Author Topic: CC Skintones not appearing in CAS  (Read 16923 times)

Offline ReluctantRen

• Nooboo
CC Skintones not appearing in CAS
« on: November 05, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »
Hello, first time posting so I hope you can help <3

I've noticed this issue start in the past few days and have never seen anything like it, when playing my old TS2 or on TS4. When I go into the main CAS to move a family in, everything is there as it should be but if I select a sim to Modify in CAS, all the custom Skintones are gone. I use cas.fulleditmode but they still don't show up while everything else does. Even more, the red and green Skintones from the Batuu pack also don't show, neither does the white/purple ome from Magic.

I've tried removing mods and cc and re-installing, I've removed all cc Skintones and tried but the Batuu skins were still missing, I've cleared cache. No matter what, the 'interesting' Skintones are just gone but everything else is fine. I don't know if this is due to the new skintone slider feature that is coming out and the game is already edited slightly, but it's started in the past few days and even MCCC can't get around it.

tysm for reading, hopefully there's a solution because I like to edit townies!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: CC Skintones not appearing in CAS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 09:08:37 PM »
You mentioned uninstalling/reinstalling, but didn't say if you did it one by one as part of troubleshooting. Clear cache each time you add another skin in, and test to see if they show up. If not, try that.

Sims 4 - How-To: Fix Problems with Mods/CC
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

If they aren't showing up you may want to check with Creator's site to see if there's any troubleshooting tips.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ReluctantRen

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 09:20:35 PM »
I first did it one piece at a time, just the Skintones, and all of it. No option worked unfortunately. It also did not bring back the game skins from the expansion packs.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 09:26:44 PM »
To be able to get regular game skins back you may need to create a new folder as a way of resetting the game.

To Reset the Sims 4 Folder:

Do this by moving or renaming the Sims 4 folder in the Documents folder
[C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4]

The game will create a new Sims 4 folder next time you launch/play the game.

Do not add any saves or mods back just yet. You want to make sure the game skins show up in CAS first. If they do, then start copying back the files and folders described in the link below:

Files and Folders To Add Back In
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#post_FF2AB

-- When you move or rename the Sims 4 folder, the game will no longer be able to find it. When you go to play the game it will create a new folder.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 09:28:25 PM »
Just a question: is your sim an occult?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ReluctantRen

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 09:30:55 PM »
Yes, they are; I was editing the townies in the magical world because they were too boring for me. When I edited L Faba all the skin tones were there but then for the Charm Family they were gone.

EDIT: I checked my human sims and their cc is fine, I searched for issues with spellcaster sims and other people have this issue with no fix that I can see.

Thank you both for the help <<<3

Offline Vik1996

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 01:46:37 AM »
There is actually a mod that has the CF skin tones appear with the new skin tones in CAS. It's on modthesims, check it out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything