Author Topic: Let's Have Some Summer Satisfaction  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Let's Have Some Summer Satisfaction
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2023, 12:23:44 PM »
After a long hiatus from the Sims and this forum I decided to take on this challenge. My sim finished the week with 39915 satisfaction points. So annoyingly close to 40000 ...

Oh, wow. I looked up your last Tournament challenge. 7 years ago...

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26428.msg444019#msg444019

Welcome back, Tipi. :)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2023, 02:48:47 PM »
After a long hiatus from the Sims and this forum I decided to take on this challenge. My sim finished the week with 39915 satisfaction points. So annoyingly close to 40000 ...

Oh, wow. I looked up your last Tournament challenge. 7 years ago...

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26428.msg444019#msg444019

Welcome back, Tipi. :)

Thanks Metro :)  I have not been away from the Sims quite so long. I still play but take often hiatus from the game for several months. But something always pulls me back.
And I always need a goal to aim for in my games so these tournament challenges and dynasties give me just that. So thanks to the team.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2023, 04:42:26 PM »
Mick Jagger always sang about not getting satisfaction, so that was my Sim's name. And he did not get much. 27210 total.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2023, 07:27:47 PM »
Very fun challenge, but glad it was only one Sim week. No time to practice and barely time to finish. My Sim ended with 19435 points.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2023, 08:28:35 PM »
Arya Satisfied finished with 49,585 points.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2023, 08:35:11 PM »
Arya Satisfied finished with 49,585 points.

Oh, that name. I am gagging right now. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2023, 06:00:29 AM »
This challenge is now closed and players can discuss their strategy. Even though ten total participants is a far cry from the old Sims 3 glory days, I am happy with that number. If the team had not decided to make this event only one Sim week (thanks again, @jesslc) it surely would have been even less.

Vesper continues to do what she does best -- rack up wins. Although @mismck let everyone know she is alive and well and made it a close call at the end.

My special thanks to team member @Teresa for putting this event together. Teresa has had perfect participation this season but feels under the weather and could not get this done. So, everyone, make sure to wish her well and toss some long-distance hugs down to Texas. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2023, 07:04:14 AM »
Hugs to Teresa!

Very close results so looking forward to hearing from mismck. I made a few mistakes as always but am still pretty pleased and surprised by how much satisfaction racked up. Focused most on aspirations that could be completed or fourth level reached as these offered the most points and tried to avoid getting distracted by starting level one in lots. I looked at how long aspiriations would take - if they had any times specified (e.g. practice programming for x hours) or high level careers needed they were generally avoided. Also noted which could cross over with eachother to earn points for both with one activity.

Set up
First step was to uninstall My First Pet Stuff so that I could be sure to have a collection that was completable in one week for The Curator - postcards. Lana was cheerful, insider, and materialistic - was hoping the latter would spin wants for her to buy things but it didn't work out that way, she just had a constant want to "Look on the Bright Side" (from cheerful trait) which wasn't possible due to her being happy all the time. Made her like a handful of music types (she did at least spawn wants to listen to these) plus all conversation types and Sim characteristics. Starting aspiration was a Knowledge one for bonus to learning. Set up was the usual micro home on Bargain Bend in Willow Creek. First action was to rudely greet two walk-bys to start on Chief of Mischief as it would be difficult to get folks to dislike my Sim once I got a club going. Played in Summer just because that's the title of the challenge but considering I had vampires planned it would have been better to be winter really.

Aspirations completed
Chief of Mischief - knew that this could be a quick one from April's Masters of Mischief challenge
Big Happy Family - adopt three children and age up the first to YA. First child adopts four grandchildren. Move out with folks I've moved in for their money. Eldest child stuck around for a while and earned some points for potions for Lana as well as taking care of stuff around the home.
Fabulously wealthy - achieved by moving in wealthy households
Mansion Baron - this is a great one as is achieved within build/buy so doesn't take up any Sim time
Renaissance Sim - Skills were mainly those built seeking other aspirations (Charisma for Friend of the World, Cooking and Gourmet Cooking for Master Chef, Logic and Handiness for Nerd Brain, Vampire Lore for Master Vampire etc). Careers to level 4 (with connections) were Entertainer (for Joke Star), Culinary (for Master Chef) and some others I can't remember.  Connections is the only satisfaction reward I bought as I calculated it would bring a profit over all by completing this aspiration.
Serial Romantic - wooed clubmates then switched them out once they had become boyfriend/ girlfriend and Lana had kissed them. Gold dates completed with soulmate after that aspiration's gold dates while earning the romantic interactions. Received three marriage proposals including from both Clara and Bjorn Bjergsen.
Soulmate - married one of Lana's lovers and dated them a lot on the home lot
The Curator - started working on postcards collection for final stage early as last delivery would be Saturday morning. Hardest part was actually the fossils as they didn't show up for a bit. Chose Bargain Bend for the variety of collectibles.
Friend of the World - making friends is easy with microhome and Popular Club perk
Leader of the pack - this is a nice one as it progresses while you're working on other things

Aspirations worked on a little
Master Chef - cooking and gourmet cooking to level 8 for Renaissance Sim
Master Mixologist - just first level as it's buying a bar
Master Vampire - just what I could do without becoming a vampire (see mistakes)
Nerd Brain - handiness and logic were two of the skills for Renaissance Sim too. Reading the initial three books is always a drag so wanted to make it work for two aspirations as well
Freelance Botanist - only first level as nothing was up to evolving stage. Planted bluebells harvested for first level curator
Good Vampire - just what I could do without becoming a vampire
Joke Star - with social interactions and parties
Neighbourhood Confidante - fulfilled two criteria by doing Friend of the World
Party Animal - worked with Master Chef

Mistakes
Main error was forgetting how long it takes to turn into a vampire. The vampire aspirations are the most lucrative points-wise, even though they weren't completable in one week, so planned to work on them the final two days. But messed it all up by both getting distracted and thinking it takes 24 hours to turn so Lana was still a few hours off turning when the challenge ended. Only got a few hundred points from researching vampire lore etc.

Created a club instead of taking over the Good Timers which slowed me down as I didn't have Rally the Troops from the get go. My reasoning was that I wanted to move in Jacques Villareal and family for their money, and friendship would grow more quickly if Lana met him outside of being in a club together due to the microhome bonus and Popular Club perk (first bought). So I figured Lana's child would join good timers so Lana could meet and instantly befriend Jacques. Later I realised that I could have done it the other way around and have the kid befriend and move in Jacques which would have saved time. Oh well.

Moved in Vlad for his wealth and had planned to use him to become a vampire. Except he accidentally killed himself by continually running outside during the day. I didn't try too hard to stop him as had befriended Lilith Vatore by then but it was annoying.

--
There might be other things I've forgotten but that's the main strategy I think. Please let me know if anything is unclear. This was a really fun one and there were lots of possible approaches so interested to hear what aspirations others focused on. Now I can hopefully get the earworms out of my head (yeah I thought of the Stones too Metro, plus obviously Summertime Sadness Satisfaction by Lana Del Rey).

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2023, 07:50:01 AM »
Congrats @Vesper!

I went the Vampire route. My starting Sim was a vampire with the Master Vampire Aspiration which gave him the Quick Learner bonus trait. His other traits were Insider, Cheerful, and Overachiever. Like Vesper, I played in Summer. I don’t know why other than habit. But the poor vampire couldn’t go out in the daytime. Oops… He lived in a micro house on the Pebble Burrow lot in Oasis Springs. My static lot traits were Private Dwelling and Study Spot. The third lot trait changed with whatever activity he was pursuing. I utilized Clubs constantly throughout the week - there was always a Club Gathering happening. I made my own clubs and didn’t join the Good Timers, because as a vampire I didn’t need Rally the Troops. I put a shower and toilet in the house so no club members were ever in dire need of anything. I changed 5 of the club members into vampires on the first day, so by mid-week, they didn’t need sleep or the toilet. I did not buy any satisfaction rewards. I really had no plan and bounced around between Aspirations depending on my mood.

These are the Aspirations I completed:
Mansion Baron: moved in with Judith Ward (then promptly moved back to my micro house).
Hope vs Order: super fast set of tasks in the 1 Requirement. Went at night so as not to tempt fate and burn up.
Leader of the Pack
Friend of the World: flew through dinner parties to max charisma and making friends while in a club is easy peasy.
Serial Romantic: made a secondary club for romance purposes. Got engaged to 3 or 4 different Sims in the process.
Soulmate: after completing Serial Romantic, the bonus trait received allows your Sim to do whatever they want and no gets mad, so completing Soulmate was a cinch, even with current love interests in the vicinity. Married Moira Fyres.
Fabulously Wealthy: had rich people move in.

These are the Aspirations that had some done:
Painter Extraordinaire: All but the 5 Masterpieces - didn’t want to take the time.
Master Mixologist: Got as far as Level 7 Mixology Skill in Requirement 3. Never went to work, so was never going to join the mixology branch.
Master Vampire: Got as far as reading the Ultimate Vampire Tome in Requirement 4. Made a 3rd club for the vampires to use for teaching and sparring. Didn’t get to Grand Master and since the event was one week, there was no way to live an additional 20 days as a vampire.
Vampire Family: Did everything except become a Master Vampire in Requirement 4.
Good Vampire: Did everything in Requirement 2 except “Don’t drink deeply for 5 days in a row.” I think the count reset when I went to Batuu.
Computer Whiz: Got as far as Becoming an Adult in Requirement 3 (for no points). Never went to work (and didn’t buy Connections). Started to make an app, but that takes SSSOOOOO long - didn’t want to take the extra time.
Party Animal: Got as far as earning silver on 3 thrown parties in Requirement 3.
Bodybuilder: worked out the gym - hopped on the treadmill for a few minutes - easy 50 points. Real purpose in going to the gym was to meet people for Friend of the World.
Neighborhood Confidante: did not advise and influence Sims. But after maxing out Charisma and making a bunch of friends, the other 2 requirements were done.
Master Actor: Got as far as joining the Acting Career in Requirement 2.
Big Happy Family (& Successful Lineage & Super Parent): Got as far as becoming a parent in Requirement 2 (married Moira Fyres).
Extreme Sports Enthusiast: used the computer to purchase a remedy.
Joke Star: did everything except join the comedian branch in Requirement 3 (since I never went to work).
Galactic Privateer: did all of Requirement 1 except play Sabacc.
Master Chef: did everything except reach level 4 the culinary career in Requirement 3 (since I never went to work).
Eco Innovator: Got as far as voting on Neighborhood Action Plans 2 separate times in Requirement 3.

anything