Author Topic: Vizard of Vine challenge  (Read 17335 times)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
Re: Vizard of Vine challenge
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 03:22:20 PM »
I think I finally figured out what the deal is with this challenge.

It says you have to make nectar from 400 bunches of homegrown grapes. Well, you have to take that absolutely literally; it has to be the "old" grapes, the ones that can be bought in Sunset Valley that are simply called "Grapes". No fancy French ones, they don't count. Meh. :P

I don't know if it even matters which Sim has grown them.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »
That's not true, my original nectar making couple never used normal grapes anywhere, and they both completed vizard of vine in the end with Gralladina Fern and Cranerlet Nuala grapes only.  It does have to be who harvests them though, not who plants.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 11:50:05 PM »
Really? Akh, then I just don't get what's going on!

After reading this thread I had a Sim start making nectar. He is the only one who ever went near the garden, planting, harvesting, fertilizing, everything. I have used maybe 10-15 fruits that weren't grapes, the rest were grapes of various kinds. My Sim had used almost 600 pieces of fruit to make nectar before getting this reward! That's a lot more than 400 grapes! >:(

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 08:56:13 PM »
Has anyone actually completed this?  I had my Sim plant an entire garden of grapes from scratch and then took the harvested grapes to her vacation home in France to process all of the grapes into nectar, since she doesn't have to spend time gardening there.  I had her do all the planting but my male Sim did a lot of the tending/harvesting.  Does the same Sim have to do all of the gardening steps for the grapes to count??  She has used thousands of grapes and nothing.

Yes, I've completed it.  I'm only working with 1 Sim but I remember from all of other TS3 gardening challenges that the same Sim has to at least plant and harvest them for it to count.  So, the husband can tend but she has to harvest if you want her to be the Vizard.

Question....  Why do you make her take the grapes all the way to France to make them into nectar?  Why don't you have her make nectar at home?

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 12:33:18 AM »
She's too busy gardening at home to make much nectar... I guess their garden is too big!  Also, she still works 3 days a week at home, since she's a five-star chef.  I couldn't make her give it up since she has gotten enough raises that she makes almost $2,000 simoleons an hour now, even though they don't need the money.  France is just a nice vacation place, and they can both just make nectar, paint, work on writing their masterpieces, and go for jogs in the countryside without distraction.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 10:31:50 PM »
Are you talking about Vizard of Vine or Flavorful Feet?  For Vizard of Vine, you would need to have used 400 homegrown grapes (that means harvested), so you would need more than 40 batches as the life fruit component doesn't count.

By the way, the easiest way to complete the Flavorful Feet and Master of Nectar challenges as a new nectar maker is to buy 400 grapes from the grocery store in town and 3-4 nectar making machines.  You'll need to queue up the shop for groceries option as you can only buy 100 items at a time.  Make nectar with 10 grapes (the regular kind) and the mass produce option.  This gives 5 bottles per batch.  After completing both, you'll be able to make bottles worth more with more valuable fruit combinations.

Offline ExM

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 07:37:22 AM »
Okay so if one bunch of grapes ='s 1 bush of grapes and 1 bush of grapes provide a total of 3 grapes total, then 400 bunches is 1200 grapes total that need harvested by you. If 1200 grapes need to be turned into nectar for this feat / achievement of harvested grapes and the nectar machine requires 10 fruits per batch, then you need to make 120 batches of grapes that you have harvested yourself. I haven't completed by I am currently working on it since it's the last feat from nectar that I don't have. Once I am done harvesting, then I will begin the process of making them into nectar. I will most likely set up a ton of machines to chain it and make it go quicker since the harvesting of 1200 grapes is taking a very long time to do. May 500 ogres eat the dev slowly, who put this feat into the game. Very grindy and after so long of harvesting, it feels boring more than enjoyable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 07:49:31 AM »
Welcome to our Forum.

I believe this challenge was bugged at one time.  If you are able to achieve it, please let us know so we can get an idea of where it stands after nearly 5 years.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2020, 05:27:52 PM »
After a few or so days of trying to figure this challenge out, with Thanks to some friends and forum members we have found ....

To complete The Vizard of Vine challenge (# of French grapes used = 400 grapes), your nectar making Sim must plant and harvest any variety of French grapes on their home lot. Other Sim(s) may help water and weed without it taking away from the challenge.

This challenge may still be a little buggy, like Pam said. As in some of my test games my nectar making Sim mastered it, and others she didn't. So there may be other factors that are making it harder to master.

More tips and tricks in the post linked below:

Understanding Nectar Making
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31051.msg497320#msg497320
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything