Author Topic: Speedy Over-Achiever  (Read 7204 times)

Offline jesslc

• Townie
Re: Speedy Over-Achiever
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2021, 04:38:37 AM »
My sim completed her 5th aspiration on week 1, Wednesday, 9:06pm which is 5106 minutes according to the spreadsheet. Perhaps I can have the honour of topping the mere mortals crowd (at least for now) :D Definitely looking forward to hearing how all the experts managed to finish on the Monday!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2021, 12:32:18 PM »
I got to recreate one of my favorite Sim names for this one, Frank Frazetta. Frank finished on Week 1, Thursday at 11:21 PM.

6681 minutes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2021, 02:01:41 PM »
5th Aspiration completed Sunday, week 2 at 6:30pm, time 10,710. Can't wait to see what aspirations people chose.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2021, 02:58:39 PM »
Cara Sims completed her 5th aspiration on Wednesday, Week 1, at 9:41pm for a total of 5141 minutes
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline math_chick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2021, 10:43:43 PM »
Finished 5th Aspiration on Week 1, Thursday, at 3:23am
Total = 5483 minutes

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2021, 05:38:36 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Good job, everybody. Grats to Nandarelle on the win. This saw some pretty decent participation compared to other recent events. Everyone is now free to discuss how they approached this.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2021, 08:57:49 AM »
I’m flying all day - when I get settled tonight, I will post my strategy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2021, 03:43:45 PM »
Let me start by saying I really enjoyed this challenge.
And because it was short and sweet, I actually got to practice, which I usually don't really do.
And mismck, congratulations - our scores are so close together it is practically a tie.

The aspirations I chose were
- Soulmate
- Mansion Baron
- Fabulously Wealthy
- Big Happy Family
- Leader of the Pack

I started by moving my Sim, Aspi Rational, into an empty lot and building a tiny house. Not so much for the skill gains, this time, but for the relationship boost. I created a club and added Judith Ward to it. I got Aspi and Judith to talk in a locked room, and then added more club members. This was to prevent other Sims for budding in while I was trying to seduce Judith and making the conversion very uncomfortable. I set the club activities to various forms of socializing (friendly and romantic), dancing and cooking.
Aspi and Judith quickly went through the steps of Soulmate until the point where she could propose. Fortunately, Judith accepted, and Aspi moved in with her.
Judiths house very nearly completes Mansion Baron as it is, so I bought a few windows and columns, and I had my first complete aspiration. I then bought a bunch of expensive violins and sold them through Aspi's inventory. This counts as money earned for Fabulously Wealthy, so that was the second aspiration, all with the game on pause.
Judith and Aspi now moved back to the original tiny house, because I still want those boosts. They went on more dates for Soulmate, occasionally switching to Leader of the Pack. The interactions needed for the dates are club activities, so that takes care of the 'completing 10 club activites'. Just remember to switch to Soulmate before ending the date! I also purchased Incredible Kisser at this point, which easily took Aspi to Charisma level 5 and beyond (she actually maxed it without effort).
In the last tier of Soulmate, they took a break from dating to start a family. Judith went to the adoption agency while Aspi baked a birthday cake (none of the other club members hade made the effort to do so). When they came back, Aspi and Judith went right on their next date, and the child was aged up to teen and then young adult. There is a requirement in Big Happy Family to have a child get married, so he started romancing one of the club members (Kimberly Lee I believe). When they got to boyfriend/girlfriend status he went on to adopt 2 or 3 children in a row. Then he proposed to and Kimberly accepted. Meanwhile Judith also adopted another child, while Aspi talked about clubs. They then finished Soulmate and it was time to focus entirely on Big Happy Family.
Aspi took some time to read to her second child and interact with children and grandchildren. Being a parent of a child with 3 friends had already autocompleted due to club activities combined with relationship boosts - everybody on that lot became good friends very quickly. Judith adopted a third child, who was aged up to teen, and then moved out with some two of the grandchildren. This freed up enough room in the household to get to the total of 3 children and 4 grandchildren.
When Aspi got to tier 3, the oldest child got married, and there were only a few more things to wrap up in tier 4 before finishing Big Happy Family.
After that, they needed a few more club points, so I just had everybody dance. And then that was the end of Leader of the Pack as well.

In summary:
- Soulmate: just go throught the motions (but with a relationship boost)
- Mansion Baron & Fabulously Wealthy: can be done on pause if you just marry rich
- Leader of the Pack: mostly happens in the background
- Big Happy Family: requires some planning, but is then actually pretty quick

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2021, 07:33:05 PM »
I went with Leader of the Pack (joined and took over The Good Timers), Soulmate (married Marcus Flex and bought Great Kisser), Friend of the World (bought Incredibly Friendly), The Curator (setup Egg Hunt holiday to complete a collection), and finally Hope Vs Order to finish up.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2021, 09:21:15 PM »
Congrats Nandarelle - 27 minutes between us - that was super close!!! And only two of our Aspirations were the same :)

The 5 completed Aspirations:
Hope VS Order
Mansion Baron
Friend of the World
Soulmate
Serial Romantic

Speedy Achiever started with the Aspiration of Soulmate for the Bonus Trait of Alluring. His other traits were Loves Outdoors, Insider, and Cheerful. He started his existence on the empty lot of Pebble Burrow in Oasis Springs.

He immediately set his Aspiration to Hope VS Order and left for Batuu. He completed this Aspiration at 10:39 AM and promptly ended his vacation to go home.

Once at home, his lot type was changed to Tiny House. He had 2 separate structures totaling 32 squares - just at the limit for a Micro House. This gives the greatest Relationship Boost and Skill Gain.

Speedy joined the Good Timers club (for Rally the Troops) and also started a club to aid in his Aspirations. Judith Ward was the only Sim added to the club and a club gathering was started. The club activities were Be Romantic, Hug, Kiss, WooHoo, and Tell Jokes. The first Aspiration to be worked on was Soulmate. At 2:16 PM, Speedy & Judith were married and they moved to her house.

By adding 3 windows to Judith’s house, Speedy completed the Mansion Baron Aspiration. Speedy purchased the Great Kisser (to max Charisma quickly) and Incredibly Friendly Traits — both are very helpful with the Friend of the World Aspiration.

Speedy & Judith moved back to Pebble Burrow, grabbed a satellite dish to prevent abductions, and furnished the 2 structures. The Love Shack (4X6) had a sofa, shower, and several romance emotion aura lamps. The Clueless Wife Area (2X4) had a small desk, chair, computer, and mirror.

Speedy toggled between Friend of the World, Soulmate, and Serial Romantic. For example: if no one was walking by the house, he would work on Soulmate, and sometimes Serial Romantic, with Judith. If people were walking by, he would work on Friend of the World. Once Soulmate was complete, Judith was removed from the Club and locked in The Clueless Wife Area while Speedy utilized the Club and The Love Shack to complete Serial Romantic.

Friend of the World was completed at 1:41 AM.
Soulmate was completed at 3:10 AM.
Serial Romantic was completed at 9:48 AM.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2021, 12:13:43 AM »
Congratulations Nandarelle!

My sim competed the aspirations Friend of the World, Serial Romantic, Soulmate, Painter Extraordinare and Fabulously Wealthy. She lived in a tiny house for the quicker skill building and better relationship gains.

Those first 3 aspirations have a fair amount of overlap so long as you're careful to swap between them at the right points. All the friendships for Friend of the World were made using photography and with the Great Kisser reward trait she didn't have to put any time or effort into building the charisma skill required for it and Serial Romantic.

While the town was sleeping that first night she downed a moodlet solver (the first of several) and got through a fair bit of Painter Extraordinare. Once people were up again it was back to finishing off the 2 love aspirations, plus a momentary switch back to FoW to trigger completion once charisma made it to 10.

I was a bit worried that the 5 masterpieces required for the last stage of Painter Extraordinare might be a stumbling block but she got the Creative Visionary trait, stuck to small paintings, and managed to get them done within a day and a half. Maybe her starting trait of Muser helped with that too. Finally she sold off her paintings, photos, plus tons of copies of her paintings, to take care of Fabulously Wealthy.

I did give quite a bit of consideration to whether or not I could do Mansion Baron but I only have some of the packs so all the rich people in my game were already living with other people (and killing off all of someone's family - before marrying and moving in with them - seemed like it would probably be too difficult). So I tried out a number of the possibilities available to me during practice and eventually settled on Painter Extraordinare as my best option to add to the 4 aspirations I'd already picked. And as a bonus it would help me out a bit with Fabulously Wealthy.

It never would have occurred to me to consider Big Happy Family at all though! Nandarelle's account shows I was clearly mistaken to dismiss it without even considering it. I can see now that many of the things that are somewhat time consuming could easily be done by the spouse (ie. the initial adoptions, the birthday cakes for aging up early, etc). I might have to give this another shot just for fun to see how much better I can do with this extra knowledge.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2021, 05:27:39 AM »
With all those discussions we had, I still failed to understand whether we can move into other houses in order to get instant money. So I decided to play safe and avoid it. My aspirations were Friend of the World, Serial Romantic, Soulmate, Leader of the Pack and Party Animal.