Author Topic: It's Rewarding Life - Part I <<Live Challenge -- Jump in!>>  (Read 340 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
It's a Rewarding Life - Part I

Part I of It's a Rewarding Life focuses on unique rewards purchased from the Rewards Store. Participants can continue their file in the Part II challenge, so there will be an extra layer of strategy (and extra reward) for this event's players looking ahead.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • Create 1 Young Adult Sim — Human.
  • Move your Sim to any lot/house/apartment of your choice.
  • Additions to your household may only happen in Live Mode.
  • No one may leave your household. If a household member dies, they may not be replaced. If your Starting Sim dies, stop your file and post your score.
  • The Wishing Well and Celestial Crystal Crown are banned.
  • Changing lot traits and lot types is banned.
  • Pause your game on Sunday Week 2 Day 1 at 8:00 AM.

Scoring

Unique Rewards Purchased: Number of Unique Rewards Purchased in the Rewards Store by your Starting Sim only. (Keep track of the Unique Rewards Purchased so you can post your score if your starting Sim dies.)

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event Starts July 1
This Event Ends July 7

Player                            Unique Rewards Purchased   
Deklitch24

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: It's Rewarding Life - Part I <<Get Ready -- Challenge Starts Soon>>
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2024, 07:05:38 PM »
Monday the 1st of July here, so I'm getting started ... oh the Rewards of living in Australia  :D :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2024, 07:25:45 PM »
Monday the 1st of July here, so I'm getting starting ... oh the Rewards of living in Australia  :D :D

And having spiders the size of my hand roaming around. And how about sharks the size of trucks? Lol. Hey, seriously, good luck, Dek.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 08:31:41 PM »
Just wanted to say hi.  Hi Tom, Hi Lena.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 09:18:33 PM »
Just wanted to say hi.  Hi Tom, Hi Lena.

Oh, my! Nutella. My goodness. How long has it been? I have thought about you and plenty of other great players over the years and always think how cool it would be to have lots of top players at the same time. Alas, it never seems to work out. How have you been?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2024, 09:26:58 PM »
I've been good, it has been a long long time since I played sims.  Well good news is I'm starting to play this again, bad news is I'm gonna be terrible. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2024, 10:13:23 PM »
Welcome back Nutella, being terrible isn't too bad (speaking from personal experience here) :D Having fun is the main thing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2024, 07:08:44 AM »
Thank you Deklitch. 

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2024, 09:10:41 AM »
Just a reminder that a new General Rules ban was recently added...

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=33028.msg525776#msg525776

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2024, 09:21:51 PM »
Just a reminder that a new General Rules ban was recently added...

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=33028.msg525776#msg525776

Thanks for the reminder, Metro :) I don't have that pack in any case, so it won't bother me either way :D

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: It's Rewarding Life - Part I <<Live Challenge -- Jump in!>>
« Reply #10 on: Today at 07:30:15 AM »
Deklitch Hardin acquired 24 unique rewards by 8am Sunday of week 2. Thanks, as always, for the fun challenge, and I'm on top for once. :)

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: Today at 09:58:06 AM »

Hi all;

After a long break (i received tennis trainer's license as assistant coach and worked in my high school at weekdays. Would be great to have a pack including tennis content in Sims 4) :-) , i started this challenge.

My question is about scoring = Does the value of rewards effect the score or just in tied stuations? (For example, both participants had 15 rewards, than the totale points defines the winner)

Thanks in advance, good luck all.  8)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: Today at 10:57:31 AM »

Hi all;

After a long break (i received tennis trainer's license as assistant coach and worked in my high school at weekdays. Would be great to have a pack including tennis content in Sims 4) :-) , i started this challenge.

My question is about scoring = Does the value of rewards effect the score or just in tied stuations? (For example, both participants had 15 rewards, than the totale points defines the winner)

Thanks in advance, good luck all.  8)

Hi, Noyo! Yeah, I was wondering what happened to you. :) It has been more than a year since you have participated in an event. Welcome back. On your question -- all rewards count as 1, so there may be some ties.

anything