Author Topic: High End Loft Stuff Pack  (Read 18782 times)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
Re: High End Loft Stuff Pack
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 04:20:48 PM »
Is that the price after being converted back to U.S. dollars?  Or the price in your money?

No, that's converting it at the current exchange rate. Example: Right now the EA store is selling the Sims 3 base game (not the collectors edition) for 450 danish which is a little over $90. :P
That's not what it sells for in the US, right?

EDIT: I just checked, WA is the equivalent of $60 from EA.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 04:38:31 PM »
In UK pounds, the EA Store is retailing basic Sims3 for £39.99, my converter gadget (admittedly from Microsoft) says this is about $66.50.  PJSim, you are not alone in being stung by EA, although you have it worse.

The SP's for Sims2 cost about £15 ($24) and the EP's for S2 were about £20-25 ($33-$40).  WA is £29.99, nearly $50 at current conversion rates!  >:(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 08:17:54 PM »
I bought the Sims 3 base game for US$50 in a retail store.  I paid US$40 for World Adventures online from Electronic Arts.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
I paid US$40 for World Adventures online from Electronic Arts.

That's full list price. I can't bring myself to pay full list for anything. Well, except maybe a pizza.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 05:33:09 AM »
The reason I never got to play Sims2 Seasons is because I refused to pay full price for it but then I couldn't find it second-hand in the shops before Sims3 came out (and then Hubby bought S3 for me  ;D)

Sims add-ons whether EP's or SP's always go on Birthday and Christmas lists for me or I have to wait forever to get them 2nd-hand.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »
I paid US$40 for World Adventures online from Electronic Arts.

That's full list price.

Well, that's good. The list price from the EA Store is the one we should be able to compare. It's the same product being sold by the same company.

But I agree, I also refuse to pay full price for things like this. I mean at this price it just makes me feel like I've been had.
I got basic Sims 3 for $70 and WA for $50.

bshag

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »
I'll chime in my opinion here...I'm agreeing with Pam on this subject.  I have played sims since the franchise started putting out the original sims.  I have all eps, sps for sims 1 and 2.  This game is simply the most awesome game out there for me, with the exception of sim cities, 2-4 and caesars' games.

I do have to admit that once another series started, after sims 1 came sims 2 and their 3D, I never went back to the previous one.  I looked back and saw all the money I had spent on all these games and thought good lord, now what am I going to do with these.  But I figured, the sims 1 ran for several years, then sims 2 for 4 years, and even though I had spent maybe upwards of $300-$400 altogether, that's not a lot of money over 10 years worth of entertainment.  I am an RN and used to work critical care, which is kinda stressful.  When I had the time, I could dive into the sims and I could relax and enjoy my self and it worked to help take some of the pressure off.  Now that I am semi-retired due to health issues, I find the same, the sims is a great pressure release.

I figured the sp were nice little packs of objects we can get while waiting for that next "big" ep with all new options and gameplay.  Personally, I don't have a problem with spending $20 for things for my simmies to make them, and me, happier.  I am shocked at how much overseas players have to pay, which is not fair at all.

Sorry to say this but I really like the store.  I like the fact that we get to pick the individual object to put in our game without getting stuff we'll probably never use.  Like Pam says, if this small amount of money will help keep EA making packs, so be it.    Plus Pam, I learned to type on a manual with covers on the keys also.  :D     

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »
Wow, sorry I didn't mean to cause all this controversy... :P  I came into the series from TS2 and bought every EP and SP that came out for the game.  Like some have mentioned I also played the game to wind down from my very stressful job.  I was always on the fence about the store, but I suppose for those who like to pick and choose an item or two it's great.  I realize the costs can add up, but I buy what I can when I can.  ;)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 12:36:48 PM »
I think it's quite nice to find out how others interact with the game and its extras.  I always love being nosey when it won't offend others and discussions like this can raise interesting points that I may not have considered.

anything