Author Topic: Grow Fruit  (Read 24884 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Grow Fruit
« on: June 22, 2022, 09:12:31 PM »
Hi, This may or may not be n the correct place, but I see a lot of posts about Grow Fruit and was wondering if it is possible to get that w/o seasons? Everybody keeps saying to look for Jasmine Holiday in Willow Springs or Oasis, but I kept my sim there for 2 days and she never showed up. This is making me wonder if it is possible to get it before seasons. If it is possible to get w/o seasons, then where would I find it?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Grow Fruit
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 09:27:59 PM »
Oh boy, the information about Jasmine Holiday is wayyyy outdated!  She was part of a one-off event in preparation for seasons, and before that, the Growfruit Challenge.  That challenge is also long since done and gone.
There is one easy way to get growfuit:  Go on vacation to Granite Falls.  The supplies kiosk there sells them.  This does require that you have Outdoor Retreat.  If you have Cottage Living, the grocery vendor in Henford may or may not have growfruit in stock.  It's something they'll randomly have some days, so it might take a lot of visits to find it.
If you don't have Outdoor Retreat or Cottage Living, I think the only way to get it would be to cheat using bb.showhiddenobjects, and pull it out of build mode.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 10:02:03 PM »
Thanks Brian! I do have Cottage Living and Outdoor Retreat as well as Cats and Dogs. That's about it though.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 05:45:00 AM »
It can also be found in rare seed packs randomly.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 02:26:55 PM »
Growfruit grow year-round.  I've found growfruit trees in the Countryside Windenburg.
If my memory doesn't fail me (haha), there are growfruit trees to the rear of The Summer House lot as well as to the left of Ulrick and Maaike's lot.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 08:52:38 PM »
@oshizu Wow, I'll have to go looking for those, I've never seen growfruit in the wild! 
Since it doesn't sound like OP has Get Together, a vacation to Granite Falls is probably the cheapest and easiest way to find it.

Growfruit doesn't really do anything special, although I think there might be a moodlet if you eat it?  The tree does have a neat glowing aura around it though, and once you've improved the quality a couple of grades the fruit will be worth $60 each-- which means, it's excellent fertilizer.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 10:16:06 PM »
U thought that was only during the challenge back in the day was there a grow fruit plant in Windenberg. I admit I could be wrong as I don't really use that world much. I will have to investigate and turn all the sims to wolves there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 12:00:20 AM »
I sent a sim to check just now for 1-1/2 days and the area where the growfruit tree were growing only had lemon and cherry trees. (It's sutumn in my game).
I have this vague feeling that sometimes that area has growfruit and sometimes other trees.
Haha, now I don't know.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2022, 07:54:26 PM »
@oshizu Wow, I'll have to go looking for those, I've never seen growfruit in the wild! 
Since it doesn't sound like OP has Get Together, a vacation to Granite Falls is probably the cheapest and easiest way to find it

Just to correct you, I do  have GT. I think I did find grow fruit, but don't remember where atm. Right now, I'm on a different sims game.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2022, 08:33:24 PM »
I agree with Brian that the kiosk in Granite Falls' Campground area is the easiest way to acquire Growfruit. :D

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2022, 11:01:41 PM »
That's exactly what I did. :)

anything