Author Topic: My game keeps crashing at the exact same point of time.  (Read 5691 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
My game keeps crashing at the exact same point of time.
« on: January 23, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
I've literally tried playing this file (it's my Immortal Dynasty) 6 times.
The child ages up, I change the clothes, the dad feeds her and then it crashes.
At the same time Morgana is just finishing up an ice sculpture and the babysitter leaves.

Could this be a bug related to any of these actions?
Is there a way to fix it?

On the last go around I saved it just before it crashed. After the saving had finished, it crashed about a second later.
I'm yet to load the game again, and I'm hoping it won't crash, but in case it does - what can be done?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My game keeps crashing at the exact same point of time.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:16:53 AM »
Have you tried completely shutting the computer down, giving it a rest and then restarting the game?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 01:02:52 PM »
You could possibly have a glitched/stuck sim and/or scenario somewhere in the town and if that is true there may be no way of finding/resetting it without mods, which I know you can't use because it is an Immortal Dynasty game. 

If I remember correctly though, I think resetting sims on your lot is considered okay by challenge/tournament rules.  Don't do it until you hear from someone more experienced on this because I wouldn't want you to go astray on my say so because I'm very new to this, but if it was allowed you might try resetting every sim on your home lot at least and see if that does any good.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 08:29:27 PM »
Have you tried completely shutting the computer down, giving it a rest and then restarting the game?

Yes, I had because my disc drive had been playing up a lot. But this was occurring after I put a new disc drive in.
It crashed when I went to play it last night, but then after a second attempt it worked (well, it crashed about an hour later, but my computer does that anyway).

Thank you Metro and Simmerqueen  :)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:36 PM »
Alexandria are you using Vista? You might have to turn off the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for Sims.  Google 'vista dep sims' and it should bring up some information on how to do this.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 09:31:51 PM »
No, I don't have Vista.
I use Windows XP.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 09:34:37 PM »
Ah. Well that is one less thing to worry about.  I hope you get your problem sorted. It must be so frustrating for you.  :( 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.