Author Topic: Unpurchased Sims 3 Expansion Packs Downloaded Automatically in Origin Client  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Hi there,

When I decided to install Sims 3 on my new PC, I decided to re-purchase the expansion packs. I got them all with the exceptions of Seasons and Island Paradise, I also played without Into the Future enabled.

When I turned on my computer this morning and went into the Origin Client to play Sims 3 ... Seasons and Island Paradise both began downloading.

I hadn't downloaded/purchased them for the computer in question, and in the expansion pack listing, both of them are unticked ... into the future doesn't appear in the list, but all the rest of them are ticked.

I don't know if that has happened as a result of them being added to the Origin gaming vault or something like that, or if EA are giving the packs for free now, or something else, but just thought I'd share in case anyone else is after them or something like that.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
If you're concerned something odd is happening with your account you may need to contact EA's customer service. I don't think they'd just give away the expansion packs for free?

Unless some how the Origin client knows that you've previously purchased Sims 3 before. This is something EA CS might be able to help with.

Oooh and you may already know this, but you don't have to repurchase Sims 3 again for your new computer. You can log into your old EA/Origin account and re-download your Origin games.

Since you've already purchased some packs, you may still be able to merge old EA/Origin account with new one and be able to have all your packs and store content on one account. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
I will have to look this up again, but I have seen where folks have been getting worlds and other packs that they didn't have before. Let's see what I can find out.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
I wasn't concerned as much as ... EA may be giving some of the Sims 3 packs for free ... others may be interested to know

I also discovered that some of the previously installed Sims 3 packs were no longer installed ... so I checked, and it said I no longer owned them ... so I re-purchased them lol as well as Into the Future. I got a message on my phone from my credit card provider telling me multiple payments on my card for 19.95 each had just been made ... they were concerned so they put a hold on them until I confirmed the payments were legit ... good to see their fraud checking stuff is working :)

anything