Author Topic: Sims 3 Launcher slow after installing store content?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
Sims 3 Launcher slow after installing store content?
« on: October 21, 2021, 10:49:26 PM »
Has anyone ever encountered this issue? I had to do a factory reset back in August and since have spend a couple of months (on my days off and after work) checking all my custom content. After I had it all checked (installed so many files, checked with Delphy's dashboard, then uninstalled and put a safe to re-install folder) I started reinstalling my store content (world, venues, and sets) and I find now the launch has slowed down like crazy when installing files and then waiting for the launcher to refresh after installing. I delete my dcc back up every night, as well as the CASPartCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache and socialCache, plus the pictures in the FeaturedItems Folder. I haven't tried disconnecting from the internet so I can disable my anti-virus program, but any other recommendations?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Sims 3 Launcher slow after installing store content?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 12:27:05 PM »
Hi BonnieLM77

I have all the store content, every Pack that Sims 3 has out. Plus I have a lot of CC and a few mods in my Sims 3 folder. The more stuff you add, the more the launcher slows down. This has always been a thing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 06:07:44 PM »
yeah, I've experienced some slow down before, but usually not after installing the store content, mostly only after installing cc, and it was never this slow to  refresh after installing files. As I mentioned, this is the 4th factory reset I've had to do in 2 and half years, and I'm wondering if either my anti-virus is slowing things down or if I may have to do a complete uninstall and re-install again.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 07:46:40 PM »
Let me ask this, How old is the computer your using? Is it a laptop or desktop? Do you know how much RAM you have?

Offline BonnieLM77

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 04:48:28 PM »
10 gb of RAM (hoping to get more soon) Nvidia GT 1050 graphics card, and the computer is about 6 or 7 years old.