Author Topic: My female sim looks nothing like her parents is this normal?  (Read 1868 times)

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
My female teen sim 3 Elizabeth, Who is nearly a young adult looks nothing like her either of her parents, I noticed she when aged up to a child, that she looked different when i saw pictures of her auntie Anna, I realized she looks just like her she got her looks from one of her aunties she hasn't got any of her parents looks whatsever how did this happen most offsprings look like their parents but not Elizabeth how is this even possible.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: My female sim looks nothing like her parents is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 09:11:30 AM »
Two possibilities in my mind:

1. She got features from her parents but it's not as obvious as it is with some other sims.

2. I've had children bug out and revert to the EA "pudding face" (all facial sliders set to zero) when reset, especially when using MasterController's "Reset Sim" option on toddlers or children. Since sim kids kind of look the same anyways before they grow up, it can be hard to catch when it happens.

Please don't let this make you fear using that mod, its reset sim feature is fantastic and saves more than it harms even on kids. Plus you can rescue them with the same mod's "Play With Genetics" feature.

Do you have pictures of everyone?

EDIT: There's a setting in Nraas StoryProgression that lets Sims draw facial blends from their grandparents but as far as I know, you have to turn that on manually and expect it...
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
Re: My female sim looks nothing like her parents is this normal?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 12:35:46 PM »
I saw pictures of her auntie one of her auntie this is her 2nd auntie, and she looks like a twin of her, This auntie of her's has light brown hair, and blue eyes.