Author Topic: How to prevent broken family trees  (Read 5263 times)

Leto85

How to prevent broken family trees
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:51:11 PM »
Some of you probably have moved sims to the bin to place them in a new town only to find out those sims have lost their family tree. Normally a dead sim will still be count as a family member, but once moved their gone.
You can prevent that by taking the tombstones of the past away sims on your lot before backing up that lot with family to the bin. That way your game will still see them as family, and they will come out at night to hount your yard.
If you want to have only the family and not the house they are living in, than be sure that all the tombstones are in the family inventory.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: How to prevent broken family trees
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
When I did that in my Legacy it still broke the Family Tree, I have all of my First, Second and Third Generation Graves and they were in the Family Inventory, they still haunt but they are not listed as family in the Family Tree? Unless something has changed since I did that?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:12:57 PM »
When I did that in my Legacy it still broke the Family Tree, I have all of my First, Second and Third Generation Graves and they were in the Family Inventory, they still haunt but they are not listed as family in the Family Tree? Unless something has changed since I did that?

When did you did it than?
I know I lost the first 4 generations because I've moved them to a new town. But otherwise I don't know how you could lose them.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:16:44 PM »
I can't remember exactly but it must have been around this Time last year possibly. I couldn't view my family tree from a Travel Bug and I read that moving them to a new town would make the Tree Viewable so I did that and found that the Family that had died already did not show on the tree at all.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]