Author Topic: Custom Auditorium  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Custom Auditorium
« on: August 13, 2022, 01:42:50 PM »

I know that we can download auditoriums from the Gallery, but I'm a little confused how that works since there are four lot types. Do we have to manually download the type we want in preparation for the event (place the prom type before prom), or is there a way to put it all down at once and have it auto change in accordance with the calendar?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Custom Auditorium
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 02:44:21 PM »
I haven't tried editing the auditorium.  Does it have 4 phases, like community lots from Eco Lifestyle?
If it does- each phase has to be edited.  And the gallery hasn't been set up for it. 

So, with EL community lots, which I know DO work the way I'm thinking:  You can download the lot from the gallery, but it will only be set up for one phase.  Some creators have uploaded all 4 phases separately, so first you get the unimproved phase, switch your phase to Maker's Space and then get the Maker's Space version, then switch to Community Garden, etc.

So if the auditorium works the same way, you either:  Get the basic auditorium, then create each other phase yourself, or if the creator shared all 4 phases, get each one individually.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 03:07:10 PM »
Okay, took a look at the auditorium, and it does indeed work exactly like community lots.  I also took a look at the gallery, and so far I only see 2 replacement builds.  But both of those creators have uploaded all 4 versions.

So, for example, the build that they called Lime Stone Auditorium.  First, you get the vast, empty version for the first phase.  Then, switch the tab to Formal Dance, open the gallery again, and get Lime Stone Formal Dance. You'll just have to do this for each phase.  Or, get the empty version, and decorate it yourself for each of the other phases.

And reading your original question again-- Yes, get this all set up, and the auditorium will change for each event on its own.  Just randomly visit on a weekday, and you'll see the basic "auditorium" phase.  Attend the prom, and you will see it has changed to the Formal Dance phase.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 02:00:10 PM »

I see. Thanks so much for explaining this! <3

anything