Author Topic: Sim not being fully rested?  (Read 2754 times)

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
Sim not being fully rested?
« on: June 09, 2020, 07:38:27 PM »
i just installed Eco Lifestyle a few days ago, so maybe that's introducing the problem, but my sims are now at university, so i don't know.

anyway, i have two sims, lance and lauren.  in just the past few sim days, lance is not fully rested, even though he's getting 10+ hrs of sleep.  i had him sleep for over 12 hours a couple days ago, and his fatigue bar was only up to 80%.  he's a wizard and can copypasto Plentiful Needs potions... but i'd rather not rely on that.

the confusing this is, this is new; he regenerated fatigue just fine for weeks.  i thought it might be his bed, so i had them switch, but it was the same thing in the other bed.

is this some kind of illness that i've not seen before?  i have never encountered this, and i've been playing since launch...

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sim not being fully rested?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 08:55:44 PM »
well... restarting the computer fixes 90% of problems... still not sure what caused it, or why restarting fixed it... but he's sleeping just fine now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 10:50:41 PM »
aaaannnndddd now it's doing it again.  has no one else ever encountered this before?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 01:05:36 AM »
I haven't. But deleting the localthumbcache.package in your sims 4 folder is always a good thing to do when your game is having issues. As is repairing the game in origin of that doesn't do it. Sorry I can't offer better advise.

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 02:45:27 AM »
i appreciate it!  i've tried repairing it, but i wasn't aware of the local cache.  is that in the game folder, or the documents folder?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 10:12:55 AM »
Documents. It can often store conflicting game data between games. Thus leading to bugs repeating between games or bugs forming when the game changes like after a patch, a new patch, or a mod change. If removed the game generates a fresh uncorrupted one using current game data. localthumbcache.package should be deleted after every change. Doing this is the first step in correcting many non-code related bugs and glitches.