Author Topic: Sims 4, Unable to play any owned expansion packs  (Read 2262 times)

Offline arebecca13

• Nooboo
Sims 4, Unable to play any owned expansion packs
« on: November 07, 2021, 02:04:35 PM »
Hello, this is my first post. I need some help with my game and EA has not been able to help so far. The issue is that all of my expansion packs are unplayable in game. When you hover over the pack it either says that it has not been installed or asks me to restart to use packs. Suffice it to say re-starting does not work. My system has over double the minimum requirements. Here is what I have tried:

Removing mods and save files.
Repairing the game.
Re-setting to factory settings.
Uninstalling and re-installing the game.
Uninstalling and re-installing Origin itself.
Turned off "enable origin in-game" then repaired and re-started.
Cleared out the Origin cashe, repaired, re-started.
Followed the instructions for a clean boot, did not work even with everything turned off.
I also made sure that Sims 4 was still listed as an exception on my AVG security, since that was an issue in the past.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4, Unable to play any owned expansion packs
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 04:59:35 PM »
Sounds as though you've done the basic troubleshooting steps we would suggest.

Oooh wait, you might try running both Origin and Sims 4 as Administrator. Right-click on Origin and select Run as Administrator. Do the same for Sims 4.

If this issue just started, you might try reading over the troubleshooting tips in the first post of the thread linked below.

[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 doesn't start - No Error Message (Patch 1.68.154)
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Patch-1-68/td-p/9734045

If the tips in that thread don't help and you haven't already, you might try posting at EA Help's AHQ's Sims 4 Tech Help Board?

AHQ's Sims Tech Help Board:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Sign in with your EA account, click the New Topic button, up near the top of the board, to make a new post.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline arebecca13

• Nooboo
Re: Sims 4, Unable to play any owned expansion packs
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 01:42:11 PM »
Thank you so much for your help! Running it as admin seems to have been the key. After I started and exited the game that way, I started it again and got a bunch of pop-ups for the different packs and the game seemed to be working correctly with all expansion content. After the next restart it triggered an update (no idea why). I have opened and closed the game a few times. Re-started my computer and opened and closed a few times again - just testing it out. It seems to be working and loading like it should now. But if it starts acting up again I will try some of your other suggestions  :D

You are a lifesaver! After a week of struggling I feel so much better now. Thank you again for your help!

anything