Author Topic: Kids and skills  (Read 3572 times)

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
Kids and skills
« on: December 06, 2009, 08:50:29 PM »
So, I finally had my Sim couple with maxed skills (yes, all 13 each!) have kids.  I wanted a girl and a boy staggered in 2 pregnancies, but it ended up being a girl and twin boys.  Ack!  I had to do some home expansion in a hurry.  :D  Strange thing is the girl looks like mom and one boy looks like dad, but the other boy has black hair while everyone else in the family has chestnut brown hair.

Anyway, all 3 kids read all 9 of the children's books when they were toddlers.  I would have them rotate while mom and dad played with or taught the others how to walk, talk, and be potty trained.  When they aged up to children, they each got level 3 painting and writing instantly from reading the painting books, and the writing is from reading so many children's books when they were toddlers (it told me when they clicked on their laptops.  I assume they also got logic and guitar from playing the xylophone, reading the counting, shapes, etc. books and playing with the peg box.  However, even though I got each kid a guitar, they can't play with them yet.  Mom and dad can tutor each kid in photography, painting, fishing, and a few other skills I forgot.  I haven't decided if I should turn aging off now and keep them as kids (they are so cute) or have them age up into teens.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
Re: Kids and skills
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:51:23 PM »
Oh, toddlers and children need to have the stuffed bear in their personal inventories to get the sleeping with teddy bear moodlet.  Just putting the bear in the bed/crib doesn't get that effect.

Also, the twin boys grew up on the morning of a school day, but for them it says they start school in 1 day and a few hours, so they get a slight break in the beginning.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:44:42 PM »
Great information about kids and skills!  Thank you for sharing.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 11:53:41 PM »
I know, my Sim parents already eat ambrosia and they have a huge life fruit garden.  But it would be easier to just turn aging off, otherwise their friends in the neighborhood end up dying out over time.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 05:12:21 PM »
I used testingcheats then shift click the postbox and put freeze motives or whatever it's called and kept it like that the whole time.

He was A +
 Honor Roll
 Maxed Fishing
 Level 6 Writing

I would reccomend turning aging off. It's easier than making Ambriosa again and again!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything