Author Topic: The repairman run away  (Read 2803 times)

Offline skybaker

• Townie
The repairman run away
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »
Once I call the repairman to fix the appliance. Then I saw his trunk parked outside the house.
However, he walk along the road in opposite direction of the house. After a long while, he charged me the fine but with nothing done.
I've checked the front door is not locked and the appliance are not blocked by other things.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: The repairman run away
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 12:08:04 PM »
I have never heard of this happening before.  Have you tried more than just this one time?

Maybe it would be a good idea to turn off your game, restart your computer, and then try again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »
After so many times of trying, my sims moved to another house with two broken TVs and call the repairman. This time, he came into the house but only walking around. Then he left by taxi and his truck was still parking outside the house.
Thereafter, I used cheat code to reset the repairman and removed the truck ("resetsim"). Even I tried to let other sims to call the repairman. The results are same even I placed the broken TVs in front of the repairman.
Finally, I trapped him in the new built room with two broken TVs only once he came into the house. At first, he just stood here without any action. After around a hour, he started to do his job but only one TV was repaired. Again, he froze for another hour and repaired another TV.
Honestly, I really want to kill this repairman by trapping him inside the small room (I hope to call another repairman/woman next time). Eventually, he just said, "This is time to leave. Bye" and disappeared from the room (he also forgot to charge the fee)!
The only thing I found is that the repairman dislike one of the sims in the house. But I don't think this is the reason why he refuse to do his job.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:14:09 AM »
Is the TV actually broken, or is it one salvaged from the junk yard?

I only ask because this (almost) sounds like what happens when you try to get them to repair salvaged items.  They won't do that anymore.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:40 AM »
Do you have any mod's or third party custom content installed on your game?  It sounds like a really unusual bug and I'm willing to bet that it's because there something extra that you've installed into your game that's causing it to happen.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
As Aria said, mods or custom content could be the problem.  But I also had this problem after installing Late Night - the repairman would come but left without doing anything.  I eventually uninstalled LN (for other reasons) and that problem went away.  I have no mods or custom content.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

anything