Author Topic: On My Own  (Read 15741 times)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
Re: On My Own
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2022, 01:41:13 AM »
Chapter Thirty Nine: Understatements

"She's throwing up all the time mom!" Trey said.

I watched my son look absolutely terrified as Morgan slammed the bathroom door.

"It's normal sweetie. Trust me, I'm going through it too." I told him.

"My mom and girlfriend being pregnant at the same time is still weird to me." He said.

I laughed, "It is a little weird huh?"

We sat the kids down and told them about the baby. Eleanor was excited, but it was Trey's response to the news that I wasn't expecting. All of a sudden he burst into tears. We told Eleanor to go into her room while we talked to Trey. It was then he told us that Morgan too was pregnant, they slept together once, and she was pregnant. He told us how scared he was because he didn't know how to be a dad. So, a few days later we sat down with both him and Morgan and came up with a plan. They both seemed to be leaning towards keeping the baby but Morgan's parents were not as supportive as we were. They said that they had their hands full with her siblings and they could not have another baby to take care of. So, that following weekend we moved Morgan in.

"Uggh." Morgan groaned coming out of the bathroom.

"Hi sweetie." I said.

"This blows." She said.

"I know." I told her.

"Oh no.." She gasped.

She turned right back around into the bathroom and slammed the door.

"Morning sickness and one of the greatest understatements." I sighed.

Shayne's POV

"Hey princess, what are you too?" I asked.

Eleanor was sitting on the couch watching a kids show on the television.

"Hi dad." She said.

I sat down next to her, sensing something was on her mind.

"How was school?" I asked.

"Fine." She muttered.

"Anything you want to talk about?" I asked her.

"No." She said.

I let a few moments of silence pass.

"You know, you can tell me anything." I said.

"You won't get mad?" She asked.

"Of course not." I told her.

She thought about this for a moment.

"There's going to be two babies in the house now, right?" She asked.

"Correct, are you worried about that?" I asked.

"Things are going to change." She stated.

"Yes, they will. But your mom and I, even Trey and Morgan, are going to promise to try to keep everything as normal as possible." I told her.

"Do you think they'll like me? The babies?" She asked.

"Of course! You are going to be the best big sister and aunt anyone could have!" I said.

"Thanks dad." She said.

"I love you, and no matter how many people are in this house, that will never change." I reminded her.

"I love you too." She smiled.

I pulled her into my arms and hugged her tightly.

A Few Months Later

Julie's POV

Second trimester was here!

"I'm worried." I said.

"About what?" Shayne asked.

"I'm so much bigger than Morgan, what if it's twins?" I asked.

"Or triplets!" Trey said.

I threw a apple at him.

"Ow!" He hissed.

"You deserve it!" I laughed.

"If it happens to be twins then we can handle it." Shayne told me.

Morgan and I were now showing, and I felt twice as big as her. The thought of having multiple babies at once scared the crap out of me. I felt selfish for that thought, but I hoped for one baby. There were times I struggled to juggle everything and I didn't want to start letting things slip.

"Okay! I got the camera!" Trey announced.

Morgan was first, she looked absolutely stunning in her white dress. She tied her hair back in a loose braid and she had these cute heels with a bow on the side.

"Okay momma! Your turn!" Eleanor cheered.

I smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"Stand over there." Trey said.

I stood by the dining room table. This time I chose a pink dress with white dots on it. I tied my hair back in a bun and had flats for shoes.

"Those turned out great!" Morgan said.

"They really did." I agreed.

"Now, where are we going to put the cribs?" Shayne asked.

I groaned.

Balance: $187,257

Over 2k views!!! WOW! Thank you so much <3
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2022, 01:13:00 AM »
Chapter Forty: Waiting Game

"This is so weird." Trey said.

"Just take the picture!" I giggled.

"I can't get over it." He laughed.

"We promise next time not to get pregnant at the same time." Morgan laughed.

"Thanks." Trey laughed.

"Now let's do just your mother." Shayne said.

"When exactly did we decide to do photoshoots?" I groaned.

"You look cute mom." Trey said.

"I feel like a whale." I said.

"Nonsense." Shayne agreed.

We were coming to the end of our pregnancies. We've hired contractors for next week to come help with the remodel of the house. We are moving the computer area and making a hallway. We plan on having a nursery on one side and the new office on the other side. Then keeping the end of the hallway open for further expansion if necessary. I wanted to stay in this house for as long as possible. The backyard was probably my favorite part of this house. I had room for my farm and then there was Carla and the chickens. Obviously I couldn't control what the kids did after we were gone, but for right now I was in my happy place.

"Dad! Get in there!" Trey said.

Shayne came over to me and followed Trey's directions. He got on his knee and placed his hands on my stomach giving it a soft kiss.

"Alright, dad can you take some of Morgan and I?" Trey asked.

"Of course." He said.

Just as they swapped the camera job, my phone went off.

Hi. -Janine

Omg! Hi! How are you?

Not so good -J

What's going on?

I watched my phone screen waiting for those three dots to appear.

"Babe? Everything okay?" Shayne asked.

I looked up from my phone to see Morgan and Trey posing.

"Yeah, that looks great guys!" I said.

I smiled as I waited for Shayne to look away. When he did I allowed the worry to come back, I looked back down and saw that she still hasn't replied.

Janine?

Yeah sorry, the doctor was just in -J

The doctor!? Are you in the hospital?!

Crap, I have to go! I'm sorry! I'll explain it all soon! XO -J

What just happened?!

"I love that!" Shayne said.

I looked up and watched them pose for some more pictures.

"What was that about?" Shayne asked later on.

We were getting ready for bed.

"What was what?" I asked.

"You stepped away and seemed concerned about whatever was happening on your phone." He said.

I shouldn't be surprised that he knew me and caught on with things even when I tried hiding it.

"I think something is going on with Janine. She is in the hospital." I told him.

"What?! Why?" He asked, stopping what he was doing.

"I don't know! She wouldn't tell me over text. She just said that she would tell me about it later." I said.

He thought for a moment as we finished getting ready. We climbed into bed and sat there side by side for a minute or two in silence.

"Well, it does sound like something is going on. However, she is in the hospital so she is safe. I'm sure when everything calms down she will get a hold of you." He told me.

I sighed, "You're right."

"Let's go to bed." He said, giving me a kiss on the head.

"Mom! MOM!" Eleanor screamed.

"What?! What?" I gasped.

I felt my heart drop into my stomach.

"Come look!" She said, tugging on my hand.

I got up off the couch, not without a struggle, and followed her outside. She led me off the back porch and over to where Carla stood.

"I've been practicing!" She said.

"Let me see!" I said.

"Okay Carla, are you ready?" She asked.

I watched as she scooped some food into her hand.

"Easy girl." She said calmly.

I watched as she slowly brought her hand up to Carla's mouth. I held my breath for a moment as I watched the two interact. It was probably a parent thing, because I knew Carla wouldn't hurt her intentionally, but it still worried me.

"Look mom!" Eleanor said when Carla took the food.

"That's amazing sweetie!" I said.

Eleanor did a little happy dance as Carla finished eating.

"I wanna be like you mama." She told me, as we walked into the house.

"You do?" I asked.

"Yeah! I'll have this big farm with lots of animals!" She explained.

I smiled, "If that's what you want baby girl, you can be anything you want to be."

She smiled up at me and I kissed her forehead.

I'm getting excited to see what the babies are! I've wanted to peek so badly, but I have held off! No balance update this time, I am afraid of opening the game up because of the new update! I will take care of all that tomorrow! Halfway through the week tomorrow!
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2022, 12:42:50 AM »
Chapter Forty One: Welcome to the World

"I think I'm having contractions." I groaned.

"What?!" Shayne gasped.

I hissed in pain as I sat on the bed.

"Breathe." Shayne said.

He walked over to me and knelt down so that he was in front of me. I took deep breaths and focused on him as I waited for the contraction to end. I went over in my head and wondered if we were ready.

"The nursery." I gasped as soon as the contraction ended.

"Is all ready, Treyvon and I made sure that the cribs were set up, and the lights were hung that you and Morgan wanted." He told me.

We had planned the nursery weeks ago. We picked a light brown color with a light wood for the floor. We didn't know the genders so we wanted to keep it neutral. Morgan found this cute leaf rug that fit perfectly in the room. There was a shelf for all of the baby essentials along with a changing table. In between the cribs there was a chair so that we could sit down with the babies.

"Oh god." I cried.

"Another one?" He asked.

"Yeah!" I gasped.

He got up on the bed and sat next to me, he rubbed my back as I breathed through the pain. I gasped suddenly as I felt a pool of water spread between my legs.

"Well, I guess it's baby time." Shayne said.

I gave out a nervous laugh.

"MOM! DAD!"

Trey ran in the room and we looked up at him.

"Morgan's water just broke!" He gasped.

"You're kidding me, right?" Shayne asked.

"No! Why?!" He asked.

"Your mother just went into labor too." Shayne told him.

Trey busted out laughing, "Man this is crazy."

Do you remember that one movie, where the father was becoming a father again at an old age and his daughter was also having a baby at the same time? And the son and law and father were rushing back and forth between rooms? The birth of the babies was exactly like that from what I can recall. Of course it got harder and harder to pay attention as the pain increased. But, at the end of it all we all survived. We were finally home though and I could not wait to get into my own bed. Overall the births went smoothly for Morgan and I. Morgan I guess had a little scare at one point when the babies heart rate dropped, but it went back up on it's own. Shayne and I welcomed a baby girl into the world. After careful deliberation we settled on the name Raelyn. It was moments later that we found out that Morgan and Trey also welcomed a baby girl and named her Lily.

"Well dad," Trey said as we all walked into the nursery, "I guess we're surrounded by girls."

Shayne laughed, "Time for baby number three?"

"Hey, cool your horses. I need a nap first." I groaned.

"I can't wait to sleep." Morgan yawned.

"How about you girls go sleep? Us boys can handle this." Shayne said, sticking out his chest.

I rolled my eyes.

"Is she still fussy?" I asked, shuffling into the nursery.

"Yeah, I got it though. Go back to sleep." He said.

"You're half asleep yourself." I told him.

I walked over to him and placed a hand on his back.

"At least Lily sleeps through it all." Shayne said.

"Irony is a great thing sometimes, the new parents get the sleepy baby." I yawned.

Raelyn started crying again and Shayne bounced her a little harder.

"Here, let me try again." I said.

We did the transfer and Shayne stretched.

"I'm going to go make Coffee, I work in three hours." He said.

"I'm sorry sweetie." I said.

"No worries babe." He said, kissing the side of my head.

Later that day I walked into the nursery to check on the babies. Morgan was taking a nap, and both boys had to go to work. I saw Eleanor sitting in the chair and smiled at her.

"Hi mama!" She said.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked.

"Just sitting with them, making sure they're okay." She said.

I smiled.

"You know, your brother was like that with you." I told her.

"He was?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, he was very attentive." I said.

"That's sweet." She mentioned.

"Is your homework done?" I asked.

"Yeah! I even did some extra credit too!" She said.

"Good girl." I said.

"Can I go play on the computer?" She asked.

"Sure, but not too long, okay?" I said.

"Got it!" She said.

She rushed into the new office. We upgraded to two computers since there were several of us in the house now that required computers. It was a comfy room to be in. We put a nice fluffy rug in the middle of the room and a sofa on the spare wall. I found this awesome three piece painting at a thrift shop and it fit perfectly. In between the computers we put a divider to fill space, and a mini tree in a pot.

"Alright sister, what is the matter?" Trey asked.

"I'm thinking of bringing her to the doctor, Eleanor wasn't this fussy." I told him.

"Nah, there's nothing wrong with you." He told Raelyn as he picked her up.

"Why do I have a feeling that she won't stay this little for much longer?" Morgan asked.

I smiled and walked over to Morgan who was holding Lily.

"Enjoy it, because they grow up too fast." I told her.

She groaned looking down at her baby.

"We may have only gotten Trey when he was a teenager, but I swear I blinked and he was a young adult." I said.

"Moooom." Trey groaned.

"Sorry kid, it's the truth." I said, smiling.

I felt a familiar pang of sadness thinking of how I missed his early ears as a baby and a child. What would our lives be like now? But, if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. I tickled Lily's chin and she giggled, Morgan looked completely in love with her daughter.

"Are you sure you don't want a party?" Shayne asked, later that night.

"No. I am so tired baby. I promise, cake and a movie is perfect." I told him.

It was my birthday today, and I just wanted a chill night.

"I don't even know if I'll make it through a movie." Trey said laughing.

"That's right, you're an old man now." I said, poking fun at him.

"Ha ha." He shot back.

"I'll get the cake going, go pick out your movie." Shayne said.

"I love you, thank you." I said, kissing his cheek.

"I love you too." He said.

So there I was, a mother of three, and a grandmother already, celebrating my birthday with the people I loved the most. Life was good.

Balance: $219,543

Babies are here and Julie is now an adult! I feel like the ages are all messed up, but nothing I can really do about that! Hope you enjoyed!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2022, 02:49:58 AM »
Chapter Forty Two: Questions and Answers

"Where is everyone?" I asked, walking over to Shayne.

Shayne was in the office working on some work from home.

"I'm not sure where everyone is, but I know Trey is working on being more charismatic." Shayne told me.

I laughed, "Like he struggles with that."

"That's what I told him." He said.

"Did we get the presents set up?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're waiting for the cakes to be done right? I wanted to get some work done." He questioned.

"Yep! We have about an hour left." I said.

"Awesome." He said.

I kissed his cheek before heading back into the kitchen. Today was Raelyn and Lily's birthdays which was hard to believe. Eleanor walked into the kitchen and sat on a stool at the island while I got things ready for the cakes. She swung her legs back and forth as she quietly watched what I did.

"How are you sweetie?" I asked.

"I'm good. Am I going to have to share my room?" She asked.

"Well, I think the plan is to have the girls share a room until we either expand the house, or if Trey and Morgan move out." I said.

"Oh." She said, sadly.

"But, I don't think they have any plans to do so. They are welcome to stay as long as they want." I told her.

"That's good, I'd miss them." She said.

"I would too." I agreed.

The cake was eaten, and it wasn't a clean experience to say the least. We finished giving the toddlers a bath, and went outside to snap a few pictures.

"Look at the camera!" Shayne said.

"Good job Rae!" Trey said.

"Hey! Trey and Rae rhyme!" Eleanor giggled.

"They do!" I laughed.

Raelyn ended up getting Shayne's hair, but both of our eyes. We had similar colored eyes so it was hard to say which one of us she got her eyes from. One thing we could tell instantly though was Raelyn and Eleanor were going to be inseparable. Raelyn instantly attached herself to Eleanor and it was the sweetest thing. I giggled as I watched Eleanor "let" Raelyn pull her to the ground. They rolled around on the grass until somehow Raelyn managed to get on Eleanor's back.

"Oh that's a perfect shot!" I said.

"Okay, a few more for the album!" Shayne said.

"Then it's our turn!" Trey said.

Trey and Morgan were walking out with Lily.

"Smile!" I said.

Shayne held up the camera and took a few more pictures of the girls.

Trey's POV

Mom warned me that when you have a kid, time flies by, but I guess I didn't expect it to go this fast. It felt as if Morgan just had Lily and now we were celebrating her birthday. Was I going to wake up tomorrow and have her be a teenager already? I shuttered at the thought. I was not ready for her to bring home a boy or a girl, whom ever she loves was fine by me. As long as she was thirty before dating them. Morgan and I walked out into the yard and waited for dad to finish with their pictures. Lily had a lighter skin tone than I did, but her mothers bright red hair. She did appear to have my eye color though, but boy did she inherit her mothers attitude. She was only a toddler and was already a fireball.

"Okay son, are you ready?" Dad asked.

"Yeah!" I said.

I picked up Lily and rested her on my hip and wrapped an arm in front of Morgan.

"Say cheese!" Dad said.

"Ees!" Lily mimicked.

"So serious Trey." Eleanor said, putting her hand on her hips.

"Listen little one, I can still sit on you." I said.

"No sitting on your sister." Mom laughed.

"Okay, I think that's good. Thanks dad." Morgan said.

"Anytime." Dad said.

I had Lily on my shoulders as I pulled Morgan into an embrace.

"I love you." She cooed.

"I love you more." I said.

She smiled up at me.

"I'm so lucky to have you, and thank you for our daughter." I told her.

"I couldn't be happier." She said.

"Marry me." I said, out of no where.

Hey guys!! I promise I have not forgotten about this story! I recently started playing Dinkum and I am OBSESSED. If you haven't heard of it, I would describe it as a little like Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley. It's so addicting. But I promise to make time for Sims as well! I was also kind of waiting out for the patch where they fixed the aging issue. I've already had a few behind the scene issues with the save. I wasn't about to add anymore to the list if I didn't have too!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2022, 12:25:46 AM »
Chapter Forty Three: Pride

Trevor's POV

"What are you doing my little basket ball star?" I asked, walking into the nursery.

Mom, who was on the floor with Raelyn, laughed.

"She has been practicing a lot." She told me.

"Who knows, maybe she will be the next best basketball player." I said.

"Ball!" Lily said.

"That's right, that's a ball." Mom said, smiling over at her.

Lily waddled to the ball, picked it up, and shot it at the hoop.

"You got her for a minute? I wanted to see what Morgan is up to." I asked.

"Yeah! Go a head!" Mom agreed.

"Thanks mom." I said.

I walked over and kissed her on the cheek before heading outside. Morgan was on the patio standing in front of the easel she bought last week. I walked up behind her and gave her a tight hug. She giggled and playfully batted me away. She was doing so well in her career as a fashion critic, at least I think that's what she does. She's told me multiple times but I can never remember her title. Something with fashion though, and this week she was working on getting better at painting so that maybe she could do her own designs.

"Is that our backyard?" I asked.

"No, it's the neighbors." She replied sarcastically.

I gave her a playful glare.

"Hey, you asked an obvious question." She shrugged.

"I looks amazing." I said.

"Thank you, what are you up too?" She asked.

"Nothing, got a bit of work done on this case of mine." I told her.

"The one where the mom abandoned her kids?" She asked.

I sighed, "That's the one."

"I know this hits home sweetie. But you're doing all you can for them." She told me.

"Thanks, I'm trying." I told her.

"Here, let me take a break." She said.

She laid her brush and paints down, and grabbed my hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Not very far." She said.

She led me down the steps, passed Carla who was eating grass, and over to the shed.

"We're going to clean the shed?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, we aren't cleaning it." She said, winking at me.

It took a moment for me to catch on.

"What?! In the shed?!" I gasped.

"Yeah! It'll be fun!" She said.

I looked back at the house.

"Your mom is watching the kids, no one is around." She said, as if sensing my next argument.

She tugged my hand hard enough to pull me in.

(Ignore the small derp of different clothes)

"That was a fun way to celebrate me saying yes, but never again." She said, once we exited the shed.

We haven't told the family yet, but Morgan had accepted my proposal. It took everything in me not to shout it to the world. I guess we just wanted it to be our little secret for a little bit. The house was always in motion, and it felt nice to have something just our own for a bit.

Julie's POV

"Alright girls, that's adorable." I said.

The were hugging as I walked over to the office.

I walked into the office, leaving the door open so that we could keep an eye on the girls.

"How is work coming along?" I asked.

"Good, got some to do yourself?" Shayne asked.

"Yeah, some more budge requests to go through. I swear there are twenty new ones every day." I laughed.

Shayne was at the very top of his career. He could technically retire if he wanted too, but he claimed that he would go stir crazy so he kept working. I sat at the computer and pulled up my email, and sure enough, there were a bunch of requests from my teachers.

"Have you heard anything else from Janine?" Shayne asked.

"No, I'm getting worried." I told him.

"I'm sure everything is fine." He said.

I smiled over at him.

"I love you." I said, softly.

"I love you too baby." He said.

I was lucky to have him. Often I found myself remembering just how far we've come. Me, homeless, and him not really grasping what that meant. He often told me it was the eye opener her needed because he was snobby. Then Treyvon came into our lives, and I am so proud of him and his family. Eleanor was a sweet and caring kid, who was just around the corner from becoming a teenager. I could not have asked for a better girlfriend to Trey then Morgan has been, and let's not forget the beautiful grand daughter she blessed us with. Lily was a character already, and I could tell that she was going to be a sassy little thing when she grew up. Then, there was Raelyn, our little surprise baby. She was a quiet toddler, often just standing there taking in her surroundings. Shayne assured me that he was the same way as a kid and there was nothing wrong with her.

"I see it's bath time!" I said.

Work was finally finished and I needed to get dinner going.

"Gamma!" Lily said from the bath.

"Hey sweet baby." I said, waving.

"Hey! Splash monster, the water stays in the tub!" Trey gasped as water sprayed everywhere.

I giggled and walked towards the kitchen.

"Hi mom." Eleanor said.

"Hey sweetie, how is the homework going?" I asked.

"Fine, I'm writing a report on bees." She said.

"Hit me, what's the new fact this time?" I asked, getting the things out for burgers.

"Did you know that bees also have short term memory loss?" She asked.

"I did not! So are you telling me instead of saying we have a memory of a goldfish, we should really be saying we have a memory of a bee?" I thought aloud.

She bit the tip of her pencil as she thought about it.

"I suppose we could!" She giggled.

I smiled as she went back to her report.

"And what is this?" I asked.

Shayne walked out holding Lily.

"It's not even dinner time and you two are already in your pajamas!" I laughed.

"Hey! You're just jealous, isn't she Lily?" He asked.

"Yep!" She said, as if she knew what jealous meant.

I shook my head.

"I suppose since both of you are cute it's allowed." I sighed.

Pajama time didn't last long however because after dinner we all decided to go outside for some fun. It was still light out and it was rare that all of us were home at the same time.

"Swim!" Lily said, pointing to the pool.

"Sorry baby, you had a bath already." Trey said.

"SWIM!" She screamed, jumping up and down.

"Oh, I'll give her another bath." Shayne said, scooping her up to get her changed.

"She isn't spoiled or anything." Morgan laughed.

They came back a few moments later with Lily in her bathing suit and arm floaties, even though the pool wasn't filled very full, but you can never be too safe.

Moooooo!

I giggled as I continued to brush Carla.

"Cow go moo!" Raelyn said.

"How did you get so smart?" I asked.

She just shrugged.

Lily was out of the pool now, running full speed around the yard.

"At least she won't need a towel." I said.

"Fine by me." Trey said.

"I just wish I had their energy." Morgan said.

"Amen to that." I said.

Shayne bent down and hugged Raelyn. I smiled at their silent moment feeling a surge of pride in my chest.

I finished up with Carla and walked into the house to put the milk away. I heard the glass down slide open and the shut a few more minutes before feeling arms around me.

"Hey beautiful." Shayne said.

"Hello to you too." I said.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I feel like we can never be alone anymore." He said, a little sadness in his voice.

"How about we go on a date next week?" I suggested.

"I would love that, we can get Morgan and Trey to watch the kids." He said.

I smiled, "It's a date then."

"We do need to plan something for Eleanor's birthday though, it's just around the corner." I told him.

"Can we not talk about that? I refuse to believe she is already going to be a teenager. I need to find a lock for the outside of her door." He joked.

"You are not!" I laughed.

He groaned.

Balance: $315,683

Hiii! I am so sorry that updates are so slow now! I barely get enough me time, and when I do I am exhausted! But I swear I am still trying! I hope you enjoyed this long chapter and hopefully it makes up for the wait a little bit!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2022, 04:39:39 PM »
Chapter Forty Four: A Birthday and a Wedding, with a twist?

If you asked me if I was ready to have a teenager daughter, I would tell you no.

"Say cheese!" I said.

"Cheese!" Eleanor grinned.

I snapped the picture.

"Wow, you are so beautiful." Shayne said.

"Daaad." She groaned.

"It's true! Tell her Trey." He said.

Trey rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm going to need you to go in your room and never leave."

"Oh my god stop!" She groaned again.

"I'm just saying, any boys or girls give you trouble, they answer to me." Trey told her.

She rolled her eyes.

"Sis!" Raelyn said.

"Hi cutie." Eleanor said.

Everyone began talking and laughing and I watched on the sidelines feeling a sinking feeling come over me. Have you ever watched something happen in front of you and feel like it's happening in slow motion? That's what was happening to me right now. Raelyn was bouncing excitingly not knowing what was happening. Trey was giving Eleanor a hard time, and Shayne was telling Trey to leave her alone. I smiled before heading into the kitchen without telling anyone. I walked over to the island in the kitchen and rested my hands down on the cool countertop.

"Babe?" Shayne asked.

I quickly wiped the tears that escaped.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah! I'm great! Um, I was just about to start dinner." I said.

I tried to get around the counter without having to turn to face Shayne. He would know almost immediately something was wrong, but turns out he didn't need to see me from the front to know that.

"I know that's not true, what's going on?" He asked.

He walked over to me and grabbed my hands.

"We're going to be gone soon." I said, a sob escaping.

He looked at me gently and gave my hands a squeeze.

"That is true, our birthdays are coming up. But, we still have a lot of time!" He told me.

"I know, but I'm not ready to leave them." I said.

"I'm not either." He whispered.

"The girls are going to be children soon, and Trey and Morgan are just starting their lives. I feel like we're going to miss so much." I said, letting the tears fall.

"And we will, but I like to think we'll be able to look down on them from where ever we are going." He said.

I nodded slowly.

"I've got them."

The voice made me jump as I turned to see Trey standing there with his hands in his pockets. He must have over heard some of the conversation to be able to know what we're talking about.

"I've got them." He repeated.

"Trey.." I started.

"You've guys have done so much for me, more than I can thank you for. So just know, when the day comes and you leave, I've got this family." He said.

I covered my mouth with my hand and cried into it. Trey walked over and pulled me into his strong arms, I felt Shayne put one hand on my back and another on Trey's shoulder.

"You make us proud son." He said.

"I try." He said, his voice shaking.

"We're not leaving any time soon. But it helps, knowing you'll be here." I said.

I finally broke from him and put both hands on his face.

"My sweet baby boy." I said.

"Aww come on, now you are suppose to be mushy with Eleanor today." He groaned.

Trey's POV

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

I walked out on the patio.

"I'm taking some pictures for my portfolio!" Morgan told me.

"Of my sister? Can boys see it?" I asked.

"TREY!" Eleanor hissed.

Morgan shook her head smiling.

"You do look pretty." I told her.

"Thank you." She said.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek before heading over to take care of Carla. Ever since the conversation with mom and dad I couldn't shake the feeling of the impending responsibility of keeping us together. I gave Carla some ear scratches before starting the milking process. A lot of the chickens were gone now, they died of old ages, and honestly I wasn't sure if we were going to get more. I didn't know if I wanted to keep up with everything in the yard when mom went. I enjoyed helping her with it all, but it could be a lot.

"Hey babe?!" Morgan called.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Can I talk to you when you get a chance?" She asked.

I finished up with Carla and followed Morgan into the house, and into our room before shutting the door. She patted the bed signaling me to sit down next to her so I did.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I have some news." She said.

"About what?" I questioned.

"Well, I have been feeling kind of sick lately. So I took a pregnancy test." She told me.

My eyes widened.

"I'm pregnant." She said.

I saw her bite her lip, waiting for my response.

"You are?!" I gasped.

She nodded.

"That's great!" I said.

"Oh good, I was worried." She said, taking a breath of relief.

"Yes! Maybe it'll be a boy this time." I said.

"What? You don't like being surrounded by girls?" She joked.

"No, no I do not." I laughed.

She laughed, throwing her head back.

"Let's get married." I said.

She stopped laughing.

"Now?!" She gasped.

"Yeah! It's the perfect time!" I told her.

"Is this because of the conversation you had with mom and dad?" She asked.

I thought about it for a moment. I guess it did have a part of it, but I could not wait to be her husband.

"I love you, and I cannot wait to be your husband. I'm extremely grateful to you for giving me Lily and now another baby." I said.

I saw her tear up before nodding.

"Is that a yes?" I asked.

"Yes!" She giggled.

Julie's POV

When Trey and Morgan announced they were getting married next week we thought it was a joke. Of course we knew they would get married at one point, but it was so sudden. Then Shayne made the typical "What did you knock her up?" joke, and they didn't deny it. I screamed and jumped to my feet and hugged them both. My baby was getting married and having his second baby. Morgan and I rushed to the dress shop and we picked out a simple dress. She wasn't a flashy over-do it kind of girl so the short white dress with long sleeves fit her perfectly. I bought her a simple pearl necklace to go with it. She picked out flat ribbon lace shoes, and then she was ready.

"It stopped raining!" Morgan gasped.

"Oh my god, it was like mother nature knew!" I said.

I was holding an umbrella over Morgan's head. Eleanor was in front of us as we waited for the boys to be ready.

"Are you ready?" Eleanor asked.

"More then ready, but if they don't hurry up my bladder is going to burst. That or I'm going to barf in a bush." She groaned.

"I'm sure everything is almost done." I assured.

It was only a few more moments when Shayne came and got us. He walked Morgan down the isle while Eleanor and I took our seats. Trey looked so handsome at the alter with his hands clasped in front of him. I could tell that he was nervous because he kept bouncing on his heels, I gave him a reassuring smile as Morgan was handed over to him.

"Hi." Trey said.

"Hey." Morgan said, laughing a little.

"You look gorgeous." He told her.

"And you look handsome." She said.

The ceremony was short. They exchanged their vows, and sealed it with a kiss. Unfortunately Morgan took a turn for the worst after that, and needed to go lay down. It seemed like she was going to have a rough time with morning sickness again this pregnancy.

"Mama sick." Lily said.

We all walked back into the house, the girls were asleep but apparently Lily wanted to be awake.

"Yeah, but she'll be okay bug." Eleanor said.

She lifted Lily into her arms.

"You have a birthday coming up!" She told Lily.

"ME!" She announced.

"How about a relaxing movie night?" I asked.

"That would be great dear." Shayne said.

"I'll make the popcorn." Trey said.

Balance: $356,969

When I tell you that I wanted to take this save and yeet it out the window today... Literally everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Shayne and Julie's ages are all jacked up, so I have to fix those. I was trying to get the weather to stop with mccc so that they wouldn't complain about the rain while getting married. But they kept going to work because of the time jump. Then I forgot the girls' birthday was within days, and that by time jumping I sped that up. Then the rest of the chickens died AND Carla ran away so to say I am NEVER touching the time jump cheat again is an understatement. Whew. So bare with me while I try to catch everything up! I hope you enjoyed! 
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2022, 02:40:30 AM »
Chapter Forty Five: The Beginning of the End

"Birthday girls coming through!" I announced.

"Look at you guys!" Morgan cheered.

"Are you guys ready for some cake?" I asked.

Of course they both agreed.

"Alright! Go wash your hands and I will start slicing. Trey can you get the ice cream out?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am." He said.

"You haven't called me ma'am in a while." I joked.

"It feels like another lifetime." He agreed.

I smiled as he set the ice cream down.

Cake and ice cream were finished and the girls were off doing their own things. Raelyn wanted to decorate her side of the room right away, but Lily was content to watch TV for a bit.

"Hey babe?" Shayne called.

"What is it?" I asked from the bathroom.

"I think you should come here!" He said.

My heart sunk.

"What?! What is i-"

I stopped in my tracks.

"Oh my god!" I shouted.

I ran over to the person standing in our living room.

"Janine! What are you doing here?!" I gasped.

"Hello Julie, how I've missed you." She said.

I pulled back and took her in.

"You look wonderful!" I told her.

"Same to you! This house is full!" She said.

I giggled, "A lot has happened."

I saw a flash of regret on her face before she recovered with a smile. I took her hand and gave her a house tour, introducing her to each family member on the way. We ended up right back into the entryway. I was dying to ask her where she has been and what happened that led to her being in the hospital. But I didn't want to just spring on her and make her uncomfortable. I didn't even know how long she was here or where she was staying.

"God Jules! This house! It's absolutely beautiful, and your family is just wonderful." She said.

"Thank you." I said, smiling.

I felt the energy in the room shift, and she took a deep breath.

"So, I feel like I have some explaining to do." She said.

"Only if you want too." I assured.

"I do. I owe it to you." She said.

She started out with the obvious sudden move to another state with her boyfriend Michael. She described the area and what the house looked like. She was super happy, and so was Michael. His family was welcoming and they even made a few mutual friends. I would be lying if I wasn't a bit jealous of her new friends. But I shook that feeling away and focused on what she was telling me. She told me of all the restaurants in town and how down the block they had these amazing tacos on Tuesdays. It all sounded very lovely, until she stopped telling the good things. I waited for a break in the story to ask the burning question.

"Janine, why were you in the hospital?" I asked.

I saw her hesitate.

"He wasn't very nice to me." She said. (Keeping it PG, but I think most of you will pick up what I'm putting down as they say)

I felt my blood boil, "He put you in the hospital?"

"Excuse me?" Shayne gasped, standing up and coming over to us.

"I was in there for almost two weeks recovering." She said.

"I want his number." Shayne said.

"Please, I don't want anymore trouble with him." Janine begged.

I felt Shayne tense up in anger, but he dropped it.

"So, when did.. this all happen?" I asked.

She looked ashamed now.

"It was going on before the move." She admitted.

I tried to keep a straight face and not let my eyes bulge out of my sockets. But she realized the look right away and quickly went into defend herself. She told me how she told herself all the cliché sayings about how he might change, or he was just having a rough patch. Things stopped for a while, and they were really good. He took her on dates every Friday night and they were even talking about having children. But then one night he came home already angry, and the next thing she knew she was waking up in a hospital bed. She filed a police report, and got a restraining order. His brother, who visited often, relayed the message to Michael that he was not to come near her and things were over.

"Oh Janine." I said, sadly.

"It was a really hard time, and I wanted to tell you guys. But, I was just ashamed, you know?" She said.

I pulled her in a hug.

Somehow we ended up at the dining room table. We filled her in on everything she had missed which was a lot. I think when she left we had just taken in Trey and things were very new with him. She couldn't believe how much he had grown, he was busy with work so he could only pop in and out on breaks.

"He's been working on a big case with abandoned children, trying to get them into a stable environment." Shayne told her.

"He's the perfect one to do it, it sounds like." She said.

"He didn't have the best upbringing that's for sure." I said.

"Yeah, but you guys took him in and raised him! I say he turned out way better than he would have if he'd grown up on the streets." She said.

I shivered at the thought. Who would he be if that had been the outcome?

"We aren't disrupting you, are we dear?" Janine asked Eleanor.

"Not at all! I'm enjoying the stories!" She told Janine.

"Do you know who you were named after?" Janine asked.

"Yeah! An old friend of moms, right?" She asked.

"That's right. Your mother didn't have a great start of things, and Eleanor was like a mother to her." Janine said.

I smiled sadly, I still to this day missed her.

"She sounded lovely." Eleanor said.

"So Janine, what do you do now? Are you here for a while?" Shayne asked.

"Actually, I'm just passing through." She said.

"Oh?" I said, sadly.

"Yeah, I'm going to move back to my hometown to be by my mom. I'm starting my own business. I want to help survivors like me, and get them the same help that I had." She said proudly.

"That's amazing!" I said.

"I will send you my link!" She said.

A few more hours passed and it was already getting dark out. We were having a blast though, sharing stories of the past and the hopes of the future.

"Well, I hate to say this, but I think I should get going." Janine said.

I frowned.

"I know, but early flight and all." She said.

We all stood up.

"It was very nice to see you." Shayne said.

"Same to you guys." She said, pulling him into a hug.

"You better keep in touch!" He told her.

"I will! You will have to come visit once I am settled in." She said smliing.

"We would love that. Maybe ditch the kids with Trey and Morgan." I joked.

"Bring the whole crew!" She said.

"Are we going on a trip?!" Lily asked from the couch.

"Not today." I laughed.

She sunk back into the couch and huffed her disapproval.

"I love you guys, and I will let you know when I get there." Janine said.

"We love you too, and we are always here." I told her.

I took her by the hand and led her to the door. She gave me one final long hug, and she was out the door. My heart ached for her already, but things sounded a whole lot better for her. I was extremely proud and excited to see what she would do with this new company. She was going to help a lot of people and they were going to be lucky to have her.

"No we don't need them!" I groaned.

"Oh no! No no, you are not getting out of this." Trey laughed.

"What do you mean?!" I asked, faking ignorance.

"You never let us get out of a photo shoot. So go stand by dad." He instructed.

"Okay fine, you win." I laughed.

"You two are adorable." Morgan said.

"I suppose we are, aren't we?" I asked.

The elder years were here for Shayne and I. We celebrated our birthdays a few days after our visit with Janine. She made it home just fine and was excited to start her new future.

"That's perfect!" Morgan said.

"Are we done?" Shayne asked.

"Oh, far from it." Trey said, clearly getting his revenge.

"Another one!" Eleanor said.

"These are going to turn out great!" Trey said.

"I love you." Shayne said.

"I love you too." I said, smiling.

"We've raised beautiful children, but they're crazy." He said.

"We heard that!" Eleanor shouted.

I laughed.

"I'm scared." I whispered.

"I know, I am too, but I've got you." Shayne told me.

I nodded, feeling the tears coming.

"I've got you, until the very end." Shayne said, kissing my forehead.

"Okay lovebirds! One more!" Trey said.

It may be the beginning to the end for us, but this story wasn't over. Not yet.

Balance: $402,373

I feel like they should have been elders a while ago, but it is what it is! I hope you enjoyed yet another update today! This will be the last one though for today hahaha! I just felt like writing and just went with it! Janine came back for a proper goodbye! Hope you enjoyed!
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2022, 10:43:12 PM »
Chapter Forty Six: Useless

"Mom!" Raelyn came darting into the door.

"Hi! What's going on?!" I asked.

"I got an A on my project!" She announced.

"The one you stayed up all night working on?!" I gasped.

"Yeah!" She said.

"Good job baby!" I said.

Lily walked around us and plopped on the couch.

"Alright Miss Lily, what is on your brain?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said.

"I've heard that before." I said.

I walked over to the couch and sat down next to her.

"Am I going to have to share a room with the new baby too?" She asked.

"Well, I don't know, do you want too?" I asked.

"I like sharing a room with Raelyn, but I don't think we have room for a baby." She told me.

"I tell you what, I'll talk to your parents and we will see what we can come up with." I told her.

"Thanks grandma." She said.

"You're welcome." I said smiling.

"Now, how about you girls go play outside?" I suggested.

"Okay!" They said in unison.

They took off running, almost knocking Shayne over in the process.

"Sorry dad!" Raelyn called.

"We almost had to plan a funeral sooner." He joked.

I laughed a little.

"How is my beautiful wife doing?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Tired, but I have to get dinner going." I said.

"Let's order in today, how about that?" He asked.

"I would love that!" I said.

"Pizza is here!" Shayne said.

"I'll get the girls." I said.

I walked out into the backyard and saw them playing in the side yard.

"Girls! Dinner!" I called.

"What are we having?" Lily asked.

"Pizza!" I said.

"PIZZA!" They yelled.

They ran into the house.

"Girls, slow down, and wash those hands!" Trey said.

"Yes dad!" Lily said.

I shook my head laughing.

"I wish I could have that kind of energy." Morgan said.

Morgan was now in her third trimester.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I asked her.

"I honestly don't think I have much room for anything else in my stomach." She groaned.

Trey walked behind her, "Please eat something, just a little bit."

"I will!" She said, smiling up at him.

Trey's POV

A week later I sighed and tossed my car keys on the island.

"Rough day?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, but I have good news!" I said.

"Oh yeah?" She said.

"We got the kids placed in their aunts home." I told her.

"That is great babe! I knew you'd figure it out!" She beamed.

I sat down on a stool and silently watched mom slice up some apples. Mom and dad retired from their jobs so now they had a lot of time to help out with the girls.

"You doing okay mom?" I asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" She asked.

"No reason, just wanted to see if I could do anything." I said.

"Such a gentleman, who raised you?" She asked.

"A pack of wolves." I joked.

She faked shocked and playfully tossed an apple at me. I laughed as I caught it and tossed it into my mouth.

"Where is Morgan? Is she resting?" I asked.

"No, she was out back the last time I saw her." She told me.

"That girl doesn't know the word relax." I groaned.

I got up off the stool and walked into the backyard. Sure enough there was Morgan walking around in the backyard.

"You told me you'd relax." I said as I walked up.

She looked up, "Whoops."

"Don't give me the whoops." I said, smiling.

I walked over to her and put my forehead against hers.

"We're going to have another baby soon." She whispered.

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

"A little, mom was saying that Lily doesn't want to share a room with the baby." She told me.

"Well, the baby can stay with us for a little. Maybe we can add on to the house." I said.

"It's just a lot of work." She said.

"We'll get it done." I reassured her.

"Just a few more weeks." She said.

"I can't wait." I told her.

"You just want a boy." She teased.

"Can you blame me?" I laughed.

"Now, let's get some pictures!" I said.

She posed as I snapped a few pictures on my phone.

"You look beautiful." I told her.

"Thanks baby." She said.

I looked at my watch.

"The girls should be getting off soon." I mentioned.

"Yeah mom was making their snack." Morgan said.

"I know, she threw one at me." I laughed.

"Sounds about right." She said.

"How about you go relax, please. Just a little, get off those feet." I suggested.

"That does sound wonderful! Can you make me som- oh!" She gasped, mid sentance.

I stopped walking towards the house.

"What?" I asked.

"My water just broke." She gasped.

"She still has a few more weeks mom!" I said, panicking.

"I know, it can happen." Mom assured.

I ran my fingers through my hair. Morgan was on the couch trying to relax as much as she could between the contractions. The hospital told us to wait a little longer until the contractions were closer together. I was going out of my mind though, I didn't understand why we couldn't just go now.

"Breathe." Mom said, coaching Morgan through another contraction.

"This is hard, I know it is, but everything is fine." Dad assured me.

I nodded, wanting to believe him.

"It's early." I said again.

"I know." Dad said squeezing my shoulder.

"Something is wrong." Morgan said all of a sudden.

"I know it hurts." Mom said.

"No, something is wrong. This feels wrong." She said, crying now.

"We're going." I said.

"The room is almost ready sir." The receptionist said.

"That isn't good enough! My wife needs a room now!" I hissed.

"I understand your concer-"

I growled and walked away from the desk. I knew he was just doing his job, and I would apologize to him later, but I didn't handle Morgan being in pain well. I walked over to Morgan, who was now in a hospital gown, and going through another contraction.

"Something is wrong Trey." She groaned.

"I know, I know. They're hurrying." I said, kissing her head.

The doctor finally came out and got us into a room. I watched as they strapped her to all these wires and machines feeling completely helpless.

"It's early." I said.

"It's only a few weeks early, this happens. More often then most parents think." Dr. Davidson said.

"I feel like something is wrong." Morgan said.

"Well, looking here it does seem like your blood pressure is up a little bit." He said.

He listed off a bunch of symptoms that can come with a raised blood pressure, and Morgan nodded to most of them.

"It doesn't seem to be alarming yet, but I'm glad you guys came in." He said, smiling.

"Thank you Dr. Davidson." Morgan said.

A few hours later it was time to have the baby. It went faster then it did with Lily, and the high blood pressure didn't seem to cause any issues. At the end, we welcomed a baby girl into the world.

"Hi baby." Morgan cooed.

"Can we exchange?" I joked.

Dr. Davidson laughed.

"She's so beautiful." I said.

"Destined to have girls." Morgan said.

I laughed.

"Welcome to the world Hannah." Morgan said.

"Hannah Banana." I said.

"You're not calling her that." She said, laughing.

"We'll see." I joked.

We were settled back home now.

"Here, let me take her so you can take your coat off." I offered.

"No, I don't want to let her go yet." She said.

"Alright, take your time." I said.

She looked down at Hannah.

"My sweet girl." She whispered.

I smiled feeling my heart swell.

Balance: $422,425

Another girl! Poor Trey haha!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2022, 01:02:52 AM »
Chapter Forty Seven: Slowly

"BABY!"

I jumped as Trey jumped off the couch in a panic after just falling asleep. I chuckled lightly as he slowly grasped his surroundings.

"The baby is- she is crying." He said groggily.

"Morgan just put her down after a feeding, Hannah is fine." I assured him.

He just looked at me and nodded, "She's fine."

I watched as he sunk back down on the couch.

"I don't remember Lily waking up this much crying." He said, rubbing his face with his hands.

"You should go get sleep." I told him.

"No, I have some work that needs to be done." He groaned.

"I'll go make you some tea." I told him.

A few moments later I walked back into the living room with the tea, but stopped when I realized that he was laying down and asleep. I smiled as I set the tea cup down on the table and grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch. I kissed his forehead before turning the television off and leaving him to rest. I headed into Trey and Morgan's room and found Morgan also asleep in bed. Eleanor was at the crib holding Hannah and I quietly walked over.

"She started fussing when I checked on her." Eleanor whispered when she saw me.

"She was just fed, I'm surprised she wanted more." I said.

"She must be growing already." Eleanor joked.

"It won't be long til we have another toddler running around." I agreed.

"There, that should be good, right mom?" She asked.

I looked at the bottle, noting how many ounces were left.

"Yes, okay now make sure you burp her. Do your remember how?" I asked.

She carefully raised Hannah so that she was resting against her chest, and started patting her back.

"Like this?" She asked.

"Perfect." I said.

"You snore." Raelyn told Trey.

"Do not." He said.

"Do too!" She teased.

"Well I hope that you still love me." He joked.

"I suppose we can keep you around big bro." She said.

"Good, I'm glad!" He laughed.

"Alright! Cake is done!" I announced.

"The hamburger one?!" Lily yelled.

"Yes, even though it isn't your birthday." Trey said, laughing.

"Daddy! Look!" She said.

"I see!" He said.

He walked over to the counter.

"Well my baby boy, what's your wish?" I asked.

Trey was now an adult. I watched as he thought about it for a few moments before leaning over and blowing out his candles.

"I bet I know what he wished for." Raelyn said.

"What?" Lily asked.

"A puppy!" She told her.

"Ha, you wish." Trey said.

"We do not need anymore chaos in this house." Shayne joked.

"I tried." Raelyn pouted.

I laughed and shook my head.

"Babe, come get some cake!" Trey said to Morgan.

"I...can't...right...now..." She gasped.

She had one of her workout videos on the television and was doing sit ups. She insisted that she gained more weight with Hannah and was trying to lose it fast.

"You're going to over do it." Trey warned.

I heard Hannah crying from the bedroom and I saw Trey about to go to her.

"I got her." I told him.

"Thanks mom, I'll heat up a bottle." He said.

I walked into the nursery and scooped up a crying Hannah in my arms. Trey walked in with the bottle and handed it to me. He kissed the side of my head before heading back into the living room. I rocked Hannah carefully as I started to feed her.

"No cake for you today little one." I joked with her.

Once she was fed and changed into a clean diaper, I laid her back into the crib gently.

"Now, sleep well princess." I whispered.

I closed the door quietly before joining my family for the rest of the birthday celebration.

Balance: $435,894

Slowly getting to halfway! Just a small update! =]
My Stories:
-----

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2022, 09:25:57 PM »
After a few months away I just caught up on your story, and I enjoyed all the updates I missed. So much time has passed! They have a lovely family. :)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2022, 11:52:05 PM »
Chapter Forty Eight: All Things Must End

"Raelyn! What have I told you about making messes!" I scolded.

"Sorry mom." She groaned.

"No now that's it. Go to your room." I told her.

She stomped to her room and slammed the door. I walked over to the closed door and opened it up.

"And just for that door slam, after you've calmed down you will clean this mess up!" I hissed.

"Just go away!" She yelled from her bed.

I took a deep breath and walked out of her room.

"She giving you trouble again?" Trey asked.

"It's fine, she's just going through a phase." I sighed.

"I can talk to her." He told me.

"No, Trey it's fine." I said.

All of a sudden I started feeling dizzy, I rubbed my forehead and closed my eyes.

"Mom? You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just feeling a bit dizzy." I told him.

"You should go lay down." He told me.

"Yeah that's a good idea." I said.

"I understand you are growing up and your emotions are going haywire. But that does not give you the right to slam doors and yell at people, especially your mother." Shayne said.

I walked out of the bedroom to find Shayne, Eleanor, and Raelyn at the table.

"I'm sorry dad." She said.

"I'm not the one you need to apologize too." He told her.

I cleared my throat, causing them all to look up at me.

"I'm so sorry mommy." Raelyn said.

"Oh sweetie, it's fine. But you need to listen to us okay?" I said.

"Okay, I'll work on it." She said.

"Where is Trey and Morgan?" I asked.

"Went to go get things for dinner and the birthday cake for Hannah's birthday." Shayne told me.

"I'm going to get changed then." I said.

By the time I came back out Morgan was sitting at the island. I walked over to the pot that was already on the stove and breathed in the smell of the spaghetti that was cooking. I stirred it a few times before looking up at Morgan who looked tired.

"Two kids wears you out." I said, giggling.

"Tell me about it. I'm hoping that once Hannah is older we will get more sleep." She said.

"Yes and no, the bigger worries come to keep you up at night." I told her.

"Great." She said, laughing.

"It's worth it though, you get to see your babies grow into their own personalities." I said.

"Do you regret not knowing Trey sooner?" She asked.

"Every day. I never knew how much I could love a child that I didn't give birth too, but the second he walked into the house I knew he was special." I said, smiling.

"Gag me." Trey said, walking over to the island.

"Stop it!" Morgan said, playfully batting at him.

Trey's POV

"Smile!" Mom said.

I smiled at the camera holding Hannah in my arms.

"I can't believe she is so big now!" Lily said.

Morgan walked over and sat the island next to her.

"She's going to be getting in a lot of things now, so we have to be careful not to leave anything dangerous where she can get it." Morgan told her.

"Yes mama." She said.

I walked over to them, holding Hannah on my hip.

"Where is dad?" I asked.

"I'm not sure actually, maybe in the bedroom?" Mom said.

"I'll go check on him!" Lily said, hopping off the stool.

We all were talking about random things when Lily came running out of the bedroom.

"Grandpa isn't waking up!" She screamed.

"What?!" Mom asked.

"Lily come here!" Morgan said.

I quickly handed Hannah off to Morgan, before running after mom into their bedroom.

"Shayne?!"

Mom was shaking him as I closed the door. You know that feeling? The feeling that something is wrong before you have it confirmed? My heart sank into my stomach, and my lungs suddenly forgot how to breathe. I saw everything in slow motion as mom lifted her hands to cover her mouth and let a gut wrenching wail out. I snapped out of it and rushed over to her, catching her just as she fell to her knees.

A Few Days Later

"It was a beautiful service." Morgan said.

We walked into the house, dressed in our funeral attire, and got situated. I helped mom sit on the couch and headed to the kitchen to make her some tea.

"I'm going to miss grandpa." Lily cried.

"I know baby, we all are." Morgan comforted.

Eleanor was hugging a sobbing Raelyn as I brought the tea back into the living room.

"Here, drink this mom." I said.

"No, I'm fine." She whispered.

"Please." I said.

She took the cup from me carefully and I kissed the top of my head.

"You know, I caught this picture the other day of you two." Morgan said.

She took out her phone and showed mom and I the picture of ourselves.

"I remember that, he was trying to teach me how to use this new app." Mom said, smiling a little bit.

"Oh." Morgan said, looking at her phone.

"What?" I asked.

She looked sad, as she turned the phone back around. On the screen was mom and dad, sharing a moment together in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry." Morgan said.

"No, I love it." Mom said, starting to sniffle again.

"How about we got rest mom?" I offered.

"That would be nice." She said.

"Is he safe?" Lily asked.

"What do you mean?" Morgan asked.

We were in their room getting them situated for the night.

"Grandpa, is he safe?" She asked.

Morgan looked up at me before answering.

"I believe so. He is looking down on you and everyone." She said.

"Does it hurt?" Raelyn asked from her bed.

"Dying? I don't think so. Especially how he went, he went to sleep and just peacefully drifted off." I said.

She just nodded sadly before climbing in the covers.

"Does that answer all your questions?" Morgan asked Lily.

"For now." She told her.

"Okay, try to get some sleep now, okay?" Morgan told her.

I tucked Raelyn in and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"You too little one, bed time." Morgan said, picking up Hannah.

Hannah let out an excited squeal, completely unaware what has happened.

"Happy Birthday!" We cheered.

Eleanor bent down and blew out the candles.

"You're old now too!" I teased.

"Not as old as you grandpa!" She teased back.

"Picture time!" I said.

Eleanor groaned.

We heard a thump right after I took her picutre.

"MOM!" Raelyn yelled.

I looked over to see mom laying on the ground.

"Call an ambulance!" Morgan yelled.

"Mom!" I said, shaking her.

Eleanor was on the phone with the dispatcher, but we both shared a look.

She was gone.

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long. I wanted to write more on Julie's death, but honestly enjoyed the "cliffhanger" feeling. I'm honestly in a rut, and getting this chapter done felt like a chore. The original plan was to keep going until I reached the million simoleons. But now I think I'm going to end this story here, and pick up with Trey. However, I need a break. I don't know how long of one, but right now I just don't have the time or energy to give you guys the story I want to give. I'm sorry if that lets anyone down, that isn't what I wanted to do. I did make it to 500k though! I've enjoyed this story so far and hope to continue it soon! Thanks for being patient, and hopefully understanding.
My Stories:
-----

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2022, 07:16:32 PM »
It's OK Ally! Take all of the time you need. RL has to come first.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2022, 12:45:02 AM »
I just had a thought Ally. Would you be interested in making this story a (normal) Legacy? Then you could carry on the line. It's always hard to lose a fav sim though.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2022, 08:24:32 PM »
Ally, I just came back to the board after a long absence, and I can't tell you how excited I was to find you had a new story up. A whole story you wrote while I was gone that I could read! I loved it, and I like where you ended it, but after you recharge, I hope you come back and give us more.

anything