Author Topic: Something's Fishy  (Read 8149 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: Something's Fishy
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2023, 01:10:12 PM »

• The jungle area to the right of the temple entrance has a fishing spot where the "Angle for a Big Catch" can result in fishing up two varieties of Omiscan Gold treasures.

This is information I am going to love.  I have never fished in the jungle and had no idea.

Great job on the challenge!
    2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
    My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
    Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
    • Challenge Board Moderator
    • Occult
    « Reply #31 on: March 28, 2023, 12:02:01 AM »
    Very nice. I forgot that the omiciean treasures could be fished up, and only spent a day there.

About the fish in sulani though; you don't have to take the boat out anymore since the last fishing update, you can catch them in the fishing spot near the sunken ship as well, and possibly in other spots too. A lot of the fish that used to be locked to one location or another can be found in sulani now, oddly enough. I even got some granite falls and Salvadorian fish there.
    I also managed to get luna fish outside of the full moon; ending up with 50/53 fish for both aquarium and mounted.

I also utilized a learn from the klepto challenge, gave one sim the trait that makes them immune to being embarrassed, and sold as much as possible at the finchwick fair for the 25% sell increase.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
    • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
    « Reply #32 on: March 28, 2023, 09:38:35 AM »
    Very nice. I forgot that the omiciean treasures could be fished up, and only spent a day there.

About the fish in sulani though; you don't have to take the boat out anymore since the last fishing update, you can catch them in the fishing spot near the sunken ship as well, and possibly in other spots too. A lot of the fish that used to be locked to one location or another can be found in sulani now, oddly enough. I even got some granite falls and Salvadorian fish there.
    I also managed to get luna fish outside of the full moon; ending up with 50/53 fish for both aquarium and mounted.

I also utilized a learn from the klepto challenge, gave one sim the trait that makes them immune to being embarrassed, and sold as much as possible at the finchwick fair for the 25% sell increase.

Thank you for sharing the info about the fishing - I did catch Walleye outside of Granite Falls, but that was the only one from that pack.
    Good idea selling at Finchwick Fair - I tried selling off of a vendor table for 300% markup, but apparently there's a bug there because Sims came over and went through the "buy" actions, even taking the items, but there was no message about it or money obtained for it, so I stopped doing that right quick.  :D

Offline Vesper

• Occult
    « Reply #33 on: March 28, 2023, 10:51:54 AM »
    I'm learning so much! Thanks for sharing all the tips everyone

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
    • Administrator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #34 on: March 28, 2023, 12:46:07 PM »
    I'm learning so much! Thanks for sharing all the tips everyone

This says it all...

I know there are other challenges out there, but the challenges here come with a community that shares information and supports each other, and that makes all the difference.

I read that the other day and nodded my head very quickly. :)

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
    • Challenge Board Moderator
    • Townie
    « Reply #35 on: March 28, 2023, 07:23:11 PM »
    Thank you for sharing the info about the fishing - I did catch Walleye outside of Granite Falls, but that was the only one from that pack.
    Good idea selling at Finchwick Fair - I tried selling off of a vendor table for 300% markup, but apparently there's a bug there because Sims came over and went through the "buy" actions, even taking the items, but there was no message about it or money obtained for it, so I stopped doing that right quick.  :D

That's too bad that the yard sale table didn't work for you  :'(
    I mostly fished in Sylvan Glade, across from the Oasis Springs gym, and behind my home lot in Oasis Springs. Almost every morning I held a yard sale with any spare items that had a base value of §100 or more.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
    • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
    « Reply #36 on: March 29, 2023, 03:01:30 AM »

That's too bad that the yard sale table didn't work for you  :'(
    I mostly fished in Sylvan Glade, across from the Oasis Springs gym, and behind my home lot in Oasis Springs. Almost every morning I held a yard sale with any spare items that had a base value of §100 or more.

Interesting . . . I'm glad to know that worked for you. I don't know why it didn't for me, but I may try some other places - the only place I tried was in Oasis Springs park while my other Sim was fishing there. I tried two different tables, but neither mattered. The table has always worked for me before.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.