Author Topic: Easter Collage  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Easter Collage
« on: April 15, 2011, 12:23:12 PM »
I tried my hand at another one.  I still do not know how to color the background yet.

Easter Collage.
Themed folder in game.

I tried it on formal, everyday and nightclothes, courtesy of my little model, Jennifer Steel.
Does not look too bad on the bedsheets and curtains.

This is alot of fun and it is quite easy, once you get the hang of it.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Easter Collage
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »
I especially like the look of your Easter Collage on the pinny.

It is fun making the patterns, should warn you though, it becomes a bit addictive, though that could just be me  ;D

Re-colourable Backgrounds:

I didn't know how to do this either, I had help from Ausette and Jancy:

Try going into Paint and making a solid square of colour, then loading it in CAP as a sticker (there's a button on the left that lets you do so). You can then put it on the bottom layer to make a recolourable background, using the stencil option to get even better colouring options. The downside is that it only leaves you with three other layers, but it's totally worth it in my opinion. I use this method for all of my recolourable patterns and they turned out fine  :).

... I have a plain black background I made in Elements which is 256 by 256, imported into cap.  To make a perfect square in the middle in CAP W 256  H 256   X 128   Y 128

There is more info in this thread:  http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,3723.0.html  but basically

I created a white square and added it as a sticker.  I add the white square to the bottom layer.  Resize it to 256 x 256. Place it at X128 Y128.  Then click the button (the one next to the one that looks like a rubber or eraser at the bottom of Layers) to change the square to a stencil.  Then change to colour to something else as, clicking the stencil, normally turns my white square to a vivid blue.  Add the other patterns as further layers, save, export, etc.  This then works, in game, like a recolourable background.

Looking forward to seeing more of your patterns.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything