Author Topic: EA Account Ban?  (Read 1829 times)

Offline pinkfunky

• Nooboo
EA Account Ban?
« on: February 27, 2022, 05:56:22 PM »
i'm sorry to bring this to y'all but i don't have anybody else to ask! no one i knows plays sims or deals with EA as a company... i hope i'm asking in the right spot and everything, sorry for any mistakes!

so i bought the carnival pack a while ago, but for some reason it accidentally charged my paypal twice. it seemed like a simple mistake so i refunded through paypal, got my money back in about a week, and forgot it. after about another week i got an email saying my EA account is now banned due to a recent chargeback, and the carnival pack is gone. honestly i had intended to just rebuy the pack & live without the gallery until i realized that a ban also means EA won't take my money anymore?

i did email EA support but it's been a few days and there's no acknowledgement they even received my email. i'm wondering if anyone else here has had a similar experience and can tell me what to expect? i'm so bummed by this, like.. i've bought literally every sims game and every expansion for them over the last 20 years. i dispute ONE double charge, and suddenly my sims days are over? i'll never be able to buy another pack?? that CAN'T be how it works, right??! RIGHT? ^^'

any advice or suggestions on what to do (or even just commiseration) would be much appreciated. thanks for reading & for any help you can offer~

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: EA Account Ban?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 09:59:42 PM »
We can't help with account issues, but did find this article from EA Help:

How to get more information about my ban or suspension
https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pinkfunky

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 10:18:07 PM »
no i didn't think any of you here could solve the problem, i was just asking if any other people had been through similar things with their EA accounts and how that went for them.

i did already submit an inquiry through the EA site you linked, but as i said there hasn't even been any acknowledgement from EA that they even received or are aware of my email inquiry. guess i'll just have to wait and see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ thanks for replying though~

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 12:17:50 AM »
I don't know how it works where you live but to me it seems very odd that you get a ban because they (EA) charged you twice. But maybe it would have been better if you had contacted them first and then get a refund. 
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline pinkfunky

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 12:27:54 AM »
i actually DID try to do the refund through EA! somewhere along the way i got a message like "if you believe you have been charged in error contact your payment service" so... i did! i guess i should've found a way to go through EA or Origin though, bc yeah getting an instaban for this seems over the top as a reaction.

anything