Author Topic: Should I abandon my Legacy save?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline metallpea

• Nooboo
Should I abandon my Legacy save?
« on: December 30, 2023, 05:54:09 AM »
It was the very first time I did the legacy challenge in my 10+ years of playing TS3. I tried following the official rules as closely as possible but-

I'm the type of player to focus more on building skills and stuff like that, rather than relationships/having kids. So I spent the first 11 weeks focused on ''getting ready'', building up funds and raising skills. I got very carried away with travelling and collecting, my absolute favourite thing to do in this game.  In that time, my founder sim aged to elder. Still no baby. Many of the other sims in town died to old age.

After much hesitation I used the Fountain of Youth elixir on her and her vampire future baby daddy. Pinstar (creator of the challenge) stated that reversing age isn't allowed, but IIRC in another comment he said that each sim can use it *once* in their lifetime once they reach elder. I didn't have much of a choice so I wanted to believe the latter.

So in short, I might've broken one of the rules and my save feels 'tainted'.

I have a problem with perfectionism and needlessly stressing myself out so I had trouble falling asleep last night cause I didn't know what to do.

I tried restarting the legacy with the same founder/town but- I found it tiring to retrace my steps. I've also gotten very attached to the original legacy save and built some great memories with it. It just has more roleplaying value.

I wish I could ask Pinstar himself. But what do you think I should do? Restart or continue?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Should I abandon my Legacy save?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 02:26:44 PM »
If you feel the save is tainted, why not try starting over with a new family in a new town. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Should I abandon my Legacy save?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 08:50:15 PM »
Hi @metallpea !

I've completed Pinstar's Legacy Challenge twice with The Sims 4.
For TS4, there is a rule that each member of the active household can extend their life with a Potion of Youth once in their lifetime.
So, I think your current legacy challenge is not in violation of any rules.  That's my personal opinion, anyway.
When I played my legacies, I usually had my founder, founder, heirs, and their spouses all drink a Potion of Youth on their Young Adult birthday.
With the passing years, The Sims 4 included so many careers that each of my generations had to complete 3 or 4 careers.

Anyway, I believe that your legacy is still "legit," imho.  :D