Author Topic: 2023 Sims 4 World Ranking  (Read 5752 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2023 Sims 4 World Ranking
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2023, 07:07:41 AM »
With 14k simoleans separating her position at the top and her closest competitor, Nandarelle, Vesper is definitely making things tough for other Tournament simmers to catch her. She racked up another win last night when the Seeking the Crowning Achievement challenge closed. But, I think the big story in the latest ranking is sone. sone jumped past mismck and Teresa and now occupies 3rd place. Well done, sone.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2023, 07:23:06 AM »
Despite @Vesper sitting out Feeling Perky? due to health reasons (get better soon!) she still has a firm lock on first place. But, @sone and @Elinoee tied for 1st in that event (which I think has only happened once before), and that allowed sone to jump into a tie with @Nandarelle for 2nd place in the ranking. Well done to both of you. Elinoee's added simoleans from Feeling Perky? allowed her to move ahead of @jesslc.

Given the added weight the challenge team has placed on the Finale, I think whatever top player wins that, and of course depending on how many players participate, will greatly shake up the final ranking. It will be exciting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2023, 04:49:41 PM »
Good news for anyone wanting to get ahead of me: I am on vacation for most of August, and therefore won't be participating in the challenges this month.
(And Vesper is far enough ahead that I'm sure it doesn't matter.)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2023, 06:01:32 PM »
Good news for anyone wanting to get ahead of me: I am on vacation for most of August, and therefore won't be participating in the challenges this month.
(And Vesper is far enough ahead that I'm sure it doesn't matter.)

Have a great vacation, Nandarelle. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2023, 07:42:28 AM »
Let's Have Some Summer Satisfaction closed last night and the ranking has been updated. @Vesper is definitely giving me vibes of @LenaLJ when she was such a dominant player. With Vesper's win in the satisfaction event, she has a very comfortable 26k lead over @sone. It's great to see @mismck back in the fray, and her solid 2nd place in the event moved her from 5th to 3rd place overall. And it's always nice to see former challenge participants come back, so a warm welcome to @Tipi to the ranking.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2023, 07:18:20 AM »
Zeroes to Heroes finished up last night and the ranking has been updated. @Tipi won that event and moved up a crazy amount of spots, but it was only their 2nd event of this season. Last year's world champ, @jesslc, finished 2nd, and pushed her up the ranking as well. The battle for 2nd place is turning out to be tight with @sone, @mismck, and @Nandarelle all having a decent shot at securing that position come November.

Two more events for September and then the big October Finale where everyone earns triple points.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2023, 07:47:05 AM »
Gap Year finished up last night and the World Ranking has been updated. @Vesper had another solid win and extended her lead. Last year's World Champ, @jesslc, showed she is still a threat and her 2nd place moved her up the ranking. @Tipi and @techiechick also moved up several spots.

I always like to celebrate new players to the ranking, so welcome back, @Nelleam.

Just one more regular event left and then it's the big Finale.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2023, 06:52:38 AM »
Where the heck has the time gone this season? Wowza. The last regular event of the season, Party Time, wrapped up last night. @Elinoee won quite handily. As a "casual Joe" player making my typical armchair quarterback observations, I gotta wonder where Elinoee would sit in the ranking if she had participated from the beginning of the season. Her first event was not until May with the gardening challenge which she also won.

So, it's on to the Finale which goes live a week from today.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2023, 06:22:34 AM »
Whew! The 2023 Tournament season is over. Even though @Vesper could not participate in the Finale, she simply had too much distance between her and @sone going into the Finale and is the 2023 World Champion. Congratulations, @Vesper! @Elinoee won the Finale, and with the added financial bonuses of the event, she moved up from 9th place to a tie for 6th with @Teresa and yours truly.

@Nandarelle finished 2nd in the Finale, and that was good enough to leapfrog over @mismck and secure 3rd place. A special shoutout to @Nelleam -- they came into the Finale with a World Ranking of 29th and moved up six spots. Well done.

So, as far as awarding prizes goes, @Vesper is the Champion and will receive a $50 gift card and a plaque. @sone is the runner-up and gets a $25 gift card. Nine different players ended up accumulating at least $10000 in sponsorship -- @Vesper, @sone, @Nandarelle, @mismck, @Eighty8Keys, @Teresa, Metropolis Man, @Elinoee, and @CynKuy. I assigned those players a number, and a random number generator picked @CynKuy for the Perfect 10 prize.

Thank you so much, everyone, for a great 2023 Tournament season! I cannot believe that was the 14th season. *faints and falls on the floor* Lol. See you in 2024!         

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2023, 07:38:02 PM »
I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who participated and congratulate Vesper on her victory (sone and Nandarelle were so close I have to say nice work!). Thanks to everyone on the challenge team who has kept this going 14 years. While I've been in different phases over my career they always come up with new ways to keep people entertained and I appreciate it a lot a a fellow member of the community. You're all awesome and I appreciate you.

anything