Author Topic: The Purge Rebooted - Survival RPG style Challenge with Mods  (Read 10267 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: The Purge Rebooted - Survival RPG style Challenge with Mods
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 08:53:35 PM »
Yeah, I kind of thought I could probably ignore that, but she was ticking me off lol.  She had only made it to Mischief level 4, so it's not a terrible loss of progress.  Once I do end up with another Thief, I at least have some dwellers who have now either maxed their skill, or in the case of the Fabricator uses up her wax and has nothing she needs to do, so the Thief isn't wasting their time with their constant Mischief spamming.
I've pulled a stove and fridge out of the trash, and finally found enough parts to get the fridge at least to run on bits and pieces.  The cheapest fridge in the game, and the most expensive stove lol.  Still need electronic parts to get the stove going.  Also pulled another Dirty Double bed out of the trash, and my handyman (er, handywoman?) has given the beds the first upgrade.  So, GOOD beds for six, with one of the original singles still in my inventory!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2020, 10:08:50 PM »
I just had the encounter where the lone feral that you may or may not have killed earlier is leading a larger group.  Thing is, I didn't really give it much thought.  Did I kill him?  I dunno.  Since I brought everyone anyway, I matched their attack power, so either way I got home safe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 11:13:35 PM »
Gonna have to put this on hold before I really get aggravated.  Now off-the-grid stuff isn't working off-the-grid, and the 5 am plant reset doesn't happen.  So, the Fabricator can't get wax, and therefore will never level.  Even if I get a hippie and manage to get a bee box-- one block of wax a day, it will take all of eternity for her to get to level 10.

Offline ramblinghaggis

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2020, 06:06:56 AM »
Hmm that does sound annoying! I think perhaps the artisan should also start with a vertical planter then and can buy a pack of seeds for it, should get the soy seeds that way.  I had the candle table to help provide lighting until generators can be gotten. Also, thief's can steal skill books, such as from the library, so a fabricator skill book would help level the skill too.

Whats happening with the off the grid stuff? is this the stuff you pulled from the dumpster? The game is really annoying with plants not being harvestable for ages when travelling to a new lot, i will test to see how long you have to be on the lot for, for the plants to become harvestable. That is nothing I have modded, so is just the game itself unfortunately.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2020, 12:24:46 PM »
The refrigerator and or stove, fitted with fuel cells and fueled up with bits and pieces, aren't running.  The stove seems to be ready to go, but the fridge isn't working.

I got wax once, after hanging out in Port Promise all day.  Couple days later, it didn't appear at 5 am or even by 9 pm when I finally gave up and went home.
I NEVER see skill books in the library?  It always seems to be the same assortment that comes with a bookshelf.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 01:45:53 PM »
As for plants in other neighborhoods, it depends on the plant, but... it's a LONG time.  In other games, I've gone camping to force things to grow.  Lilies are the biggest PITA when you're trying to get death flowers, I camped out in the park in Willow Creek on the last day of spring/first day of summer.  Since they can start growing either at midnight or 2 am, not sure which, it was 8 or 9 pm when lilies finally were ready to pick and I could go home.  I spent a whole weekend camping on the beach in Sulani, to make pineapples, coconuts, and taro root grow, arrived Friday afternoon, got my coconuts finally on Sunday afternoon.  Now normally, once you finally got one, you're done because you can go home and plant it.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2020, 09:03:04 PM »
Ok, I think I'm about ready to give this a try again, now that I'm no longer completely frustrated with the stuff that happened before.  I'll start over fresh.
This time, a couple of things done differently:  If I get an Artisan, they are going to buy their wax at the candle making station.  Everyone else can just get grinding on their skill, the Artisan has to have wax and has no way to get any under these rules.  Skill books aren't a thing unless you buy them either, they aren't found lying around in the world.
If I get a Geriatric, I can't be bothered with the laundry items.  When they work right, they give you buffs and it's great.  But they don't, the laundry gets dirty while it's still drying and it's a pointless, optional extra chore.  Knitting isn't any better, at least for me-- I'm getting a bug where sims who level Knitting up can't refill their Energy while sleeping!  It's been reported by others on the Bug Report forum too.
And also, now I know there's no point in trying to harvest plants elsewhere, unless I'm going to hang out for at least a full 24 hours.

Also, check your PM's.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2020, 12:25:41 AM »
Ok, I rolled an encounter where I roll to see who leaves to join another group of dwellers, and who stays, whoever leaves gets replaced.  Ok... how many?  That isn't specified, so I'm going to assume a 50% turnover.  I've got 2 I would be glad to be rid of-- a dog and a Coward.  There's 2 I really don't want to lose, a Leader and a Handyman.  And 2 I don't want to lose, but can live without-- a Doctor and a Chef.

Number rolls: 4,3,3,1.  Great, didn't get rid of either the dog or the Coward, those correspond to the Doctor, the Chef, and the Handyman.
Replacement role rolls:  Handyman (phew!), eight (oops, wrong button...), Celebrity (oh, good, ANOTHER useless dweller!), Dog (already got one), Thief (I hope this one works out better than the last one).

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2020, 05:15:05 AM »
And after 8 days, it's going MUCH better this time around.  Besides ridiculously bad luck on role filling rolls.  I've been bringing everybody when I go out, because I figure if something happens, it's got to be one of the useless dwellers that buy it, after all the bad luck I've had.  And... the celebrity and the coward have gotten me out of bad encounters!  Who woulda figured?  Then, finally, on Day 8 the daily event roll came up, gain a new settler but if you do, you lose your garden.  Oh no, not my... nonexistent... garden!  Rolled a Guard.  Also my Handyman has had the misfortune of being the first to finish her aspiration-- because now she's free to put up with the Thief's Mischief spamming.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 04:19:36 PM »
Alright, well, I've reached a point where daily life isn't very difficult anymore.  The Leader finally finished talking to himself, got the generators, which the Handyman promptly upgraded.  The Handyman's radio now works, and I'm sure you're well aware how much sims love to dance.  The Coward has become an Artisan.  37 dipped candles before he reached level 3 and could make molded candles, which take much more time and therefore he gets much more skill out of each.  If I hadn't decided I was buying wax... well, the only other way would be for a party to pack up their Gordian Cots and the grill, and go live in the community center in one of the Evergreen Harbor neighborhoods, for weeks.  There's a fishing hole, there's bathrooms, I'm sure someone would pull a shower or tub out of the trash before long... 
Near as I can tell, yoga mats can't be stolen.  My thief successfully swiped a piece of furniture that costs a lot more than a yoga mat, and from what I've read it seems to depend on an item's price, whether a Kleptomaniac can swipe something yet.
Fuel cells are questionable, whether they actually work or not, but this time the fridge and stove pulled out of the trash have generator power to run on, and are working fine.  Just a lot of micromanaging to keep dwellers from making things they aren't supposed to.
The celebrity maxed Acting, so now she and the dog do a daily dumpster diving mission.  Yes, I'm trying to get them killed, but they seem to have the devil's own luck.  But in the meantime, they keep the bits and pieces flowing for the generators and the Artisan, and maybe they'll find me a TV and a computer.
The lemon tree down the street will produce fruit all year round, Oasis Springs doesn't get cold enough for the river to freeze, so I'll never run out of food. 
So, basically, life is no longer difficult, I would get there eventually, but I don't have the patience to keep this going until I've maxed one of every role and gotten the achievement.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »
Oh, one last thing.  In challenge and competition rules, if it isn't forbidden, then it's allowed...  I refrained from using a pretty obvious exploit here. 

Spellcasters.