Author Topic: Mystery Gnome  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Mystery Gnome
« on: October 05, 2022, 04:24:34 AM »
Hi, my family just started the Harvestfest holiday and the gnomes appeared. I got one gnome though, that I have no idea about. He is a light orange. I looked at a website and this one was not listed. I tried coffee and that was a bust. So I just sold him, lol. Anyway here is a pic of him.

Mystery Gnome.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Mystery Gnome
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 11:09:24 AM »
I went to look up Sims 4 Gnomes Wiki and this is what I found.

You appear to have a gnome called Mr. Floppy the Gnome

Description from Wiki:
Hailing originally from the Cave of Caerbannog, there is more to this gnome than meets the eye. Succumb to its cuteness, stare into its childlike innocent eyes that can look into your soul...and potentially own it!    
Give them Salad 

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Garden_gnome

It looks like if you give them their specific gift they are happy and will wear a halo above their hats. But if you don't give them the correct gift they will become angry and do damage to your Sims home. 

I think you did right by selling the gnome. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 04:24:33 PM »
Thanks for that! I knew that the pink ones wanted salad, but as you can see, this one was orange. That's what confused me. Yes, he was doing significant damage. : /  In my normal family, I had so many seed packets I cried "uncle!"  LOL  ("help" for those who do not know English sayings). That's why I had asked how to change the holiday bonuses.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 03:06:54 PM »
Adding the quote below from Oshizu about editing the calendar and holiday traditions.

To edit your holiday traditions:
1. Go to your calendar and look at your holiday's top-right corner. You'll see a pencil icon (to edit holiday) and a trashcan icon (to delete it).
2. Click on the pencil/Edit icon to open a page similar to when you create your own custom holiday.
3. To remove a tradition, click on the X in its icon's upper right corner.
4. To add a replacement tradition, simply click on the desired tradition from the available  choices.

Happy simming!

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 08:22:59 PM »
I just now saw this. : /  Thanks!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 03:59:17 PM »
A few more tips about gnomes:
If you're stumped as to which one you've had pop up, you can go into BB and click it, and it will tell you its name.
If you've completed the tradition and don't want your house littered with super basic seed packets-- or if you've accidentally angered one-- you can pick them up and put them in your inventory.  And you can then sell them from there.
If you have more household members than gnomes and want everyone to complete the tradition, you can go into BB and buy more.  They will be active and ready for someone to appease them.
And if they've chosen a lousy spot to teleport to, you can click drag them anywhere while in Live mode.

anything