Author Topic: Game won't load after latest patch  (Read 5565 times)

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
Game won't load after latest patch
« on: February 01, 2011, 05:21:49 PM »
After the latest patch my game won't load. It's saying 'Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher.' Help!  :(

fogmomjazz

Re: Game won't load after latest patch
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:47:34 AM »
Isn't that sweet! I got the "invalid file" notice for the Late Night patch only, and the game updated my base game, not Late Night, so now I get a "your base game is not compatible with Late Night" and I cannot install the LN patch because of "invalid file".

I really don't want to do a whole uninstall/reinstall!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

fogmomjazz

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:23:25 AM »
Well I fiddled with it for 3 hours, then gave up and did a complete manual uninstall/reinstall. I removed most of my custom content, and downloaded the manual update to AVOID the latest patch.

I still haven't applied the update, but wish me luck. It only took me one hour (till now) to install all 6 expansions/packs. Wish me luck everyone! I hope I didn't lose my simmies!

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »
fogmomjazz, that 'invalid file' notification means that you have modified one of the original game files which can happen when you install certain mods.   In that case, if you haven't saved a copy of the original file, the only choice anyway would be to uninstall/reinstall to get the original game files back.  So I guess what I'm saying is, good thing you chose to do that!   :D

fogmomjazz

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:15:32 AM »
I'm too scared to install the patch now, and the game wont let me install package files that I download off the exchange or anywhere... It says my game isn't updated.

Now how do I circumvent this? Anyone?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:05:55 AM »
Make sure the items appear in your Downloads tab, in the Launcher. Do not install them from there. Ignore all else, and open the game. At the main menu, click the "..." and then click Open Downloads Dashboard. Install the items from there. Mission accomplished.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 10:20:13 AM »
I uninstalled all my games and updated them one by one. Now it works fine. :)

EDIT: Now none of my store content will work. I install it and it pops up in the Installed Content tab but when I get on the game it ist there anymore. Help, again.  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.