Author Topic: How many opportunities at once?  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
How many opportunities at once?
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:56:06 AM »
OK, sorry if this has been bought up, but I did do a search first.
There are three different slots for opportunities. Does this mean that I can accept an opportunity related to a skill to fill one slot and still be offered opportunities say for career? Seems the game I am playing, my sim is getting offered the same opportunity over and over again, but I don't want her gaining any more celebrity points, but I would like to see her offered other opps related to her skills. If I accept this opportunity to fill the bottom slot, will she be offered other ones for career and skills?

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: How many opportunities at once?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 02:06:15 AM »
You should be able to hold three active opps - one for each slot. I don't think I've ever had three at once, but I have had both a skill and a career one.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:31:13 AM »
Oh good. Thanks for the reply. I thought that was the case, but wanted to make sure. I'm am just so sick of being offered the same two opportunities for the last two sim weeks. I thought if I did one it would help, but she just got offered the same one a day after completing it.

Norma
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
I'm am just so sick of being offered the same two opportunities for the last two sim weeks...

Let me guess...Celebrity Body and Networking is Key?   ::)

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 07:20:07 AM »
That's them alright... it just alternated between the two, very annoying because she seemed to be getting anything up to 4 phone calls a day offering them. Fixed now, I just haven't bothered to try and befriend the celebrity.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 07:26:40 AM »
That's them alright... it just alternated between the two, very annoying because she seemed to be getting anything up to 4 phone calls a day offering them.

It is annoying. Very annoying. But, thankfully (as far as I know) those endless stupid phone calls with celeb opps have no correlation with getting fewer skill and career opps since the celeb opps are a different class. In the Garden of Eatin' Challenge my guy has cancelled a celeb opp and an hour later be hit with a skill opp. Or it might be the next day. There's a lot of randomness to be sure.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 07:41:26 AM »

In the Garden of Eatin' Challenge my guy has cancelled a celeb opp and an hour later be hit with a skill opp. Or it might be the next day. There's a lot of randomness to be sure.

Lucky you, for about a full sim week, my girl got nothing but those two opps offered.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 08:00:19 AM »
Lucky you, for about a full sim week, my girl got nothing but those two opps offered.

If you're offered the New High Quality Ingredients opp from a Townie choose what you give them very carefully. It can result in a huge payday. ;)

anything