Author Topic: Glass Falling and Breaking after using the Group Science Project?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Anomalocaris

• Nooboo
I recently earned the Group Science Project and used it on my lot. I activated the meteor shower effect and got a nice amount of gems, metals, and space rocks, but ever since using it, I keep hearing the sound of glass breaking all over my lot, and sometimes even see little glass crystals hitting the yard and shattering. This has persisted for hours after, and hasn't gone away. Anybody know what's up with this and how to fix it? It's extremely annoying.

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Glass Falling and Breaking after using the Group Science Project?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 07:45:47 PM »
I am not sure if this will help, but have you tried resetting the lot or Reset Everything via MasterController?

Reset Everything -
Selected Sim > Nraas > City Hall > MasterController > Town > Reset Everything

Reset Lot -
Left-click on Lot, Nraas > MasterController > Reset Lot
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anomalocaris

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 07:51:24 PM »
I tried Reset Everything and that didn't fix it, but I can try the Lot version if that makes a difference.

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 08:05:06 PM »
You might be able to move the family out and back again, as a way of resetting the lot.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Anomalocaris

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 08:13:49 PM »
Reset Lot seems to have worked, thank you. I forgot that Reset Everything excludes the active lot.

Still, I would appreciate not having to reset the lot every time I use it. Anybody know the root cause of the persistent glass?

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 08:32:46 PM »
I'm not sure why the breaking glass sound ends up looping. It maybe a glitch with the object?

If you have a save from before getting and using the Group Science Project, you can use it to test.

Offline Anomalocaris

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 08:42:57 PM »
I can use it again (and reset the lot again) as needed, but I'm not sure that'll tell me anything new. If I had to guess, it seems like the "rain decorative debris" effect of the meteor shower never actually stops even after it finishes raining actual collectibles.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 10:02:15 PM »
Ah okay, that sounds like it may be an option that is bugged on the object then. I haven't done much reading up on the object itself, so I don't know if it's a true bug or not.