Author Topic: Teen not being offered early graduation  (Read 4572 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Teen not being offered early graduation
« on: September 10, 2023, 03:39:16 AM »
Never had this happen before:  I have a teen in high school, she's earned an A, and has numerous skills maxed out.  And she can't graduate early.  The calls aren't coming, and the option on the computer is greyed out.  Normally I start getting the calls the first day a teen gets their grades up to A.
So, I used the cheat menu to give her the trait Graduated From High School Early.  This allowed her to apply to university, but... she's also still enrolled in high school.  There doesn't appear to be a trait like "High School Student" that I can remove through the cheat menu.  I'm afraid that I'll really mess things up if I have her drop out.

So... now what do I do?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Teen not being offered early graduation
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 11:07:21 AM »
That's never happened to me. Some possible solutions that occur to me:
* Try repairing your game and deleting the cache files
   (Ever since the Horse Ranch patch(es), my game has been a little weird and occasionally crashes)
* Have you updated your MCCC files?  I only saw today that Deaderpool released an update on Sep 6.
* Try talking to the Principal to see if the Graduate Early option is available
* Send your teen alone to school (A redditor posted that this worked for them in your situation)
* Make a copy of your save and see what happens there if you have your teen "Quit school" via MCCC (MC Cheats/Cheat Sim Info/Career Cheats/School/Quit School)

Hope one of these solutions work for you. Let us know what happens and what solution you find.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 02:18:44 PM »
Well, I've realized why this particular sim has this issue anyway.  She came into the game with a modded status that automatically made her drop out.  Clearing it made her automatically re-enroll and start with a D average. 
I'll try a rabbithole school day first, but I suspect because of the way she dropped out and re-enrolled she will never be offered early graduation.
I do send teens to school alone a lot to allow them to go up a grade level.  I keep having it happen that they have the bar filled and the check lit up, ace their exams... and don't go up in their grades.  Unless you send them alone, take a vacation day, or a day off holiday comes around.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 04:03:14 PM »
My teens definitely do better in High School than if I go with them. I don't understand it. I was always a A grade student myself  ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 04:11:29 PM »
Well, I've realized why this particular sim has this issue anyway.  She came into the game with a modded status that automatically made her drop out.  Clearing it made her automatically re-enroll and start with a D average. 
I'll try a rabbithole school day first, but I suspect because of the way she dropped out and re-enrolled she will never be offered early graduation.
I do send teens to school alone a lot to allow them to go up a grade level.  I keep having it happen that they have the bar filled and the check lit up, ace their exams... and don't go up in their grades.  Unless you send them alone, take a vacation day, or a day off holiday comes around.

I'm glad you figured out what your teen's problem was.  You can't delete her "dropout status"?  That sucks!
Btw, GlazeyLady alerted me that Deaderpool released new MC Command Center/MC Woohoo versions today.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 03:45:44 AM »
No, because I can't find any trait or anything to delete.  But that is what is different about this sim, and all my other teens have been offered early graduation from the first day their grades go up.
It's the weekend in that game, on Monday I'll send her alone, and if nothing happens I'll save first and see what happens if I use MCCC to drop out.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 12:25:40 PM »
Ok-- sending her alone on Monday didn't do anything.  So then I went through the MCCC menus, and couldn't find any options to drop out that way.  I dropped out by using the regular High School option, and then cheated the High School Dropout trait off of her.  She has the option to apply to universities, but I want to spend a couple of weeks taking advantage of her tiny home to skill up, without the distraction of having to go to school every day, and then she can go to uni.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2023, 12:45:44 PM »
Ok-- sending her alone on Monday didn't do anything.  So then I went through the MCCC menus, and couldn't find any options to drop out that way.  I dropped out by using the regular High School option, and then cheated the High School Dropout trait off of her.  She has the option to apply to universities, but I want to spend a couple of weeks taking advantage of her tiny home to skill up, without the distraction of having to go to school every day, and then she can go to uni.

You've really gone through a lot of trouble for your teen sim.  She must be super hot!  *winks
Glad you worked everything out, though it must have been frustrating.

When I want a child/teen sim to quit an after-school activity, I use:
MC Cheats > Cheat Sim Info > Sim Career Info (or something like that) > [choose school/job/after-school acitivty]
Then MCCC gives me the options for promotion, demotion, and quitting. Odd that didn't work for your teen.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 01:05:38 PM »
Yeah I had options for promotion/demotion, but not to quit.
But how do you say no to a... ahem, face... like this?
TS4_x64 2023-09-01 23-49-37.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2023, 01:20:01 PM »
Yeah I had options for promotion/demotion, but not to quit.
But how do you say no to a... ahem, face... like this?
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Oh, she's gorgeous!  Her face is beautiful too along with her other, uh, assets