Author Topic: Plant failed to germinate - Henford-on-Bagley  (Read 3047 times)

Offline CatCreature

• Nooboo
Plant failed to germinate - Henford-on-Bagley
« on: August 04, 2021, 04:03:53 AM »
Hey! Despite my shyness, I had to sign up here in hopes of finding some help I'm having on this issue...I don't know how to fix it, and any searches I make aren't related to this very specific problem I'm having. I really hope someone can help me!

So upon playing Cottage Living, I had to try out the new Henford-on-Bagley town. From my lot (the largest one, near the far, upper-right of the map) I have access to walk to a local spot where Sims come along and can garden. I thought that was especially cool, however somehow I've encountered a bug. There are planter boxes being used, and a Snapdragon is in place on one of them, ready to be planted. But literally every time anyone tries to plant one, I get the "A snapdragon failed to germinate..." popup. And I've learned that the locals are relentlessly trying to plant it...I'm constantly getting spammed with this popup and it's making me crazy!!

But these cannot be picked up by my Sim. The only option when I click on it is to plant it. Is there a way to move/remove objects that aren't on a lot, but off in the world BESIDE your lot? What is something I could try?

I hope someone has an idea, because I can't think of anything. Reloading the game also doesn't help...it's there every single time.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Plant failed to germinate - Henford-on-Bagley
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 11:47:13 AM »
I had that happening because a CC object was partially occupying the spot where they were trying to plant a daisy.  Enter "testingcheats on" then shift-click the snapdragon, and Destroy Object.  Also if you can figure out what is interfering with the spot they are trying to plant on, Destroy Object on that too, so no one eventually tries and fails in the same spot again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CatCreature

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 04:08:53 PM »
I don't think there's any CC causing an issue here...I think that planter is just buggy. I see some flowers floating, as if they're in a plant, but no plant, and I can't remove those either. I think the snapdragon is even underneath them. It's got all kinds of problems.

I use MCCC though, and that mod keeps Testing Cheats enabled all the time. My only shift-click options are Reset Object (does nothing) or Set As Head.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 01:11:42 AM »
Actually, yes, it was flowers from a CC plant that had been removed, but somehow the flowers were still floating there.  I was able to shift-click each of the flowers and destroy them though.

Offline CatCreature

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 03:41:10 AM »
I meant it wasn't CC for me...I've never downloaded any kind of other plant before. I guess I can try enabling Testing Cheats anyway and see if maybe MCCC doesn't enable ALL of them, somehow...because I definitely didn't have that option.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 04:40:10 AM »
I have the same bug. The Creature Keeper keeps trying to plant something and it keeps failing.

When I noticed he was autonomously planting things in the pots at his house, that was cool. But when he planted a mushroom I thought "this is rather dull, I'll uproot that and he'll autonomously plant something else". Maybe he'll plant something rare? So I did.

I thought I got rid of the mushroom, but it's still kinda there. I can't hover the mouse of anything that says "mushroom plant" but the pot clearly has mushrooms in it. He's trying to plant garlic on top of it, and failing. I can send a sim over there and eat the garlic, maybe try to eat the mushroom too. But merely getting rid of the garlic that he always fails to plant isn't going to help, because clearly the game thinks the pot is empty... but not empty enough. And that's why the planting keeps failing. My gut feeling is I can't uproot the mushrooms again. There's no plant to select, it's empty, so he'll keep trying to to plant in that pot that isn't actually empty, and it's bugged forever or until a bugfix comes.

Maybe you can tell your sims to put the snapdragon in their inventory? If I ever get my pot sorted out I'll reply here. But I'm not sure there will be a workaround.

-----

edit to add: this is my situation

I could eat the garlic placed in the pot, but I can't eat or harvest or uproot the mushrooms. Routing failure. So the Creature Keeper will just try to plant something else there now, and fail at that too. And I'll get relentless messages about something failing to germinate, and it drives one crazy.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline CatCreature

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 04:56:51 AM »
Yes! I think that's exactly what I'm going through, just not with the Creature Keeper and their personal pot! I'd forgotten...I think I did the same thing you did to initially create this problem. I saw plants that looked boring, and decided to uproot one and see if they'd plant something else. And sure enough, they tried. But the snapdragon refuses to grow. And that kind of makes sense too, with my floating flowers above it...how the plant from before is still kinda there, but kinda not, and I can't really fix it.

Believe me, putting the snapdragon in their inventory was the FIRST thing I tried! Literally my only option is to Plant it...and obviously that's not working! xD

I'm starting to think you may be right...there may be nothing we can do but hope EA releases a fix. My only worry is that it's an issue not getting enough attention...(as I couldn't find this particular problem when I was searching for help) and they might not notice. I hope I'm wrong. I think they broke things when they included letting NPCs plant things now, and added the new Uproot Plant option. Maybe since these are new features, they're keeping a closer eye on them, and are more likely to notice something isn't quite right?

I may not get a chance to play my game tonight, and possibly not tomorrow either, but as soon as I get a chance I'll see if I can trigger the Destroy Object option. It might be our only hope...for a short period of time, anyway!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 01:36:47 PM »
Interesting... In my case, the game picked a CC plant randomly to grow there.  Except, all CC plants were broken by the patch, so the plant promptly died of weeds, bugs, and needing water, all at the same time.  So I had my sim stop by and dispose of it.  Someone-- probably the Creature Keeper-- then tried planting a daisy there, and I got spammed with the "failed to germinate" message.  Once I realized that, no, it's not on my lot, let's see if it's the community garden-- there's the daisy, and there's buds floating over it, left over from the plant that used to be there.  I guess I must have been lucky, since I DID have the option to Destroy Object on each of the buds hanging in midair.

CC plants were all broken by the patch, but they are fixable.  The creator of that particular plant has fixed his now.  The mod is of an adult nature.

Offline CatCreature

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 09:25:33 PM »
Yeah, I never got any kind of CC plants myself.

I got to play a little last night, and confirmed that I absolutely cannot trigger any Destroy Object command. MCCC -did- have the Testing Cheats already enabled. Enabling them again made no difference. I can't destroy the plant. In fact, I can't destroy hardly anything with that command...I never actually see it on anything, on my lot or off? Are you sure that's the cheat that enabled that command? In this game? I think I remember it doing that in the Sims 3, but I'm beginning to realize I haven't seen that option in months of playing, if not over a year by this point, and those cheats are always on with MCCC.

Also, here's some screenshots showing the problem and the location:

In the bottom-right corner of this planter, you can see the snapdragon (which was highlighted with my cursor on it) and floating above it are the dandelions that used to be there. Their bush isn't there, but the flowers are...and I can't do anything with them.

Zoomed out further, this is the plot of land they're on, that's accessible from our house, but very much so out of our lot bounds. (Planter box with issue is circled)

Yeah, my house is very far to the right. There's a bridge JUST off-camera to the right, and it's across that bridge to the right.

From the looks of things said here, it looks like all I can do now is hope for an update and fix. But I wanted to update to at least mention the Destroy Object thing is apparently not an option.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2021, 01:22:31 AM »
Hmm.  Maybe TwistedMexi's All Cheats mod?  That's something I got so long ago I forget about it, so maybe that's what unlocks Destroy Object.  I'm pretty sure I was able to destroy object before I ever enabled debug cheats through MCCC, so I'm pretty sure you don't need to do that.  But if you want to try debug cheats, it's somewhere under the MCCC computer menu, and then requires a restart to take effect.
But I seem to remember a semi-recent conversation about a giant mailbox someone had accidentally placed off lot, and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it.  I believe it turned out they needed All Cheats.

Offline nomo

• Nooboo
  • Millennium hand and shrimp, bugrit
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 06:52:33 PM »
The invisible plants/floating harvestables have a bug report made, I have seen it too in my game, no mods/cc.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Invisible-Plants/td-p/6904863

It only has 18 Me Too's.

Not being able to plant in the community garden plot in the 'world' area in Henford on Bagley is also a bug, since I have it, but I can't find a bug report made.