Author Topic: Origin to EA App Download Store Content Issue??  (Read 1744 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Origin to EA App Download Store Content Issue??
« on: January 07, 2023, 10:58:58 AM »
Hello,

Since switching from Origin to EA platform, I noticed that some stuff did not transfer over onio Sims 3.  Examples of this are: Stones Throw Greenhouse content and Worlds such as Lucky Palms, Aurora Skies, and Riverview.  When I attempted to re-download them, I receive the message that the attempts failed and asked for the latest software updates and try again. Any way to get EA to accept the download content?  Please advise.  Thanks.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin to EA App Download Store Content Issue??
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 11:18:07 AM »
Hiya Skip,

I've been trying to keep up with the new information on the new EA App, Sims 3 and it's store content. It seems like the transfer still has some bugs in it, however there are some suggestions from the helpers at answers.ea

Try installing the store content via the Open Downloads Dashboard in the EA App.

Here's an example given from answers.ea   Re-written by me to be more clear.

Open the Sims 3 using the EA App. Go to the Load Game Page,  click the three dots in the lower left and click Open Download Dashboard. This is where you should find all your Store Content. Look for Riverview, for example. When you find it, click Install Now.

This will download Riverview to the downloads tab of the launcher and install the it.  Showing a status of downloaded and installed.

On the Load Game Page, click the +  to start a new game.  You should see Riverview in the drop down list.

Other things that have been reported to help is to repair game or clear the EA App's cache files.

The EA app:  Select the three dashes in the far-left corner of the EA app. Scroll to Help. Click App recovery. Select Clear cache.

EA App: Repair Game:  Open the EA Desktop app. Click My Collection. Click on the three dots on the problematic game and choose the Repair option.

====

Reference Links:

Delete Cache from the EA App/Origin:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Sims 3 worlds bought through the EA App won't show up in game
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-worlds-bought-through-the-EA-App-won-t-show-up-in-game/m-p/12187259#M255401

[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Store content uninstalls/won't reinstall, EA App
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Store-content-uninstalls-won-t-reinstall-EA/td-p/12151016
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 11:49:47 AM »
Hi Mrs. Flynn.  Happy New Year!

I will try your advice and will let you know what happens.  Thanks for advising.

Skip

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 11:52:01 AM »
You're welcome!! Happy New Year to you too!! :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 01:06:50 PM »
Well, I've tried everything that was suggested.  No luck.  The downloads led me to believe that the game loads were successful.  When I went into the "New game" option after loading, none of the Worlds (Sunlit Tides, Riverview) were there.  I may have missed something - I don't know.  I had even tried to reinstall from the Sims3 store - no luck, even though Installation messages said I was successful.  Not sure what to try next.

Skip

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 04:14:12 PM »
I was hoping the EA App would work for you.  If what I've typed up below doesn't work for you, it might be a good idea to post on answers.ea - Sims 3 Tech Help about the issue to see if they have any suggestions.  Let them know what you've tried in troubleshooting.

----

It's my understanding that both the EA App and Origin are still having issues these days. Last I saw was that EA is still looking into the issue and recommends Origin if it's working better.

Read over my post linked below for more/updated information about this issue.

[Info.] EA App and Sims 3 Store Content Missing or Won't Download
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=32769.msg519347#msg519347

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 10:06:42 AM »
Well, I uninstalled the EA app and re-installed Origin.  Everything is as it was previously.  I am going to stick with Origin until it can no longer be used.  lol

Skip

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 11:28:34 AM »
Thank you for the update!! I'm happy to hear Origin and Sims 3 are working for you!! :)

✽ Note: This post has been locked as this issue has been solved by EA. See the info and links here

anything