Author Topic: School Population  (Read 5501 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
School Population
« on: August 24, 2022, 11:00:03 AM »

I'm curious if any knows how the game populates teens for high school. In my game, my sim's now-teen friends that he made in childhood aren't students at the high school. Are the sims that go to high school randomly generated? Does it pull in sims living in houses, and if so - can they be from any household or just ones in the new world? I'd love to see some folks I actually know go to high school with my sim.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: School Population
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 04:26:56 PM »
I don't know how the game decides who to bring in for the live school day, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't generate new sims just as high school students.  It definitely brings in teens from everywhere.  I have seen Cassandra Goth, Morgan Fyres, Sophia Bjergssen, Wolfgang Munch, Duane Talla, Luna and Hugo Villareal, Yuki Behr, and probably plenty of other premades as classmates.  One of my games even featured Jacob Volkov, stuck in raging werewolf form all the time.
You definitely do get random generated classmates, but I don't think they were generated just to populate the high school.  It's more that they are in the game, and they're teens, so they show up.
You will probably start noticing that not all of your classmates are the same every day.  And if you attend the football and cheerleading events, you'll see teens there that you have never seen at school.
I don't know of any way to make teens that you would like to run into, show up at school.  There's a nice mod idea, for anyone looking for something to make!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 07:18:08 PM »

Great to know! Thank you! I'm deep in a dynasty game (Gen 6), so I only knew a couple of teens before going to school and couldn't tell.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 10:12:23 PM »
My Gen4 teens only know 3 of the other high school students.
Some family names I've never heard before (or seen on the World Map) have shown up at the end of the first week.
The game limits the max number of sims on a lot to 20,.
Would that mean 1 principal, 2 teachers, 1 janitor, and 16 students at most?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 07:53:48 AM »
In my game, it's usually been 11 students (counting my Sims), plus the principal, janitor, cafeteria worker, and two teachers.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 01:20:48 PM »
Well, since we've brought this back up:
After playing with it quite a bit more, it looks like teens are not randomly generated, just to populate the school.  There's more than enough out there, the game doesn't  need to do that.  I had a multi-generational playthrough where there was over 100 teens in the world.
It does appear to favor the premade teens who came with the pack.
And, I believe I have seen a mod now, that will make specific classmates come to school.  Probably on Mod The Sims?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2023, 05:29:06 PM »

Bumping this thread again with more questions. I have Rex's mod to choose which students go to your high school, and it's working-ish. I assigned 14 kids to the high school. There are 12 desks total in the school I'm using. 2 are occupied by my teens. About 3 are from the 14 I assigned. 4 are random townies. And 3 seats are empty.

If anyone has experience with Rex's assign student to school mod, let me know.

Is there a way to generate 3 more teens? There should be capacity for 16 students in general, but only 12 desks on the lot. I wonder why it's not generating either 16 or 12 students, but only 9.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 03:24:31 PM »
I'm not using Rex's mod but I've never seen more than 11 students total in the two classrooms.

Offline liferulers21

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2023, 05:14:36 AM »
I'm not using Rex's mod but I've never seen more than 11 students total in the two classrooms.

https://modthesims.info/d/669911/more-students-at-high-school.html
There is in-game limit of 20 sims per lot, a script in the mod increases it to 35. If you use MCCC settings to increase limit of sims on lot, just throw away my script, since I’m not sure what will override what.

Offline emilylar

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2023, 11:32:14 AM »

https://modthesims.info/d/669911/more-students-at-high-school.html
There is in-game limit of 20 sims per lot, a script in the mod increases it to 35. If you use MCCC settings to increase limit of sims on lot, just throw away my script, since I’m not sure what will override what.

Wow, the description says that you can increase the number to 40 students. Sounds crazy, gotta try  ;D

anything