Author Topic: Calling All High Achievers  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: Calling All High Achievers
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 07:19:53 PM »
Finished with 1,450 points.  This ended up taking much longer than I expected.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2021, 10:25:07 AM »
It's close to the deadline, and I'm a bit burnt out after playing for the last three hours, so I'm going to call it here.  I made it to Saturday of week 1 at 11:21 am with a score of 1275.  It was a fun challenge, but soooo much pausing and queuing and then they do something else and pause and queue again.  Not my favorite way to play, but I gave it a go.  I'm really looking forward to the next challenge though.  Thanks again to the challenge team for always coming up with fun and interesting challenges that suit all different play styles.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2021, 05:07:33 PM »
After a long long sunday hunting achievements i can finally turn in my score of 3965.
I for fun went back to 2 years ago to see what my score was there and must schokingly say its the same number. Even though its not the same achivements. Thats simply to funny.

I am starting a new job tomorrow so i might not be able to post my strategy before late tomorrow, or tuesday depending on how many assignments i will get.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2021, 05:23:51 PM »
Great job, Lena.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2021, 06:00:35 PM »
2990 points for me

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2021, 07:27:01 PM »
1600 points for me. I ran out of time. I shouldn't have waited until the last minute to start this. Had planned on a three day weekend, but ended up working two of the three. It was a fun challenge for sure.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 02:32:08 AM »
My household made 27 achievements with total points of 1095.
Cynthia

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 05:55:49 AM »
This challenge is now over. Congrats to Lena on the win. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 05:02:24 AM »
I started with a male YA Alien. Immediately after starting the game, I used Manage Households to add Geeta and Raj Rasoya, Diego Lobo, Octavia Moon and Jesminder Bheeda (pregnant), thus making a 7-slot household, and I left one slot free.

One of my main goals was to get the 'Ambitious' achievement which is given when you complete all the aspirations from the base game. Long story short - I failed because of a super stupid mistake of mine: I forgot to start working on plants for the Freelancer Botanist aspiration ('evolve 10 excellent plants' for milestone 4) right from the start and only realised it on Tuesday of Week 2 when it was too late. If I didn't make this mistake, I would have gotten the achievement, because I completed all the rest of the aspirations. So I'll still continue describing the process of completing them for your reference.

Geeta Rasoya was needed for both of the family aspirations, because she already has a son (Raj) who has a high level in his career. She got Connections and started working on the Doctor career from level 4, but she never managed to get past level 6, and I also didn't meet any higher-level doctors at her workplace. So I also failed to get the 'Patients Are a Virtue' achievement :( Raj stayed for the whole game, first completing the Chef career, then the Astronaut one, and also completed a lot of aspirations. Octavia was working on the Writer career and a corresponding aspiration, Diego only needed to get Comedy skill level 10 and completed the Joke Star aspiration, then left the household. Jesminder gave birth to a baby who was meant to get 'The Circle of Life' achievement when she dies, but she was a healthy lady and didn't die in time :( She was doing the music aspiration and I decided not to give her a career because I thought she needed a lot of time for the 75 hours of music, but it turned out that she had more than enough time left when she was done, so it was my mistake, again. Jesminder herself joined the Detective career, met a level 10 detective at work and invited her to join our household, but I didn't get the achievement... I'm not sure whether this is a glitch or not. I had to quit the career, then rejoin from level 9 and use the wishing well, but it took ages and she never got a 'white' outcome. In fact, she ended up being fired :( Good thing that I had one more level 10 detective acquaintance by that time, so I switched them and gambled with the well again - finally, at the end of week 2, I succeeded. As for Jesminder, after quitting the detective career, she worked on the romance aspirations, mixology-related achievements and 'The Black Widow' one.

Later in the game, some sims were leaving and some were joining. We also had Jacques Villareal (Criminal career), Lily Feng (Business career), Dirk Dreamer (Tech career), Baako Jang (Entertainer career), Oliana Ngata (Athlete career), Anaya Jang (Painter career) and Gerbert Landgraab (Secret Agent career, but he didn't reach max in time, so I missed the 'I, Spy' and the 'Knack of All Trades' :'() I also added the Heckings' dog for the three Simstagram achievements, and the Hermit for the 'No Longer Solitary' and the 'Nature’s Couse'.

I'll also add some tricks:
- For the 8 ghosts in the household achievement, you don't need to kill sims. It's achievable by everyone drinking the Ghost Goo serum which the scientist can make. But the 'Ghostly' one can't be achieved this way, you need to literally kill a sim;
- For the 'Double life', an alien needs to propose to a sim, then use the 'Erase memory' ability - both bars will become empty, but the 'Marry' option will remain. After you click it, you get the achievement;
- For the 'Triple game', which is pretty much impossible otherwise, you can use a pet instead of a sim (I discovered it too late, though).

And now onto what I failed, not counting the ones I've already talked about:
- 'Vengeful Diety' - I am still not sure which types of death do count, because overexertion on elders doesn't. And I didn't use Pufferfish Nigiri because I was afraid to lose the sims I need;
- Both the emotion-related ones - I'm still not sure how to trigger 'staying Normal for 48 hours' because sometimes I get it in my games when no one has definitely been Normal for 48 hours without interruption... and for 'Basketcase', which used to seem very easy, I somehow also failed;
- Gathering fruit from 50 wild plants - also started too late.

So, a score over 4,000 is definitely doable. If you're curious, a current potential maximum for the whole game with all expansion packs is 4,875.

Offline Delokkpsi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2021, 12:34:57 PM »
I had a crazy busy couple of weeks, so I was planning on knocking this challenge out over the weekend.  Unfortunately, I had to spend from 11am Saturday to 3:30am Sunday working on an unexpected project for work.  After spending 13 hours sitting in front of a computer on what should have been my day off, I just couldn't find the will to turn my computer back on!  Around 7pm I decided to see how many achievements I could get before midnight. What I learned is that I suck at playing large households! Lol.  I gave up at 11pm & ended up with a measly 120 points.  What an embarrassment!   

Nikitachi – I’m always fascinated to see how you play these challenges.  Your strategy summaries are so detailed and full of tips & tricks I would never have considered.  Thanks.

And thanks Tournament Moderators.  These challenges are making me a better player and making Sims 4 fun again. 

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 02:05:42 PM »
Finally some time to write down abit of what i did.
I originally had planned i wanted to go for the max points of 4875 but could quickly see some of it would just not be possible in time.
So i went in an found my strategy from 2 years ago, which i had detailed alot, and right now i wish i would have been just as detailed when writing notes while playing, but that is not the case.
I set myself the goal to beat my score from two year ago. And it should have worked. But instead i landed on the same score, though with different achivements :P

Let me write down the achivements i did not manage to get as that is easier than the other way around:
For the Hoard! - Complete all collections. (Maybe i could have gotten it, but I should have worked towards it earlier then)
Harvested Interest - Harvest from 50 wild plants in The Sims 4 - (I forgot to get the last few...)
Honorary SimGuru - Play the Sims 4 for 100 hours - (Played alot but it did not count for 100 hours)
Legendary Legacy - Play a household for 100 generations or more - (100 would have taken to long)
Triple Play - Have a Sim give birth to triplets - (I did not remember pets would count for it)
Vengeful Diety - Kill off 10 of your Sims via unnatural causes - (Could have gone for the last but it was time consuming compared to points)
Critter Catcher - Collect all the insects and all the new fish in Granite Falls - (Time wise not something i would go for)
Tastes like Burning - Have a Sim consume every type of toxic plant - (Same as above)
Carried Away - Have Sims be abducted by Aliens 3 times - (Happend twice in a night, and then they never came back)
Serial Monogamist - Perform Marriages in 20 Unique Households - (I dont really know why it counted for some and not for others)
Very Special Delivery - Have a male sim give birth to an alien baby - (Had planned for it, and space for it, but it never happend)
Autopsy-Turvy - Perform Surgery on an Alien - (Did not play the doctor enough to get the chance)
Death of a Salesman - Have a Sim die while running a store - (Forgot about this untill it was to late)
View all Myshune Meadows Sculpturs - - (Same as above)
Simstagram Celbrity - Have 1500 Simstagram followers (Simply started it to late)
Polar Bear Club - Have a sim go for a swim while its freezing - (I was to focused on my plant so didnt want to change the weather)
Aspirational - Complete every Aspiration in The Sims 4 - (This requires planning, and a few things in the end i realised i started to late)
Baby Boom - Have 400 babies across all your sims - (To much work compared to points)
What Makes a Sim Turn Neutral - Have a sim stay in the fine emotion for 48 hours straight - (Each time i thought i had it the same turned happy!)

That was a way longer text than i wanted it to be. Time is running away from me and i will add more details later.