Author Topic: How do you all play?  (Read 974 times)

Offline Nirvane

• Nooboo
How do you all play?
« on: January 18, 2024, 09:02:48 PM »
Long time Simmer here.

I'm curious how you all play the game. I end up sticking with one house until I get bored and then make a new family.

By that I mean, usually start solo, marry and have kids quickly but never have them leave the house. I don't think I've ever made it fully until the parents of the family I'm playing have died...except by accident lol

I feel lately like I'm missing something. So what do you all do? Do you raise the kids and ship them out of the house or follow them and ignore the parent family...do you play multiple households? I've only ever concentrated on one per game.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: How do you all play?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 02:39:39 AM »
I play to explore packs. I build a family and play until I did every thing. Also I play challenges weird rule restrictions to make things hard like only making money selling tomatoes while living on a small lot starting with nothing but one tomato in spring. No house no money just one tomato. Or some other challenge. Also I have a save I collect all the ghosts types earned honestly. I am also a builder but of low skill. I love building lots. Sometimes I also like building super sims with everything maxed and all rewards unlocked earned honestly. I use mods almost always to make the ge harder. I also adore the royalty mod on the rare times I am just dimming around.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 01:07:16 PM »
I've been playing for many years and tried all sorts of stuff.

I have a few long term saves.

One is a super sim/family save where all aging is off, I have one active family, and they basically are super-powered where they try to get all the collections and content they can. The careers and aspirations they've tried are maxed. I often use this family to test out new content or try new things.

I have a couple of other saves similar to that, but with occult sims and aging on. One is with Vlad, where I was using him to learn vampire powers and content. I've also used him to test out mods and content and builds because vampires are cheaty. Sometimes when I'm feeling salty, I'll also play Vlad just to run around and wreak havoc, because he's a fun character to play when you feel like being a llama.  ;D I've also got a werewolf save with a CAS werewolf where I did something similar with werewolf powers.

I have a long-term generational save with aging on normal. It's not quite a legacy, but it's similar style play as I stick with one family in it.

Most recently, I've been playing a new save that's heavily modded based on the Decades Challenge by CuteCoffeeGal. I say based on because I play for fun and don't follow the rules to the letter, it's more of a roleplay thing for me, but I've been having a blast with it. Using CC and mods I made over all of the townies and downloaded or made customizations of lots of Henford-on-Bagley to look like they were straight out of the late Victorian/Edwardian Era and started my sims there pretending it was 1890, changed my aging to a custom setting with a mod to make each sim year of 4 seasons/weeks equivalent to a decade, and played a family that was a YA male spellcaster, his elder spellcaster mother, and his YA human newlywed wife, dog, and horse on a farm with the simple living, off the grid, wild foxes, wild prairie grass traits and went from there. It's been the most fun I've had playing Sims in a long time! I've used clubs to make all sorts of gatherings and make my community come alive, and I look forward to updating my sims each time as time passes.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 05:06:17 PM »
I have quite a few saves and take turns playing each of them.  I am a big family person, had one family with over 15 or more generations.  I played it on normal life span.  Start with a single sim, they get married, have kids, usually two.  As they get older and reach young adult, one of the kids either moves their boyfriend or girlfriend in and they have a child.  They all stay put and I can proceed as the parents get to elder and die.  I keep the same house, so they have generations of items, like paintings, sculptures, etc.  Unfortunately, I lost that save and I also keep all of the headstones and make a cemetery at the park of whichever town I am playing.  I have been in a rut lately, so I know what you mean.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything