Author Topic: Feeling Perky?  (Read 4293 times)

Offline jesslc

• Townie
Re: Feeling Perky?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2023, 09:59:19 AM »
Only managed a week and a half, but I won’t be able to play tomorrow so I’ll submit my score now.

Sim A – 15
Sim B – 56
Sim C – 0
Total = 71

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2023, 12:10:32 PM »
Sim 1 - 15
Sim 2 - 10
Sim 3 - 55

Total = 80

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2023, 02:34:57 PM »
Sim 1 - 69
Sim 2 - 10
Sim 3 - 24

Total - 103
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2023, 05:57:50 PM »
Sim 1 - 11
Sim 2 - 11
Sim 3 - 25

Total - 47

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2023, 06:14:40 PM »
Sim 1 = 75
Sim 2 = 2
Sim 3 = 0

Total = 77

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2023, 09:15:20 PM »
Made it through 1 Sim week, but ran out of human time.

Sim 1 - 53
Sim 2 - 5
Sim 3 - 0

Total = 58

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2023, 05:48:37 AM »
sorry to have missed this one; I've been unwell. Look forward to reading everyone's strategies as always

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2023, 06:35:31 AM »
This challenge is now closed. Wow. It's not often we have a tie at the top. It may have only happened once in the last 14 years. I would have to investigate and look through the Graveyard threads. Congrats to @sone and @Elinoee on their win. The challenge team had our first meeting with new member, sone, the other day, and he asked what happens in the event of a tie. So, I assured him that the two players get the same number of points for the world ranking since there is no single winner. Everyone is now free to discuss their strategy. Before I hop off here to go update the World Ranking...

sorry to have missed this one; I've been unwell. Look forward to reading everyone's strategies, as always

I must confess I was quite surprised at your absence. I saw you online yesterday close to the time you posted for the last event, which would have been close to midnight in the U.K. I figured you were waiting until the last minute to surprise everyone with your typical awesome score. :) My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. We all want you back in the trenches soon. *hugs*

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2023, 09:42:53 AM »
Congrats to @sone for our shared victory   :D     @Vesper , I hope you will get well soon...

I guess that @sone ,@Teresa and I had approximately the same strategy, looking to our perks per sim.

I had Sim one buy spellcasters perks : she got the 24 perks available by drinking "potion of perk purging" when it was available to her, approximately at the end of week one (she was already a virtuoso and had 11 perks; it was then easy to get the 13 others).

Sim 2 worked on retail points and managed to get 13 of them. She spent most of the 2 weeks with the retail store open, all days and nights. My 3 sims completely lived there and had their club gatherings here full time. When at the middle of week 2 approximately, I realised it would be hard to get some more retail points and gave it up. I think I should have given up sooner and focus on Sim 3 perks which are really easier to get...

Sim 3 got club perks and got 75 of them. He was leader of his club and the two other sims were members. They had a club gathering full time during the two weeks and made great use of the "rally the troops" perk.
I made him complete the "leader of the pack" aspiration but only thought about it on week 2... I didn't realize at the beginning that completing this aspiration will make him gaining club points faster.

I think it is really possible to get more perks in two weeks (maybe even all the club perks) by completing quickly the leader of the pack aspiration and focusing mostly on the club instead of spending much time managing the retail store  :)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2023, 09:54:41 AM »
I went with Spellcaster (24/24), Fame (10/10), and club perks (69/97).

On spellcaster I actually had her experiment until she earned enough points to buy all the perks.  Didn't even think about using perk purging potion.  She ended up with an extra point that she couldn't spend because she had all perks active.

On fame I was thinking it was just 10 that she was allowed but reading the thought process behind spellcaster, I realize that she probably could have counted 11 as she lost level 5 and had to buy a different perk to keep 10 active perks.  It wouldn't have changed the placing of the final scores as it would have been just a +1 to the final score.

Club perks - I didn't realize Leader of the Pack would increase how fast her earned club perks until just now.  They lived in a painting club with cauldron use for the spellcaster.  Fame was achieved by selling paintings and then donating the expensive violins.  Lots of Rally the Troops though.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2023, 02:28:35 PM »
Nice strategy @Teresa ,and really great work with your spellcaster!

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2023, 03:29:17 PM »
It was pretty much the same strategy for me, yeah.

Lived at the vet clinic which maxed out pretty early while always having the club going and a spellcaster slaving over her cauldron in between sessions of spamming spells. I thought I was on track to get all club perks until 3 sim days before the end when I finally added other sims; totally spaced maxing the aspiration would have added a lot more points. Ah well.

Had the club owner alternating between programming and singing to avoid burnout, and had all three sims taking turns with the vet clinic until it maxed, then the vet perk sim join the program/singing grind with the spell caster joining in after she over-maxed spellcasting for the final perk.

I think I needed with 14 unpurchased club perks? I'd need to log in again to check; if I'd finished the aspiration or added more then the household to the club at the beginning I think I probably would have maxed it in time, was averaging a skill perk every three hours or so towards the end.