Author Topic: Heroic Parents (A Multi Wonder Child Project): Completed (7th Sep 2022)  (Read 8441 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Heroic Parents (A Multi Wonder Child Project): Your Recommendation?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2022, 02:48:19 AM »
In my previous comment, I'd actually asked if you were planning to ask for reader input on choosing your AC founder.
Later, I thought it was a cheeky remark so I logged back into the forum to edit my comment, LOL!

imho, there are two priority considerations:
(1) Traits/Careers: Since you must start Off the Grid, I can see why you wish to deal with water and power generation first.
                            Either Sam Weatherwax (Recycle Disciple/Green Technician) or Coral (Loves the Outdoors/Environmental Mgr) would make the best choice, but I prefer Coral's Genius/Loves the Outdoors traits.
(2) Genetics: My vote goes to Coral Odrade with her red hair and green eyes, always a striking combo. (You don't want generations of sims with cleft chins...)

I throw my full support behind Coral Odrade, born and raised in Sulani.
I always love a bit of help with decision-making  :)
I hadn't noticed Sam's cleft chin which I don't mind but, now you mention it, might look odd on a female Sim.
Coral does have striking colouring. Plus that generous mouth... I also like that she had an alternative off-grid upbringing.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Heroic Parents (A Multi Wonder Child Project): Consultation Update
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2022, 02:56:57 AM »
Consultation update:
Coral Odrade is currently the leading contender, with Robyn a close 2nd.
No-one is rooting for stat-winner Julienne. Could it be that her sassy character can't make up for her rather severe features?
Flint, wimp turned hunk, also has no backers.
Could it be that, with this Watcher's declared preference for green eyes (I married one!) that everyone thinks it's a one-horse race?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Heroic Parents (A Multi Wonder Child Project): Consultation Update
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2022, 11:50:18 AM »

Hm, I did like Julienne and her sass. Plus her prom outfit was pretty fabulous. (Also, what is Rhumbasim?) As for Flint, well I *am* rather partial to men with dark hair (though I didn't marry one!). And yeah, the mention of liking green eyes so much does make it seem slim that anyone could seriously contend with Coral, haha!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2022, 12:55:44 PM »
Or, I imagine, Coral could also become the Chef to avoid having to wait for the skill book and all that.
As we have learned from other challenges, sims with almost any traits can max the Chef career. ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2022, 03:07:24 AM »

Hm, I did like Julienne and her sass. Plus her prom outfit was pretty fabulous. (Also, what is Rhumbasim?) As for Flint, well I *am* rather partial to men with dark hair (though I didn't marry one!). And yeah, the mention of liking green eyes so much does make it seem slim that anyone could seriously contend with Coral, haha!
Rhumbasim is an option if your Sim has learnt Selvadorean Culture. They seem to be able to dance it to any music, including at the prom. In my inexpert opinion, it's a mixture of disco, rhumba and twerking.  Very showy and hilarious when done by a skeleton (after using the rigjt artifacts)
I'm glad you like Julienne and Flint too. I do have a soft spot for all of my Sim progeny.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2022, 03:13:51 AM »
Or, I imagine, Coral could also become the Chef to avoid having to wait for the skill book and all that.
As we have learned from other challenges, sims with almost any traits can max the Chef career. ;)
Yes - I think whichever WC goes in, they need to clear the Chef career or maybe the Gardener/Botanist to unlock garden produce. The Food options are so limited without a fridge. Meat goes off really quickly and the bought bread only lasts about 3 days - home-made bread lasts for ages but that's not an option. If garden produce is unlocked, that allows foragers stew...hmm...I  need to do a bit more planning! Will I ever make a start?!?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Heroic Parents (A Multi Wonder Child Project): Conclusion
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2022, 04:39:06 AM »
Conclusion

Following extension consultation and some research into actual conditions in HoB, a decision has been made.

It has been determined that the WC chosen has no alternative, under the current restrictions, than to enter the Chef career. The Botanist career would make garden produce usable but not in recipes until a Chef has worked with them.

All of the WCs have the Forever Full, Connections and Entrepreneurial traits and have maxed the Cooking, Gourmet Cooking and Mixology skills so they should clear the career swiftly. Starting a family will be the second priority so a maxed Charisma skill and the Incredibly Friendly trait are paramount.

It should be stated, at this point, that Robyn Redbreast has withdrawn her application. It seems that the restriction on hair-dyes was insurmountable.
It is also felt that Sam Weatherwax, with his Recycle-Disciple trait would feel frustrated by the absence of recycling and fabrication items.

Of the remaining three candidates, there has been strong support for Coral Odrade. However, with the need to make career advancements before having offspring, the agency feel that a male candidate is required. He will be able to produce offspring with a younger spouse, giving a better chance to the continuance of this project.

The superficial traits preferred by the designated Watcher have been taken into consideration and a one-time eye-colour adjustment will be allowed.

The chosen candidate to enter the Apocalypse Project is:
Flint Acoma

Flint.jpg

Notes
Coral was my preferred Sim in terms of genetics but now I've worked out that the founder has more time as a male (why didn't I think of that sooner? doh!), there is now really only one choice! Ah - if only Forrest Everdeen had kept to the project! What might have been...

The story continues with Flowers of the Apocalypse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Heroic Parents (A Multi Wonder Child Project): Conclusion
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2022, 02:17:17 PM »

"The restriction on hair-dyes was insurmountable" - HA! And good to know about Rumbasim. I've picked up that pack, but have yet to play with it. Now I think I must try to find a way to check it out sooner rather than later ...

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2022, 07:23:32 PM »
Rhumbasim is an option if your Sim has learnt Selvadorean Culture. They seem to be able to dance it to any music, including at the prom. In my inexpert opinion, it's a mixture of disco, rhumba and twerking.  Very showy and hilarious when done by a skeleton (after using the rigjt artifacts)
I'm glad you like Julienne and Flint too. I do have a soft spot for all of my Sim progeny.

I would say that Rumbasim is the most like the Brazilian samba, not the ballroom dance but the rowdier carnaval version.  ;D

So sad about the ultimate choice of AC founder.  :'(

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2022, 01:48:28 AM »
If this Watcher fails with Flint, I'll be sending in the girls, probably in the following order : Coral, Robyn, Julienne. I'm only giving myself one chance with each, is my current self-imposed rule.

(I should qualify that to mention that Flint has already encountered multiple Mayor's, Shop Owners & Pub Owners so I re-started without replacing  The Gnomes Arms to see if that was the problem. The multiples were still present but different so I've gone back to the first play. I'm not counting that as a Fail)

So, dear readers, you now have a dilemma! Are you hoping Flint fails in order to get your favourite sent in? Or are you cheering him on and waving flags?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Heroic Parents (A Multi Wonder Child Project): Completed (7th Sep 2022)
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2022, 12:34:58 PM »

*cheers and waves flags*

anything