Author Topic: Creative Solutions Needed - Regarding Sims Stories!  (Read 1707 times)

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
Creative Solutions Needed - Regarding Sims Stories!
« on: January 24, 2021, 09:38:57 PM »
Hey, guys! It has been a long while since I've been here. I have a strange question and I was wondering if anyone had any good solutions to this potential problem: I began a Legacy Story on the Sims 3 forum many moon ago. Life happened, as it is wont to do, and I was unable to continue to update it. I took multiple stills with plans to update and still have those stills. The story still has a direction in my head. However, I no longer have The Sims 3, and am currently playing The Sims 4. I want to continue this story, but don't have more to add to it from The Sims 3 outside of the already taken screenshots. I know the forums here are broken into Sims 3 and Sims 4, but I am wondering how strict those guidelines are. Can I open up my old thread from the Graveyard and continue posting updates from The Sims 4 to the same story? Can I create a new story in the Sims 4 forum and add in some shots from The Sims 3 that I had taken previously? Or do I open up the thread from the graveyard, post the few updates, and then transition to The Sims 4 forum and continue there? All of this seems clunky and not exactly what I want.

Any thoughts? I am open to some creative solutions! Thanks as always, Sims Community!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Creative Solutions Needed!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 09:58:41 PM »
There's only a few Simmers that have done something like this. Since you're story is more Sims 4 related you could start a new story thread in the Sims 4 Stories: Legacy and Dynasty

Explain a little bit about the situation with a link back to the previous story, share your Sims 3 screenshots, then go on to start the chapters in Sims 4.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 10:06:21 PM »
Yeah, something that narratively teleports a character or the household (recreated in Sims 4 glory) into a new place might work.  Or perhaps maybe whoever was the next heir is moving away from the family abode and striking out on their own in a new setting might be the Sims 4 transition?
A bit more time intensive might be re-creating scenes from the original dynasty with Sims 4 features and characters to do the "last time on our show" sort of intro bit that a lot of TV series' use these days.    I don't know, those are just my suggestions.  But yes, I think ifit's being continued in Sims 4 format, it should definitely appear in those threads. 
And welcome back!!!!

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 10:12:37 PM »
Awesome! Thanks, guys! I appreciate it. Those are both great places from me to start from for getting myself back into the story.

I've just been thinking about this Legacy off and on for the last like 6 years.

anything