Author Topic: Why won't my sims get called into game? (Solved)  (Read 1613 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Why won't my sims get called into game? (Solved)
« on: April 26, 2023, 12:27:11 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm a member at the "official" forum and I asked this question there but I thought I can ask here as well.

Very randomly and just out of curiosity, what is the game mechanics for calling sims into game play? I have some recently created sims that are not "in world" but stored under "My families" in manage Families. But the game don't seem to have any interest of calling them or call them very rarely (and believe me, I know what my sims look like). With about 140* sims I don't think I'm so close to the limit (150).

*I don't know exactly and I won't get into game now as it's on a different computer.
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Why won't my sims get called into game?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 01:36:31 PM »
Hmm.  Was the game already well under way when you added the other households?  The only reason I can think of is that the game already had loads of randos it had generated, so it doesn't have any roles to fill with your households.  But this is purely a guess.
I can think of a couple of things that will force the game to call up a bunch of sims, but unfortunately doing them won't call your households, it would generate all new randos.  Visiting Selvadorada, and visiting Strangerville.  At least, I'm fairly certain it would never fill the roles of Selvadorada locals or military personnel and scientists, with existing households.
Now, if any of your households have spellcasters in them-- visiting the Realm of Magic WILL call up any spellcasters you've added this way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: Why won't my sims get called into game?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 12:28:59 PM »
Hello.

Thank you for the answer Brian. Yeah, I'm quite sure that it's the way it is: The game may not not know what to do with my sims and therefor won't call them. (It's also possible that not all of the "homeless" sims get called but I do not pay so much attention to them).  I just thought there was some sort of "prio" so that my families were more in the game then the other ones... but maybe not so. And I think it's logical that adding more worlds will add more sims as well. OK, I will accept this explanation as the "solution" on this issue.  :)
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Why won't my sims get called into game? (Solved)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 01:48:39 PM »
If you were to start a new game, and stocked it straight away, I bet you'll see your sims all over.  Active sim's neighborhood has 3 empty houses-> fill houses-> homeless households already exist, use first.  Active sim visits bar-> populate bar-> use these idle sims already existing. 
I only tried stocking a game once, but it did work.  Male played sim, added like 8 homeless girls from my library, and let's see who he happens to run into, and ends up liking, on his own.  I saw those girls all over, and it was a matter of hours (game clock hours) before he was doing naughty mod things with one, without me doing anything to tell him to!

anything