Author Topic: Masters of Mischief  (Read 5820 times)

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Masters of Mischief
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2023, 01:20:54 AM »
I ran into a snag with this one which I was not expecting. I'll be interested to hear how others got around it once the challenge is over in all time zones!

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2023, 06:05:50 AM »
Had no human time this past week. Great scores everyone!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2023, 06:25:23 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

I was not sure whether to mark techiechick as DNF given her last post. Anyways, great job, everyone. @Vesper was the first player to post a score. In fact, I believe she did so within 24 hours of this challenge going live, and no one was able to improve on it. I have not updated the world ranking yet, but since @mismck sat out this event, Vesper definitely gained some ground in the world ranking.

Thanks to all that participated, and special thanks to team member Teresa for putting this one together. Everyone can now share their strategy.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2023, 08:44:25 AM »
I got your naming reference Metro!

First thing I did was look up the strategies from the previous challenge https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30107.30

Main obstacle in this challenge (besides hysteria risk) is the requirement for the Joke Star sim to choose the Comedian path of Entertainer career which happens at level five. With this in mind my first priority was earning the 3000 satisfaction points as soon as possible to buy the connections reward thus requiring only one promotion to get the requirement.

Set up was to create two married sims both cheerful, love the outdoors, and slob (so I didn't need to worry about cleaning up their plates). I dressed them in colour coordinated outfits so I knew what each was working on (pinky purple for mischief and yellow for comedy) - I know most people don't need to do this but I often get sims confused unless they look very different so this helps. They began with knowledge aspirations for the boost to skill building. Moved them into a tiny home on Pebble Burrow in Oasis Springs, lot traits convivial and study space. Home was a 2x2 box with a loo inside then outside was a fridge, mirror, microphone, cheap stereo, wishing well, and two computers. Remembered just in time to lock the computers to household before Johnny Zest could commandeer one on his welcome wagon visit.

Missy (mischief) began by rudely introducing herself to passers by to get two sims to dislike her. Funny (comedy) began working on her satisfaction points for connections which were (not in order):
  • Jokestar level 1 - Be funny to five sims (75) & Reach level 3 comedy (75)
  • Jokestar 2 - Own a microphone (150)
  • Soulmate 1 - Have boyfriend/ girlfriend (50) & Go on two dates (75)
  • Soulmate 2 - Be married to BFF (350)
  • Soulmate 3 - Earn silver on two dates with spouse (600) & Achieve soulmate level with spouse (750)
  • Master vampire 1 - Search computer for information about vampires (300) & Read encyclopedia vampirica volume 1 (300)
  • Super parent 1 (also could use Successful lineage or Big happy family as all share first level) - Spend 1000 simoleons on kids' stuff (75)
  • Friend of the world 1 - Have three friends (75)
  • Fabulously wealthy 1 - Have 10,000 simoleons in reserve (75)
  • The final 50 points were earned with two whims to listen to favourite music types for 25 each.

This earned 3000 points, and connections, by mid afternoon leaving over 24 hours before the start of the first entertainer shift. Cooldown for wishing well is eight hours so this gave me three chances for a successful wish for promotion. When Funny bought connections she cycled through some other careers for their rewards before becoming an entertainer. This provided the funds for wishing. I didn't receive an instant promotion with any wish but got two bonuses and a promise of promotion next visit to work if all other criteria were filled. This meant spending a little time getting violin to level three. She got promoted to level five, and chose comedian branch, at 10pm Monday.

While Funny was doing all this Missy was flying through Chief of Mischief. Vlad came around and provided a wonderful opportunity for pranks and voodoo until he had to leave in the morning. Satisfaction points were used for sleep replacement and moodlet solver potions. Funny mostly levelled up comedy by writing jokes or short routines on the computer for safety. Except I, dangerously, decided to tell jokes to Missy as this would speed up skill gain. Hysteria was swift and Grim did arrive but luckily Missy was able to plead for her wife and calm herself down at the mirror before succumbing to a similar fate. I checked all the rules and escaping death in this way seems legit but if not then obviously I have failed. Anyway, Missy had a lovely time pranking Grim (see below).

Think that covers everything. Let me know if not.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2023, 09:02:56 AM »
Great write-up, @Vesper . So many good tips, especially your first one -- checking out the suggestions from players of the previous event. That's a tip I want to remind all challenge players -- many events the team puts together are reworks of prior events, so take advantage of that.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2023, 09:27:50 AM »

I was not sure whether to mark techiechick as DNF given her last post.

I did start a scoring file, but ran out of "human time" (as mismck said) to complete it - I didn't have a chance to start until afternoon of the 9th.

Does that make my attempt a DNF, or is that only if the challenge becomes un-finishable in-game?

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2023, 09:35:01 AM »
Main obstacle in this challenge (besides hysteria risk) is the requirement for the Joke Star sim to choose the Comedian path of Entertainer career which happens at level five. With this in mind my first priority was earning the 3000 satisfaction points as soon as possible to buy the connections reward thus requiring only one promotion to get the requirement.

This was what I was trying to do too. What happened in my game was, my sim joined Entertainer early just to get the aspiration points and then quit it immediately. After he got Connections and tried to join Entertainer again, it still put him at level 1. (I tried joining a couple other careers and the reward worked correctly for them.)

At that point it was late Sunday evening and I didn't have time to play out the extra week-ish of game time to get to level 6 without Connections. (When he got promoted to level 2 the work schedule changed so that he wasn't going back in to work for three days!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2023, 09:36:16 AM »
I did start a scoring file, but ran out of "human time" (as mismck said) to complete it - I didn't have a chance to start until afternoon of the 9th.

Does that make my attempt a DNF, or is that only if the challenge becomes un-finishable in-game?

If you started a scoring file but did not finish, then you will still be on the leaderboard as a DNF. To the best of my knowledge, mismck did not even start a scoring file. She can correct me if I am wrong. Okay, well, I need to rework the world ranking then. Thanks for the clarification, techiechick.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2023, 10:00:55 AM »
I did much the same as Vesper only not quite as well.  Janiya worked on Mischief and Kameo worked on Comedy.  They used each other to quickly level the skills - micro tiny lot with skill boosters.  Hysteria was a concern and there were times they were both trying to calm down, but thankfully Grim never showed up.  Once Kameo got connections, she made her wish - I didn't time this out well, so she only got one shot at the wish before her schedule.  She didn't get an instant promotion but did bring home the promotion.  Finishing up Tuesday evening.  Janiya had Chief of Mischief done sometime on Monday, so it was just getting that promotion for Kameo.

And the past challenges were extremely helpful.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007