Author Topic: Bloom Cycle Fix? (Seasons, maybe?)  (Read 651 times)

Offline Krysee

• Nooboo
Bloom Cycle Fix? (Seasons, maybe?)
« on: April 09, 2024, 02:06:42 PM »
I'm calling it the "bloom cycle" because I don't see anybody else out there talking about it and I can't find anything else about it.  But what I mean by "bloom cycle" is the thing that happens on the active lot every day at 5 AM:  everything advances to the next growth stage, and if it's ready to bloom, fruit pop up.  When I go looking for it, all I find is people who are just guessing or spreading misinformation and saying things like, "certain things just take longer to bear fruit than others" and "you have to stay on a lot for a while" ... no, it's precisely 5 AM.  I've got that part down to a science.

For me, at least, whether or not I'm using Basemental, Carl's Seasons Tuner or none of the above, only happens on the active lot.  The lot my active sim traveled to last, where my in-game camera is anchored.  It doesn't happen on any other lot, even if active household members are there.  It happens on the off-lot neighborhood fill between this lot and the one next door, but if I have things planted on the lot next door, screw me for even trying to have a second garden!  That stuff is never going to grow or bear fruit unless I'm there prior to 5 AM and catch the bloom cycle, and then I can forget the stuff I planted back home.

What I want is a mod that makes that bloom cycle happen on all lots when it's supposed to happen, or at the very least, a cheat that lets me trigger it on a lot that's been unplayed for a week and still has no fruit.  The shift-click cheat to cause a plant to spawn fruit doesn't do anything for me, but I hope that maybe some kind of lot-wide trigger to force the bloom is something that can be done.  I'd do it myself, but the last time I did any modding for myself was when TS3 Ambitions was the newest EP, and I don't even know where to start.

Little help?  Either someone kick it up to Carl for proper handling, or aim me in the right direction so I can do it?

Note to the moderators:  I don't know where to put this or what to call it.  Feel free to rename and/or move it to the appropriate forum, and I apologize for not spending enough time to figure out where things go before posting.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Bloom Cycle Fix? (Seasons, maybe?)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 12:56:16 PM »
I can't tell if this issue is the same, but wanted to share this just in case.

Plants not being able to produce harvestables seems to still be an issue.

[NEEDS SAVES] Plants are no longer producing harvestables
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-are-no-longer-producing-harvestables/td-p/8719108

If this doesn't really fit what's happening in your game. You might consider making a new bug report on answers.ea. 

Login with your EA Account > Click the New Topic button and give as much detail about the issue/bug as possible.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Bloom Cycle Fix? (Seasons, maybe?)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 01:39:44 PM »
I think that what Krysee is saying is that plants do nothing, unless it's on the active lot.  For example, I need a lily, and they don't grow in my home neighborhood.  I know I can find them in the park in Willow Creek in summer.  But if I just visit the park, I'm just going to find a dirt pile that tells me it's a lily if I mouse over it.  If I actually want a lily from it, I'm going to have to buy a tent, and live there for a couple of days.  Day after tomorrow, first thing in the morning, the lilies in the park should finally be ready to pick.  This isn't a new bug or anything, just the way it's always worked.
A mod that will make the game track maturity and ripening for the whole world, even when you aren't there to babysit?  That would be AMAZING!!!