Author Topic: Sims Gallery/My Library Can't Find Certain Items  (Read 4238 times)

Offline dreamspinner3

• Nooboo
Sims Gallery/My Library Can't Find Certain Items
« on: June 04, 2021, 07:15:21 PM »
I'm having a problem with My Gallery, specifically the My Library tab. Some items have a red x over them and others have a llama for picture and when I click on them, I get an error message that says, "Could Not Locate This Item". How do I get rid of these items from My Gallery/My Library? Some are old lots, others are old sims I created a long time ago.

1.My CPU is a AMB Ryzon 5 1600, my system has 16GB of RAM, my video card is a Nvidia GE Force 1060 with 6GB of RAM Driver 466.63 updated today, and my system is Windows 10.
2. I started by deleting the cache files, that didn't help.
3. I removed all custom content, that didn't help.
4. I renamed my Sims folder and forced the game to generate a new Sims 4 folder and tested it, the problem didn't happen then, but I did not have my Save files, Mods & CC, or tray files in the game.
5. I put my save files back into the game, the problem didn't happen.
6.  :-\  I then put my tray files back in the game and that is when the problem happened. :-[
7. I then added my Mods and CC back into the game, the problem still happened.
8. I have the show hidden content box checked and also made sure that my firewall and anti-virus software is allowing the Origin software and the Sims software through to the internet.

So, the problem has something to do with my tray file, but I have no idea how to go about fixing it. Can anyone suggest some help?

Thank you.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims Gallery/My Library Can't Find Certain Items
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 08:17:38 PM »
An issue with Anti-Virus software blocking player's Sims 4 folder [where screenshots, library/gallery files and mods are stored] is still affecting many players. - Example, Red X's instead of photos in the library. This is being mentioned because it's still affecting the in-game gallery.

Please see this post from Crinrict for more details.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695

If you feel it's not an anti-virus issue, please see Crinrict's Gallery Connection Troubleshooting post for more troubleshooting tips.

Gallery Connection Troubleshooting
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Gallery-Connection-Troubleshooting-Status-Online/td-p/9514109
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dreamspinner3

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 12:08:02 PM »
Thank you, I'll check out these out.

Offline dreamspinner3

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 12:38:40 PM »
I tried the troubleshooting suggestions on these two threads and, unfortunately, neither helped.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 12:47:31 PM »
Take out just your tray folder. This folder contains your Sims and lots.

Before you do, If you have any new lots or Sims you want to save re-add them to the game and then re-save them to the library. That's the easiest way I found to fix the Red X or Can't Find Certain Items Issue.

You may want to check over at the Official Sims 4 forum to see if anyone else has any suggestions on how to fix this. They may have found an easier way.

If you'd rather not do that You might try posting at AHQ's Sims 4 Tech Help Board for more help.

AHQ's Sims Tech Help Board:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Sign in with your EA account, click the New Topic button, up near the top of the board, to make a new post.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline dreamspinner3

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 01:07:45 PM »
Thank you for your help.  I'll see what I can do.  I appreciate everything!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 01:15:36 PM »
You're welcome!! I'm happy to help. Thanks for explaining in detail what you've tried. That is very helpful.

Also when I re-read that you added back in the Tray folder - and that's when the problem came back that reminded me of the time that happened to me. -- Though I was actually trying to do the glitch on purpose to see how to fix it.

Anyway, this is an older article, but it maybe useful in organizing the Tray Folder.

How-To: Organize the Files in the Tray Folder
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26535.msg442817#msg442817

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything