Author Topic: No Adventures  (Read 10342 times)

Offline bored1

• Llama Wrangler
No Adventures
« on: April 30, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »
I didn't see a helpful answer to my question, so I thought I would post it here. I am having a bug that popped up for the first time a few days ago, where when clicking on the adventure board and choosing check for adventures results in the sim doing the motion but no adventure comes. This happens repeatedly and has been mentioned as happening in all 3 locations on the sims 3 site. There is a mod that [Removed. - Pam] made to fix it, but no one seems to know what it is or where to find it. If someone knows of a work around to this problem or which of [Removed.  - Pam] mods it is, I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: no adventures
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »
The reason nobody's saying anything about the mod in question is because the forum is very anti-mod, due to the dangers they pose. As for another solution, have you tried re-installing the game? It might not work, but it could. I've have the very same problem, and all I could do is get rid of the file.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »
Audren is right about no mods rule. Have you tried sending the Sim back home and then again on vacation? Keep in mind that the adventure board resets itself each midnight. The problem might eventually solve itself. Until then, you can do some side exploring, like in Sphynx or elsewhere. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline bored1

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 06:50:29 PM »
Of course I remembered that just as Audren said it. The problem lasts indefinitely. Apparently it is a bug that popped up after the last patch, but people have complained about it before that. Sometimes you get one adventure and then nothing else will show up if you don't select it. The only other option I just read a few minutes ago is to use testingcheatsenabled, delete the adventure board, go home, and come back. someone said that helped her. I am trying that out. If worse comes to worse, I'll either start the household over or have that sim not meet his LTW (explore 6 tombs in each location).

Thanks for trying to help.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:49:06 PM »
@bored1:

Please do not use the names of mods on this Forum.  The fact that you already knew it was against the rules only makes it worse.  You should have modified your first post once you your mistake.  I have done so for you now, but please don't let this happen again.

In addition, this is not an issue for the Technical Help board.  I'm moving it to the World Adventures board.  Also, if you do a search, you'll find other topics on this subject that already exist.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: No Adventures
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 07:00:54 AM »
And thanks to that handy dandy search feature, I've found one that might help you. It's a little outdated, but it should work.

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,2736.30.html

Offline bored1

• Llama Wrangler
Re: No Adventures
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 10:39:09 AM »
I apologize, Pam. I honestly forgot that this forum is against mods, didn't know that it was against the rules to mention a mod creator, or that you could edit your original post. I should have known better, but in my searches for help, I thought of this forum and started typing away, knowing that the people here are knowledgeable about everything game related and didn't think about the no mod rule. Again, I sincerely apologize.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything