Author Topic: 2020 Tournament Finale: Ghost Family  (Read 19225 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2020 Tournament Finale: Ghost Family
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2020, 06:30:31 AM »
This event is now closed. And that puts the wraps on the 2020 season. Grats to Nandarelle on winning the Finale...everyone is free to discuss strategy. I'll work up the final World Ranking and make official prize announcements later today.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2020, 08:54:07 AM »
Thank you, Metro!
This is my first challenge win, and it's a delightful surprise.
I'm at work now, but I'll be able to say more about strategy etc. later today.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »
Thank you, Metro!
This is my first challenge win, and it's a delightful surprise.
I'm at work now, but I'll be able to say more about strategy etc. later today.

I was wondering if that was your first win. Grats. :) Since the Finale counts as two events you may have jumped ahead of Elinoee in the ranking. We'll have to see after I am done.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2020, 03:09:51 PM »
Congratulations Nandarelle and Nikitachi!

I had a three part "aha" moment on this one.  Unfortunately, the parts were separated by several sim-days each and I lost a few days by not getting all the way through the thought quicker.
My strategy was not great, but I did want to share this - but my three-part aha went something like this: I knew I wanted a spellcaster because they could get the "overcharge" death as a unique death.  I haven't played very much with spellcasters, though.  It worked in my test files.

Aha! number 1: Spellcasters can make ghosts show up on command!
This was not something I'd known before - or even during testing, because I don't play with ghosts or spellcasters. Turns out, that was really handy when it came time to start turning tombstones into playable ghosts.

Aha! number 2: Spellcasters who can't get tense can't overcharge!
In my test files, I'd given the spellcaster the mixology aspiration, which took forever.  So in the game file, I decided to give her the beach-bum (or whatever) aspiration.  Which is fast and made it impossible for her to get tense.  So, she spent a good few days at "dangerously overcharged" during which time, she built a lot of spellcasting ability - including the ability to make ghosts show up on command.  But it did mean she had to find another way to die.

Aha! number 3: Maybe it would be a good idea to have a backup spellcaster to get the first spellcaster's ghost to show up!
Not figuring that out faster added a few days of waiting/working after the spellcaster finally locked herself in a room for self-immolation.

Again - it was fun.  I got to work on aspirations, which I never do outside of these challenges, and I have new ideas for many of them.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2020, 03:43:15 PM »
Not really a strategy as such but my favourite moment during my own game was when I sent Nancy ,who luckily had completed her requirements, to go try and use the weather changer machine thing to make it cold enough to kill Marcus ended up getting fried in the process.
This was for sure one of my favourite challenges.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2020, 04:04:38 PM »
I didn't know about the Spellcasters ability to make ghosts show up on demand.  I was getting maybe one ghost out each night, so had to wait out a full week to get each one back into the household.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2020, 04:25:55 PM »
Just a general note to any Sims reading this: if you prank call the Grim Reaper, is it really surprising that you later die in a fire?

This has become quite the wall of text...

I only recently got Realm of Magic, and it really came in handy for this challenge. Especially because of the Necrocall spell, as noted above by SueDenim. (I found this spell after wondering how Nikitachi could have been so fast ;) )

One of the first things was to update my townie and aspirations spreadsheets (yes, I have those), and make a list of death types. I marked a couple of feasible deaths  - more than 8, so if one failed, I could try another. (And sure enough, all my Sims refused to freeze to death.)
I knew I wanted to have at least a spellcaster and a vampire, because of their specific death types. I chose the rest of the household based on how easily they’d be able to complete an aspiration.

With regards to spellcasters, my initial idea was to get two of the mages. They have really high magic level, so it would be easy for them to complete both magic aspirations. But it turns out, you can’t ask them to join your household. You can move them in at marriage, but that was no option in this challenge.

Below is my list of Sims, aspirations, and death types. (I’m translating from my Dutch notes, so please excuse any mistakes.)

Memento Mori            Incredibly rich            Steam
Minerva Charm          Spells and sorcery       Overcharge
Vladislaus Straud       Leader of the pack      Sunlight
Judith Ward               Mansion baron            Pufferfish
Bjorn Bjergsen           Bodybuilder                Overexertion
Penny Pizzazz            Friend of the World     Drowning
Jacques Villareal        Public enemy              Scent of death
Baako Jang                Joke Star
Geoffrey Landgraab    Chief of Mischief         Fire                  (later addition)

Memento’s first order of business was to collect the household. The first was Penny, so she could then introduce herself to as many Sims as possible right away. All friendships were established using photography. Judith, Bjorn and Baako are generally in the options of Sims to add in a club, so Memento started a club and so gathered these Sims. Jacques was easily summoned by joining the club he’s in and starting a meeting. So only Vlad and Minerva needed a house call.
They moved in with Judith and everyone did most of Mansion Baron for points, and then she completed that. Memento completed Incredibly rich.
The family briefly visited the gym, so Bjorn could work out, and then went to the magic realm. Minerva worked on her aspiration, and Memento became a spellcaster (the idea being that he could learn necrocall to summon Minerva’s ghost). Minerva did not yet know the necrocall spell, but she learned when working on her aspiration. Someone also visited the store and bought a potion of reconfiguration.

The household then moved from Del Sol Valley to Brindleton Bay for the colder weather (it was winter), and build a tiny house (less tiny after I bought a sauna). Memento worked on his magic a bit, before the watcher unsuccessfully tried to freeze him. I bought a food stall, hired a worker, and had Judith order some pufferfish. When she knew the recipe, she cooked a bad batch of it. She survived the first plate she ate, but the second was fatal.
Everyone else worked on their aspirations. There was a main household club, mostly for Vlad’s aspiration. Minerva also started a small spellcaster club for her duels, and Penny started a club just to meet new friends (who could be instantly summoned to the lot).
Meanwhile, Vlad was also working on his flower arranging skills (which, to my chagrin, is not a possible club activity).
After midnight, there was another visit to the magic real. This time, the store had what I was after: death flowers.

Memento was gracious enough to die in the sauna, even though he stopped relaxing several times to check his phone. Minerva now knew the necrocall, so the ghosts of Judith and Memento were able to rejoin the household relatively easily.
I used moodlet solvers for needs (everybody had plenty of points at this points), and the crystal crown to get read of sad moodlets from all the deaths.

Soon, I was able to have Penny go for a long swim (with a fence around the pool).
Bjorn baked himself a cake, had a birthday, then invited his wife over for some exerting activities.

Baako was working hard on his comedy skill, and I wanted to buy him some reward traits to help. This is when I selected Incredibly rich, which autocompleted. That was a problem, because that was Memento’s aspiration. So Baako had to leave the household (he did complete his aspiration), and presumably lived happily ever after.
I decided at this point that Chief of Mischief was a good aspiration to pursue, and Geoffrey Landgraab already has mischief 6, so I moved him in.

Minerva drank the potion to get rid of the magic perks that allowed her to discharge. She then used the charge interaction and practiced spells, so that she died of overcharge.
Ghostly Memento had been working on his spells, eventually also learned the necrocall, and so was able to summon Minerva’s ghost.
Vlad completed his aspiration and reached level 9 of flower arranging at nearly the same time, so he made a nice bouquet using a death flower for Jacques, who immediately died.
Then Vlad could finally be out in the sun, where he died. (I actually had to put in an effort to keep him alive until this point.
Last to finish was Geoffrey – he was the one to prank call Grim. Minerva ‘helped’ him, by starting fires in the house. I did need to get the rest of the household of the lot to stop them from putting the fires out.
After he died, everyone came home to put the still burning fire out – the casters wouldn’t call his spirit otherwise. But then he was also straightforwardly added to the household.

So, that was my rather long account of this challenge.
It was so much fun to plan this out. It didn’t all go smoothly, but I guess the hiccups occurred at convenient times and didn’t cause much delay.
And I wonder: did anyone use the Murphy bed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2020, 04:36:28 PM »
I used the murphy bed but it took hours of him opening and closing it before he finally was crushed.

I couldn't get anyone to die from emotions or from weather
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2020, 08:58:36 PM »
In normal games, I've accidentally killed more than a few times with a murphy bed.  I had 3 potential victims, but I couldn't get a single murphy bed to malfunction in my game file, so I had to find other ways - I ended up having my jokestar ghost tell another sim jokes until she died of hysteria.  The silver lining is that ghosts who died via murphy bed will not sleep in a bed again - they just mope tired around the house and nap on non-bed places and break them.

Also, among the things you learn quickly with the 100-baby challenge is that teenagers frequently come home mortified and enraged, and if you age them up before calming them down, they die.  Of course, during this challenge, my teenager came home every day happy and fulfilled.  Teenagers are such a disappointment.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2020, 04:13:21 AM »
I only recently got Realm of Magic, and it really came in handy for this challenge. Especially because of the Necrocall spell, as noted above by SueDenim. (I found this spell after wondering how Nikitachi could have been so fast ;) )

True! :D (and that is why I always think that posting a good score early isn't good for yourself - you make everyone start thinking harder :D)

My strategy was pretty much similar. The only difference in deaths was Electrocution instead of Death Flower - I didn't know that you can buy a Death Flower anywhere.

Also, among the things you learn quickly with the 100-baby challenge is that teenagers frequently come home mortified and enraged, and if you age them up before calming them down, they die.

Wow, didn't know this either! If I knew, I would have used this trick and probably get a better score. Oh well :D

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2020, 06:57:59 PM »
...I found out about Necrocall three days after I submitted my score, which served me right for actually trying to get a challenge wrapped up nice and early for once...

One of the things I appreciated most about this challenge was how it felt like a lot of the strategising I'd done for the tournament's other challenges came in to play once again, almost as if it were a big summing up of what I'd learnt - I used my skill list from the Skillathon, the Meet-And-Greet trick from Turning The Townies, and the research into aspirations that I'd done to prep for Elder Traitsman. The other thing I appreciated, if only after the fact, was how much of a madcap scramble the whole thing became when stuff stopped working out the way I'd planned. I place all the blame squarely on the shoulders of Caleb Vatore.

Here was the plan that I came out of testing with, listing sims in order of addition to the household - originally I'd wanted Geoffrey to do Chief Of Mischief much like Nandarelle, with Nancy on Soulmate and Malcolm on Mansion Baron, but I decided that, once I'd collected everyone I needed, I really didn't want to be leaving the lot at any point, so having to nip out clog drains was not ideal:

Casper MullhollandFriend Of The WorldHysteria
Diego LoboFabulously WealthyMortification
Caleb VatoreLeader Of The PackDrowning / Murphy Bed / etc.
Lilith VatoreBodybuilderSunlight
Penny PizzazzRenaissance SimDrowning / Murphy Bed / Overheating / Pufferfish
Geoffrey LandgraabSoulmateOverexertion
Nancy LandgraabMansion BaronCardiac Explosion
Malcolm LandgraabSerial RomanticDrowning / Murphy Bed / Overheating / Pufferfish

Penny's starting skills were almost perfect for Renaissance Sim, but that wasn't the only reason I wanted to bring her in. See, she starts out high up in the Social Media career... except she doesn't have a social media profile set up! She can gain massive amounts of fame just by doing so and streaming her playing games a couple of times... which, hey, she's gotta level up that skill for her aspiration, so why not? And then the Meet-And-Greet trick I developed for Radu Cioban in the Turning The Townies challenge comes into play: a celebrity can invite anyone they've ever met to one, in this case including ghosts! Once Penny reached two stars of fame, she was able to host events specifically designed to drag ghosts back into the household, and since she'd only ever built relationships with people in her household (and the repair technician that swung by, come to think of it), there were no other fans who could gatecrash.

As with the Necrocall strategy, you may notice that the above has a slight problem - how does Penny get re-added to the household? I figured I could have Casper become a celebrity too; I bought him a drone that he constantly livestreamed from (and made him a Geek to get the +10 Happy moodlet...), had him level Charisma through vlogging, and upload a whole bunch of selfies to Simstagram too. And hey, I checked in a separate file to my practice run - a ghost can call in a Meet-And-Greet, so that should all work out, right? Except... while a ghost can organise a Meet-And-Greet on their phone, they cannot be designated as the event's celebrity. Because reasons. I mean, surely a Meet-And-Greet with a famous ghost is a more enticing prospect than one with a regular old flesh-and-blood B-Lister?! So yeah, that was a fun thing to discover...

Anyway, that's all by-the-by: the actual problem that I had was... well, okay, the first problem I had was this:

Nancy would not react to Geoffrey cheating on her with Caleb. She wouldn't even flinch. In testing, she flew off the handle the moment she walked in on him kissing Don Lothario's hands (he'd been hired to man the Japanese food stall and just... never left?) but in the real run? Eh. Whatever. It was the same pairing as I'd used to complete Soulmate in practice, just the other way round... but that can't have been it, can it? Regardless, what actually happened was that, after witnessing several kisses being exchanged between her husband and another man, Nancy decided (autonomously!) to flirt with Geoffrey... and it was Caleb who got upset that his "soulmate" was straying. Just brilliant. So, Nancy's death had to be switched out with someone else's, and fortunately I remembered that getting left at the altar bestows a +5 Angry moodlet (courtesy the Not So Berry challenge) which, combined with a voodoo poke, would be enough to make someone properly Enraged. So fine, guess Penny's getting almost-hitched to Casper, 'cause she's the only sim left alive who can both get married and succumb to an emotional death and he's the only one who's got the time to spare.

Second problem: I'd ruled out Death By Steam in testing because I just could not get sims to stay "relaxing" in the sauna for long enough to actually die, even if they were locked in there. Death by Overheating still seemed good, though, especially since I was going to be in Oasis Springs for its summer sun anyway. Obviously, Monday morning dawned nice and cloudy, so Penny had to add Handiness to her skillset and use the weather machine to make it (a) blue skied and clear & (b) a heatwave once again, helped out by the repair technician I mentioned earlier. This did Lilith in as expected, and I had Malcolm & Nancy locked up in their cold weather gear, repeatedly opening and closing Murphy Beds, with Caleb waiting for the sharks in the water garden to get hungry enough that he might "drown" in it. And then I stopped play for the evening... of course, when you reload the game, it automatically changes people out of any inappropriate outfits, such as ones that might be gradually grilling them, and because it was now a heatwave, folks should obviously be wearing their hot weather gear. Blergh.

Third problem: Caleb would not drown. He just wouldn't. I wondered if perhaps I should be chucking a sim with lower needs into the pool, so swapped him out for Nancy, who hadn't had one of the moodlet solvers I'd milked from (the increasingly late) Diego since the morning. Nancy did have the decency to eventually drown, shortly after Malcolm got squished by the bed, so that meant Caleb was left with Diego's pufferfish supply. It was four plates that I began to suspect something was up; the internet informs me Death By Pufferfish is 50-50, and although 1/16 is still about 6%, it's beginning to get significant... and yep, of course, vampires are immune to poisioning too, just like they're immune to emotion- and temperature-related deaths. Fantastic. Every death left that I've prepared for is either emotional or pufferfish, so the question is: which is quicker, getting the sauna to co-operate or curing Caleb of vampirism? I figured it would be the latter, and I even tried to set him on fire in the meantime - Penny's cooking skill was already level 8 for her aspiration, so I had her kick it up a notch so that she could make Dragon's Breath ice cream. I gave Caleb a whole bunch to work through while he was reading and locked him in a room with a fireplace on top of a rug, and an incense burner on top of the fireplace, none of which led to any more than the usual amount of flame. He did eventually discover, make and take the vampirism cure... and then proceeded to survive seven plates of pufferfish back-to-back. As I said when I submitted my score, that has a likelihood of <1%. My reaction, measured as always, was to suddenly become highly engaged with the (semi-)productive stuff I was arguably supposed to be doing at the time, on the grounds that it was somehow the more palatable activity, and therefore cannot possibly be said to have rage-quit.

...anyway, when I eventually returned to the game, the situation resolved itself almost instantly:

Count those empty plates, folks. One on the fireplace plus six on the bar makes seven. Seven empty plates. Boy am I glad that I had Diego make two lots of pufferfish while he was on the verge of peeing his pants, if only 'cause I needed to kill time before I could, uh, kill him. And of course, I'd had to keep Casper alive until Caleb perished so that he could get him back with a Meet-And-Greet, so I then had to get him to pop his clogs from Hysteria as planned. Despite having shuffled off this mortal coil in practice via that method without much fanfare, he managed to hold on for seven hours of (constant, as far as I was aware) hysteria before eventually collapsing just after 10am on Wednesday... mind you, that's not counting the many, many hours he (optimistically) spent in that mood while anticipating Caleb's much-delayed passing. Probably should have rekindled the fires in Caleb's cell room, but ah well. I have half a mind to posit that sims cannot in fact die while livestreaming with the drone, because he sure as heck didn't want to... eh, by this point I knew full well that I wasn't going to be able to get him back until that evening at the earliest. Thankfully, Wednesday night is Ghost Night at the game's bars, so I shaved a smidgen off my final time by having Penny hang around outside the spawn point for Rattlesnake Juice:

Sorry, random townie whose name I didn't bother to catch. Wrong place at the wrong time and all that.

Still, now that I've got all that out of my system... I did have a lot of fun with this challenge, being forced to think on my feet as I was. I've said before about my love of the curveballs the game throws at you, and this particular playthrough sure did deliver them by the bucketload! Despite having spewed out all of the above, I still haven't quite motivated myself to do a round-up of the tournament as a whole, which is even sillier when you factor in the part where I, um, won it. Still kinda shocked about that, honestly. Here and now, though, it's all about this single challenge, so thank you team for the jolly good time, and I hope all you who haven't yet posted about your experiences enjoyed it quite as much as I did...

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2020, 05:31:31 AM »
I had so much fun with this event!!! Since tax season was FINALLY over, I was actually on vacation when the event started, so I had nothing but time to plan & play  ;D

Dean Winchester, a Young Adult human, started his short existence with the Hope VS Order Aspiration which gave him the bonus trait of Prepared Traveler. He also had Loves Outdoors, Insider, and Neat. He moved onto the Pebble Burrow empty lot in Oasis Springs and immediately made a call to go to Batuu to check out the New Order. Dean completed his Unique Aspiration, Hope VS Order, before noon on Sunday and promptly traveled back home.

Dean started a club and added Baako Jang, Lily Feng, & Judith Ward, changed the lot type to Tiny House (for the relationship gains), and started a club gathering. With the relationship boost of Tiny House, only one set of selfies is needed to fill the relationship bar completely. Lily & Baako moved in with all of their available household funds. Then they all moved into Judith’s house. Then the club traveled around coercing others to join their bizarre death club. By mid-afternoon, Jacques Villareal, Minerva & Darrel Charm, and Vladislaus Straud (and all of their money) joined the household.

Mansion Baron: everyone earned points into the 3rd milestone with Judith’s house, then changed aspirations (and never came back to this one). Vlad kept the aspiration and once the 3 additional windows were added, he completed his Unique Aspiration. With his points, he purchased 21 Moodlet Solvers and gave them all to Dean for safe keeping.

Fabulously Wealthy: Jacques chose this as his Unique Aspiration, and it was completed as soon as it was chosen. With his points, he purchased 13 Moodlet Solvers, 1 Happy Potion (Baako will need this later), & 1 Instant Hygiene and also gave them to Dean for safe keeping.

Since Minerva needed to visit the Magic Realm for her first milestone of Spellcraft & Sorcery, everyone set this to their aspiration and they all took a field trip for a few points. They immediately went back home and the household moved to their permanent digs - back to Pebble Burrow in Oasis Springs. Bought a guinea pig / hamster (whatever the little rodent is…) just in case something didn’t work out and we needed a backup plan of Rabid Rodent Fever.

The goals now were to work on Aspirations and Death:

Vlad died quickly from Overexposure to the Sun - easy peasy.

Jacques: locked him in a small room with the cheapest used stove, fridge, and counter. He cooked 4 dishes with no sign of fire… (In the test run, he caught the stove on fire cooking his first meal, but ghost Vlad zoomed through the wall and saved his mortal enemy from death…) Then I thought to check if Darrel knows the spell to set things on fire - he did. Darrel set the stove on fire and it took awhile, but Jacques finally caught on fire, too. Since there were no ghosts on property yet to "help" extinguish the fire, Jacques met his fiery demise with no further complications.

Wasted almost 12 hours in the Magic Realm. On Monday at 2:35 AM, Minerva went alone to the Magic Realm to try and learn the Necrocall spell. While there, she finished her Unique Aspiration of Spellcraft & Sorcery at 1:19 PM — and still didn’t learn the blasted spell. She could have done all of this on the home lot and the others could have been 12 hours closer to their goals. Oh well - live and learn.

Minerva: set her to work at a Robot Building Station and she died from electrocution.

Ghosts: Darrel already knew the Necrocall spell and promptly summoned mommy from her grave. A selfie was needed to raise the friendship bar and she rejoined the household. She promptly began practicing Untamed Magic and was finally able to learn the Necrocall spell. Darrel summoned Jacques and Minerva summoned Vlad and, after a set of selfies, they rejoined the household. That wrapped up Monday.

Tuesday was a busy day:
Darrel completed Leader of the Pack

Dean died from Research Machine Exhaustion (I had to kill him this way because who would have ever thought that Dean Winchester could die from contributing knowledge?!?!?)

Darrel (FINALLY) died from Spellcaster Overload. This took about 12 hours of constant spell casting. Luckily Pebble Burrow has a ton of foot traffic on the other side of the street - he just kept zapping, freezing, and unfreezing people. As his magic became more unstable, he actually turned someone into a little rabbit statue - it might have been Marcus Flex. Also with his unstable magic, he would sometimes freeze himself in a backfire, but luckily Minerva was there to thaw him out.

Judith finished the Grilled Cheese Aspiration when Grim came to take Darrel.

Lily finished Nerd Brain and Baako finished Joke Star

Wednesday wrapped it all up:
As soon as Baako finished his Aspiration, I made a playful section around his microphone full of emotion enabled items. He drank a Moodlet Solver (for obvious reasons) and the Happy Potion (for a happy boost of +100) and along with the playful aura, he was immediately Hysterical. It only took a few hours and he was in the ground.

Lily drowned - she was locked in a pool doing laps from the time she finished her aspiration.

Judith was my troublemaker. In the practice run, she died fairly quickly in the sauna with no problem. But in the game file, she had to put up a fuss. She continually summoned Grilled Cheese Sandwiches which stopped the sauna so she never got the moodlets she needed to spawn death. Plan B: attempted Rodent Fever, but the cage wasn’t dirty yet, so no death inducing rodent bite. Plan C: got a weather machine, set it to heatwave, put her in her winter clothes, and had her build sand castles until she burned to death from the sun. Spent 24 Sim Hours working on her death…

Minerva summoned Dean and Darrel with the Necrocall Spell. Minerva took Darrel, Jacques took Dean: set of selfies and they both rejoined the household by 6:40 PM. Minerva summoned Lily. Darrel summoned Baako & Judith. Whoever had some friendship with each one did a set of selfies and by 7:24 PM all 3 remaining ghosts rejoined the household.

Summary (Sim: Unique Aspiration, Game-Assigned Death Trait):
Dean: Hope VS Order, Death By Overexertion
Vlad: Mansion Baron, Death By Sunlight
Darrel: Leader of the Pack, Death By Spellcaster Overload
Baako: Joke Star, Death By Laughter
Judith: Grilled Cheese, Death By Overheating
Lily: Nerd Brain, Death By Drowning
Minerva: Spellcraft & Sorcery, Death By Electrocution
Jacques: Fabulously Wealthy, Death By Fire

Offline pinkflamingo1014

• Nooboo
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2020, 08:30:00 PM »
I really had alot of fun with this challenge

Main Finn Reaper-beach-vampire (he was bitten on Sunday but didn't turn until Wednesday) - beach life - sunlight
Judith Ward - Mansion Baron - starve (she didn't eat again after I met her)
Penny Pizzazz - Friend of the World - drown
Meredith Roswell - Grilled Cheese - murphy bed (spellcasters can break it; still takes awhile to happen)
Minerva Charm- Purveyor of Potions - overexertion (woo-hoo)
Emilia Ernest - Master Mixologist -sauna
Darrel Charm - Leader of the Pack - overcharge
Ted Roswell - Fabulously Wealthy - burn

Key Points * Meredith has to move in before Ted and can not sell her furniture * Ted moves in last and dies first (Ted's aspiration can be achieved by selling his furniture and moving into Judith's) (funny note...if a vampire bites Ted they can also become possessed, even as a ghost) *everyone had a best friend * 2 session of death 3 sims at a time as close as possible * 2 Spellcasters needed Minerva has to learn Necrocall, Darrel doesn't *at first had married Simin and Morgyn redone with Darrel and Emilia * Judith and Mansion Baron are key *rewards used and clubs were used to boost skills

I have notes on what I did and in what order. If you have any questions let me know. I'll try to give you a detailed description of how I made it happen. Most aspirations are done really quickly only a couple that I had take 2 days

Super Fun Challenge! Thanks!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2020, 02:07:17 AM »
Congratulations Nandarelle and Nikitachi!  Great strategies  8)

I'll post part of mine soon.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2020, 02:59:53 PM »
Great strategies, everyone!  Here's the different stuff in mine:

I'm just posting now because my sprained wrist is almost healed, so now, I can type some.  It wasn't sprained when posted my results, but my arm and shoulder have been hurting all year, so it took me longer to play the challenge and the game in general.  Now, I can only play for a few minutes at a time, but I guess that's better than nothing.  I'm getting Snowy Escape today...

I started the challenge like this:
I had my Sim be a serial romantic.  He got Nancy, Geoffery and Malcolm Landgraab to move in after he had relationships with all of them.  I did the same thing to move both Fengs, the teenage Verriarial from Windenburg and one of the Calientes (mother or one of the sisters.)

I did get the last one (Malcolm) to die by Rabid Rodent Fever.  The others died by, overexersion by exercise (Nancy was an elder by that time), fire, old age, freezing (I did it all in winter), starvation, electroction by fixing the radio and drowning.

That was a wicked unique and awesome challenge, team 8).

Coolsim

anything