Author Topic: How do I cull all townie ghosts at once using MCCC?  (Read 1372 times)

Offline PicklePeanut

• Nooboo
How do I cull all townie ghosts at once using MCCC?
« on: June 10, 2024, 11:31:50 AM »
Not one at a time as I meet them in gameplay. 

I have MCCC but don't know where the settings are to cull all ghosts.  I know how to flag to preserve a family ghost. 

More explanation:  to stop townie invasion I set MCCC to have all townies spawn in as elderly.  Some still spawn in as children.  Using MCCC I can only change that children never spawn in as teenagers.  So after setting the spawn to kids and elders only I then used MCCC again to set human life span to shortest and then inside that span in each option I reduced elders to living for only one day.  What this does is kill off all the townie spawns so I don't have to keep going into homeless menu and spending half an hour deleting them every house play.  Using this method I've reduced that homeless townie menu to about only four townies at any given point.  It's my workaround to reduce townie spawn but it has one problem... ghosts.  They count as population and they are jacking my pop up astronomically.

I feel like I've seen in MCCC settings somewhere a time management menu to increase game culling.  Something about picking a day of the week?  I cannot find it.  Very old posts internet talk about clicking the mailbox and culling ghosts.  Nothing happens when I click the mailbox.  I don't even get a menu.  I can click my sim or the computer to bring up MCCC option menus.  Mailbox does nothing.

Where in MCCC is the culling ghosts option?  Was it removed?  Is there anything culling wise still in MCCC?  Where at exactly?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: How do I cull all townie ghosts at once?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 12:15:28 PM »
@PicklePeanut

However, when I want to start a new game without the game's premade townies, I go to Manage Households then click "Unplayed Households."
Then, you'll need to click the top right "x" of the thumbnail for every household you wish to delete..
Next, go to "Your Households" if there areny households there that you want to delete.
Not sure there's a faster way to delete all the townies. This is how I always do it.

On the MCCC FAQs page, someone asks your same question (I think) to which Deaderpool or one of his assistants replies.
How dod I keep my family tree Sims from being deleted when they become ghosts but still clean-up the other ghosts around town?
This is very easy to do. You want to flag the Sims in your family tree with the “Never Cull” flag. Then, you can enable the MC Cleaner “Clean Ghosts” setting which will delete ghosts around town on a scheduled basis. It will not, however, delete any of the ghosts you flag for “Never Cull” and neither will EA’s culling, so it will always keep your family tree intact. If you can’t click on a ghost in the Relationship Panel to flag them, you can run the “mccc” or “flag_sim” console commands to do it. Those are documented further in the MC Command Center module documentation.

Hope this helps.  Happy simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PicklePeanut

• Nooboo
Re: How do I cull all townie ghosts at once using MCCC?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2024, 12:36:09 PM »
Sorry, no, you misunderstood.

I am playing a long term game over a year with many descendants.  I know how to flag to keep ghosts being culled.   I need to cull the ghosts that are not flagged.   How do I cull not flagged ghosts?

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2024, 12:39:37 PM »
Sorry, no, you misunderstood.

I am playing a long term game over a year with many descendants.  I know how to flag to keep ghosts being culled.   I need to cull the ghosts that are not flagged.   How do I cull not flagged ghosts?

That was included in the answer :

Then, you can enable the MC Cleaner “Clean Ghosts” setting which will delete ghosts around town on a scheduled basis.

Offline PicklePeanut

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2024, 10:20:06 AM »
Where in mccc settings?

anything