Author Topic: Infants  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
Infants
« on: July 22, 2023, 06:03:19 PM »
Wasn't sure where to put this, but it seems as good a spot as any

I am at a loss as to what to do with infants. I did not buy this X-Pac, so it would appear that I am missing out on a lot of what raising infants is all about.

I am wondering if it is just best to skip the whole stage and age them straight into toddlers. I'm not sure it's worth the time and effort when there isn't a lot of reward for it.

Is there something I'm missing?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Infants
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 11:20:32 PM »
Yeah, unless you're very patient or you want to get some cute pictures, you might as well.  I do have the pack, and I still don't have the patience for them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Infants
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 03:58:47 AM »
You're missing nothing, and there's not much reward. In fact, with the GroTo pack, the feeding infants in the high chair to learn their fav foods is behind many many milestones. It's arguably the cutest part about infants, and I only did that once. And that was before getting the pack. Now... it's just too out of reach behind too many milestones. When the infant is clearly going to get the top trait, I age them up. This is always before they can even crawl. There's nothing lost by doing this, I try to play with infants as little as possible. As a game system, it's very weak / non-existent. It's a prop for roleplay.

Children get 4 aspirations which maybe have more impact on a sim.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.