Author Topic: Remedy for a Hot Day?  (Read 8069 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Remedy for a Hot Day?
« on: June 06, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
What do I need to capture in order to get this shot in the Photography Skill Journal? I have tried every single suggestion on the net - Sim playing in spinkler, using a bar, even drinking a juice. Still nothing. I am desperate. What does qualify for this? Thanks.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Re: Remedy for a Hot Day?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »
Have a Sim take a swim in a pool. I think that should do the trick. Good luck with your challenge  ;)
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 03:59:34 PM »
Have a Sim take a swim in a pool. I think that should do the trick. Good luck with your challenge  ;)

Thanks Bella - I did that too - no luck. :( Since the Sim in question is the photographer's roommate, other options come into way, so I can't guarantee it isn't working 100%. Anyways, thanks!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 04:01:15 PM »
Mine (before the nastiness that is Generations was installed) registered when a Sim was playing in the sprinkler. Swimming captures the "Refreshing Swim" picture.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »
Mine (before the nastiness that is Generations was installed) registered when a Sim was playing in the sprinkler. Swimming captures the "Refreshing Swim" picture.

Hm. Might work then, thanks Lily. :)
But how I hate the fact that they are friends/roommates! >:( It always gets into way - takes hours to capture a required shot. Literally, though - it took me whole two hours to get "Oh no! Snake!"..

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »
You can also simply hang around a swimming pool... and wait. If it's an unknown or acquaintance Sims, it could be easier to register to shot with the right tag.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 03:44:30 AM »
I'll try that, I guess. Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 03:47:33 AM »
I wonder if maybe you need to catch someone in Egypt drinking from a canteen.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 04:20:24 AM »
Hm. That's a thing I've never tried. I'll test it in another file and see if it works. Thanks Pam. :)

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:24:26 PM »
Try a Sim playing in the sprinkler again.  I just got 'Remedy for a Hot Day' by doing that.  If you can, try to not have too much other stuff around the Sim. I had to move my sprinkler to an emptier part of the lawn to get the photo to register properly.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 02:27:12 AM »
Try a Sim playing in the sprinkler again.  I just got 'Remedy for a Hot Day' by doing that.  If you can, try to not have too much other stuff around the Sim. I had to move my sprinkler to an emptier part of the lawn to get the photo to register properly.

Actually... All they have at the moment is that spinkler. :P The case is that "Best Friend" shows up all the time. If I try to make them enemies, it still doesn't show up - this time "My Roommate" or something like that. Well, anyways, I'll retry, thank you Zylphe!

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 03:04:45 AM »
I do remember some old legacy where, whenever my Sims threw a party, the guests always ended playing sprinkler all the time and not doing what I expected from them. Maybe it still work? Especially if some are outdoors lovers.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 03:08:37 AM »
I do remember some old legacy where, whenever my Sims threw a party, the guests always ended playing sprinkler all the time and not doing what I expected from them. Maybe it still work? Especially if some are outdoors lovers.

Hmm, let me think, who has Loves the Outdoors in Sunset Valley?

Darn, darn, darn. Hank Goddard and Pauline Wan. And one of these Sims is Hank Goddard! And Pauline is enemies with my photographer because she married her man! >:( I'm so dumb. Lol.

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 11:38:31 AM »
Actually... All they have at the moment is that spinkler. :P The case is that "Best Friend" shows up all the time. If I try to make them enemies, it still doesn't show up - this time "My Roommate" or something like that. Well, anyways, I'll retry, thank you Zylphe!
Oh, okay. The Sim that I had play in the sprinkler is part of the household and is an enemy of my photographer. The sprinkler Sim isn't listed as a roommate of my photographer, though, so that's probably why I could get the photo to register properly.

If all you have on the lawn is a sprinkler, then try a party as BellaClo suggested. In my experience, it didn't really seem to matter if the Sims had Loves the Outdoors or not. If there's nothing else for them to do, the Sims generally play with the sprinkler.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 12:36:45 PM »
I got this from the sprinkler alone but also Stiles McGraw (I believe) has the Loves the Outdoors trait!! At least in my game he does!