Author Topic: How do I search in a forum thread?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
How do I search in a forum thread?
« on: April 21, 2021, 09:13:05 AM »
I am looking for the option to search in a forum thread. I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I haven't found it. I see the search option but it searches the whole forum and I wanted to narrow the search to a certain posted topic/thread. Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: How do I search in a forum thread?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 10:51:14 AM »
As far as I know it's not a function in the SMF forum platform. I still have to search long threads for dynasty purposes so is using ctrl+f to find a term on every page. Though I have a good memory of when things were posted so I can narrow down hundreds of pages into 20 by checking the date of any thread page's first post.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 12:00:30 PM »
Aww, ok well thanks for the tip.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 09:36:26 PM »
Yeah, Trip's right about SMF. Best you can do here is use search with a narrowed date range by suggesting the search between x days using the boxes at the bottom of search... or you could use Google and try a search for site:carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/ and "put in quotes" the thread's exact title. This would probably be the best way. Google has the whole forum indexed, so if you search the exact title of the thread you are in you might have some luck. The site: part will restrict it to this area of the website.

Hope this helps!