Author Topic: Camera Stuck Outside  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Ragirl243

• Nooboo
Camera Stuck Outside
« on: April 08, 2021, 01:28:21 AM »
Ive only been playing the game for a few days now, so I'm not completely familiar with the controls or if what I'm experiencing is normal, but I've been running into a strange issue that I've seen no mention of anywhere. Whenever I load in a lot from the gallery, the camera is stuck on the outside of the building and I can't see inside it at all. My sims can enter no problem and act like normal, but the camera can't follow and I just end up staring at the roof or a doorway. Does anyone know what's going on and how I could fix it?? I only own the base game and I'm careful to only attempt to load lots that use base game content only, but I honestly have no clue what could have caused this.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Camera Stuck Outside
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 01:40:29 AM »
The first thing that comes to mind, is that you're probably looking at the 3rd or 4th floor-- meaning the roof in most cases.  Up in the camera controls in the top right, there's a set of up/down arrows.  Click down and you should be able to see what's going on.  Or, click on your sim's thumbnail, and the camera will snap to them and jump to the right level to see them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Camera Stuck Outside
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 06:11:31 AM »
In live mode, when visiting residential lots, by default you can't see inside the building until a sim "knocks on door". If no one lives there, you can't enter and can't see inside.

If you placed the house with sims already visiting the lot, then they might have access to the house, but your camera doesn't.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

anything