Author Topic: A Question About Ambrosia  (Read 1977 times)

Offline owlsight

• Llama Wrangler
A Question About Ambrosia
« on: January 01, 2021, 12:02:27 PM »
 My Sim finally has all the ingrediants for ambrosia. She also has the Potion of Prompt Resurrection. I am wondering if she needs the ambrosia.  Is the ambrosia a potion that she would keep in her inventory?

Happy New Year everyone!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Question About Ambrosia
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 06:01:02 PM »
@owlsight

Ambrosia is a one-serving dish that never spoils. It can be consumed by a sim who didn't prepare it.
Unlike the potion you mentioned, Ambrosia resets the sim's age bar to Day 1 of their current life stage, so I think you should keep them both for different purposes.
You can read about both of them in the appropriate pages of Carl's Guide.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: A Question About Ambrosia
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 07:35:07 PM »
Since you have a spellcaster, you don't really have any need for ambrosia. 
Potion of Prompt Resurrection- Drink this BEFORE you do something sketchy, such as continuing your climb up the mountain after you've gotten hurt.  It does fail a lot, but when it succeeds, if you die you just get right back up again.  This does have to be drunk BEFORE something happens, if you die it's too late to try to drink it.
Potion of Rejuvenation- Will reset your days in current age span to day 1, just like a Potion of Youth.
De-Deathify spell- turns a ghost into a living sim.  Which is what Ambrosia does, but you don't need ingredients or anything.

Now, if your other sims aren't spellcasters, they aren't going to be able to use magical means to bring back your spellcaster, and maybe they SHOULD have Death Flowers and or Ambrosia handy.  Or if somebody's a writer, bind a Book of Life to them.  Potions and spells can be given to/cast on a non-spellcaster though.