Author Topic: Vacationing when you have animals  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Manderley

• Llama Wrangler
Vacationing when you have animals
« on: August 09, 2021, 12:36:10 PM »
So what happens to your chickens, cows and Llamas when you go on a five day vacation to Granite Falls?  Do they go on automatic pilot or do you come home to find the coop overflowing with eggs?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Vacationing when you have animals
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 01:03:43 PM »
It's just like when you have Cats & Dogs pets, or even just household members who didn't come with you-- they're just sort of on hold while you're gone.  You won't come home to filthy, starving animals and a chicken coop overflowing with spoiled eggs.  When I got to the aspiration goal of foraging 5 times in Bramblewood, well, you have to spend a long time there to make stuff grow, so I rented the vacation house there for a couple nights.  The animals were fine when I came home, they hadn't been neglected for a couple days.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 03:58:22 PM »
@Brian_Z Searching/digging around the snail in the maze also counts for foraging. That makes it a bit easier to fulfill that task.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 01:03:47 AM »
Thanks, I didn't know that!  I did discover that searching a log for frogs counts, but there's like one that spawns, and you can't really count on finding it every time you visit.  Fishing doesn't count, I haven't tried searching for frogs at the wide spot in the river, never thought of it when I had that goal.